Unlaminated Plastics Film & Sheet Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Unlaminated Plastics Film & Sheet Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Unlaminated Plastics Film & Sheet Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Unlaminated Plastics Film & Sheet Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Unlaminated Plastics Film & Sheet Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Fabric Coating Mills
Coated Or Laminated Fabrics And Coated Yarns, Including Impregnated Fabrics
Plastics Material And Resin Manufacturing
Thermoplastic Resins And Plastics Materials
Plastics Packaging Film And Sheet (Including Laminated) Manufacturing
Single-Web Film, Rolls, And Sheets, Including Coextruded, For Flexible Packaging Uses
Unlaminated Plastics Film And Sheet (Except Packaging) Manufacturing
Unlaminated Plastics Film And Sheet, Excluding Packaging
Laminated Plastics Plates, Sheet (Excluding Packaging), And Shapes
Laminated Plastics Plate, Sheet (Except Packaging), And Shape Manufacturing
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Unlaminated Plastics Film & Sheet Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Unlaminated Plastics Film & Sheet Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Unlaminated Plastics Film & Sheet Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Unlaminated Plastics Film & Sheet Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Unlaminated Plastics Film & Sheet Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||9%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||9%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||27%|
|Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||7%|
|Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||6%|
|Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||10%|
|Other Production Occupations||16%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||11%|
|Material Moving Workers||10%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||8%|
Unlaminated Plastics Film & Sheet Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Film maker Plastic Suppliers refocusing production plans - The company reported $110 million in corporate sales for 2016, with $89 million for film sales in North America, according to Plastics News' most recent film and sheet manufacturers ranking data. PSI came in at No. 70 in the ranking. (01/02/2018)
- Global Plastics Packaging Film and Sheet Manufacturing Market Re - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina - The "Plastics Packaging Film and Sheet Manufacturing: Global Markets to 2020" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering. The Plastics Packaging Film and Sheet Manufacturing Market will Grow from $97.9 Billion in 2016 to $123.7 Billion by 2020 ... (12/05/2017)
- Global Plastics Packaging Film and Sheet Manufacturing Market Re - KPTV - FOX 12 - The "Plastics Packaging Film and Sheet Manufacturing: Global Markets to 2020" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering. The Plastics Packaging Film and Sheet Manufacturing Market will Grow from $97.9 Billion in 2016 to $123.7 Billion by 2020 ... (12/05/2017)
- Global Plastics Packaging Film and Sheet Manufacturing Market Re - KFDA - NewsChannel 10 / Amarillo News, Weather, Sports - The "Plastics Packaging Film and Sheet Manufacturing: Global Markets to 2020" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering. The Plastics Packaging Film and Sheet Manufacturing Market will Grow from $97.9 Billion in 2016 to $123.7 Billion by 2020 ... (12/05/2017)
- Plastic Films & Sheets Market Size Worth $157.5 Billion by 2025: Grand View Research, Inc. - The global plastic films & sheets market is expected to reach USD 157.5 billion ... opportunities in key sectors including consumer goods and food & beverages. Robust manufacturing base in the global market coupled with growing demand in emerging economies ... (11/29/2017)
- GlobalPlastics Packaging Film and Sheet Manufacturing Markets 2016-2020 - Focus on PE, BOPP, and BOPET - Dublin, Dec. 05, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The "Plastics Packaging Film and Sheet Manufacturing: Global Markets to 2020" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering. The Plastics Packaging Film and Sheet Manufacturing Market will Grow from $97.9 ... (05/12/2017)
- Gross Profit in the Plastics Bag Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. Reached $2,547,450,000 - DUBLIN, Ireland--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/c60095) has announced the addition of Plastics Bag Manufacturing Industry in ... Manufacturing 32611 - Plastics Packaging Materials and Unlaminated Film and ... (06/19/2007)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $1,492,015 on Unlaminated Plastics Film & Sheet Manufacturing. It has awarded 113 contracts to 40 companies, with an average value of $37,300 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Acrylic film and unlaminated sheet (except packaging) manufacturing, Vinyl and vinyl copolymer film and unlaminated sheet (except packaging) manufacturing, Polyethylene film and unlaminated sheet (except packaging) manufacturing, Photographic, micrographic, and X-ray plastics, sheet, and film (except sensitized), manufacturing, Polypropylene film and unlaminated sheet (except packaging) manufacturing, Cellulosic plastics film and unlaminated sheet (except packaging) manufacturing, Film, plastics (except packaging), Sheet, plastics, unlaminated (except packaging), Plastics film and unlaminated sheet (except packaging) manufacturing, Polyvinyl film and unlaminated sheet (except packaging) manufacturing, Polyester film and unlaminated sheet (except packaging) manufacturing, etc.