|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Plastics Packaging Film & Sheet (including Laminated) Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Plastics Packaging Film & Sheet (including Laminated) Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Plastics Packaging Film & Sheet (including Laminated) Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Plastics Packaging Film & Sheet (including Laminated) Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Paper Bag And Coated And Treated Paper Manufacturing
Laminated Aluminum Foil Rolls And Sheets For Flexible Packaging Uses (Converting And Printing Or Converting Only)
Plastics Bag Manufacturing
Single-Web Film Specialty Bags, Pouches, And Liners
Plastics Packaging Film And Sheet (Including Laminated) Manufacturing
Single-Web Film, Rolls, And Sheets, Including Coextruded, For Flexible Packaging Uses
Film/Film Multiweb Laminated Rolls And Sheets, Excluding Foil, For Flexible Packaging Uses
Plastics Packaging Film And Sheet (Including Laminated) Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Plastics Packaging Film & Sheet (including Laminated) Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Plastics Packaging Film & Sheet (including Laminated) Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Plastics Packaging Film & Sheet (including Laminated) Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Plastics Packaging Film & Sheet (including Laminated) Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Plastics Packaging Film & Sheet (including Laminated) Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||9%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||9%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||27%|
|Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||7%|
|Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||6%|
|Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||10%|
|Other Production Occupations||16%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||11%|
|Material Moving Workers||10%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||8%|
Plastics Packaging Film & Sheet (including Laminated) Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Petoskey provides a second life for film - Blown film and recycling specialist Petoskey Plastics ... sheets for masking during painting. Other markets reflect the company's diversity: Grocery, medical, recycling, food, retail, packaging and construction. What does Petoskey do in its total ... (01/08/2018)
- The plastics packaging film and sheet manufacturing market will - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina - The plastics packaging film and sheet manufacturing market will grow from $97.9 billion ... and subscription-based information. • Online research including third-party references. • Trade associations, directories and publications. (12/04/2017)
- Plastic Films & Sheets Market Size Worth $157.5 Billion by 2025: Grand View Research, Inc. - The global plastic films & sheets market is expected to reach USD ... providing marketing opportunities in key sectors including consumer goods and food & beverages. Robust manufacturing base in the global market coupled with growing demand in emerging ... (11/29/2017)
- Berry Plastics Group, Inc. Announces Agreement to Acquire AEP Industries Inc. - Aggregate consideration will be $765 million, including AEP’s net debt ... AEP is a leading manufacturer of flexible plastic packaging films in North America. AEP manufactures and markets a diverse line of flexible plastic packaging products for consumer ... (08/25/2016)
- Total plastic ban in Karnataka - cling films and plastic sheets for spreading on dinning table irrespective of thickness including the above items made of thermacol and plastic which use plastic micro beeds." The notification also bars manufacturers from producing the aforementioned ... (03/14/2016)
- Plastic bags a headache for recyclers - "Plastic ... film and sheet products, including plastic bags, the group said. About 100 billion plastic bags are consumed in the U.S. annually, and 12 percent are recycled, said Phil Rozenski, senior director of sustainability for plastic and paper ... (07/30/2015)
- UAE bans non-biodegradable plastic products - Abu Dhabi: The Ministry of Environment and Water on Sunday has announced a ban on the circulation and marketing of non-biodegradable plastic ... including newspaper and magazine wrap, bubble wrap and cushioning packaging, flower wrap, overwrap, stretch ... (03/03/2013)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $4,477,646 on Plastics Packaging Film & Sheet (including Laminated) Manufacturing. It has awarded 87 contracts to 34 companies, with an average value of $131,695 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Film, plastics, packaging, manufacturing, Packaging film, single-web or multiweb, Flexible packaging, plastics film, etc.