|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Primary Battery Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Primary Battery Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Primary Battery Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Primary Battery Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Primary Battery Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Primary Battery Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Primary Battery Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Primary Battery Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Primary Battery Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||9%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||23%|
|Electrical, Electronics, and Electromechanical Assemblers||13%|
|Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers||11%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||10%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||18%|
|Other Production Occupations||8%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||6%|
|Material Moving Workers||5%|
Primary Battery Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Panasonic Ramps Up Solar Cell Production as Tesla Starts Making Solar Roofs at Gigafactory 2 - The battery module assembly line was cited as the primary constraint due to the complexity of the module design and the automated manufacturing process. Last fall, Panasonic executives said they were confident the bottlenecks were nearly worked out. (01/10/2018)
- New report shares details about the battery recycling market forecast to 2025 - Battery Recycling Market is provided in the report based on ... It also divulges details about the mode of research methodology used for the study. It includes data from primary as well as secondary resources. The report is a useful resource for industry ... (01/10/2018)
- Automotive Battery Market Development, Market Trend, Segmentation and Forecast to 2023 - With manufacturers significantly investing in ... The report for Global Automotive Battery Market of Market Research Future comprises of extensive primary research along with the detailed analysis of qualitative as well as quantitative aspects by various ... (01/10/2018)
- Fisker at CES: A $130,000 electric sedan and a radical new battery technology - Now he’s trying again, under the name Fisker Inc., with a sexy new car to go on sale in in 2019 and an advanced battery technology he claims ... The biggest issue will be manufacturing costs, Ceder said. Solid-state batteries will hit the auto industry ... (01/09/2018)
- Battery Market Is Anticipated To Grow On Account Of High Demand From The Automotive Application Till 2024 : Grand View Research, Inc. - The global battery market is expected to reach USD 132.55 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Majorly consisting of primary and secondary ... of the presence of a majority of manufacturers in Japan and South Korea. (01/08/2018)
- Ex-Tesla CEO's focus: Battery integration - Eberhard, who still drives a Tesla Roadster as his primary vehicle, stepped down as Tesla CEO in 2007, and began working with Volkswagen on an internal EV project. In 2016, he launched a startup, Inevit — short for "inevitable" — working on EV battery ... (01/06/2018)
- High-Tech Alabama Plant Produces First New Electric Bus Models - The Anniston plant is currently the sole producer of the Xcelsior CHARGE zero-emission, battery electric ... we ramp up production of fabrication parts,” said Scott Fischer, primary manufacturing manager. Two additional press machines designed to ... (01/05/2018)
- Global Battery Materials Market: Players Focus on Low Cost, High Performance Products to Steal a March Over Competitors, Observes TMR - Sensing an obstacle posed by high cost of batteries, key manufacturers of battery materials are pouring money into ... Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques to develop distinctive data sets and research ... (01/05/2018)
- Deals in Battery Metals Market Set Stage for Increases - High grade, high purity manganese is used as a primary cathode material in lithium-ion manganese batteries or NCM batteries. The NCM formulation of batteries is the slated as the next generation of battery ... agent in the steel manufacturing process ... (12/29/2017)
- Electric Vehicles This Week Honda To Set up EV Battery Plant In India And More - Our primary objective will be that the country’s public ... in addition to complete state GST reimbursements. According to Solomon, battery manufacturers operating in the state will be able to avail special incentives as well. Recently, it was reported ... (12/28/2017)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $22,282,202 on Primary Battery Manufacturing. It has awarded 3,026 contracts to 130 companies, with an average value of $171,402 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Primary batteries manufacturing, Alkaline cell primary batteries manufacturing, Alkaline manganese primary batteries manufacturing, Dry cells, primary (e.g., AAA, AA, C, D, 9V), manufacturing, Dry cell primary batteries, single and multiple cell, Batteries, primary, dry or wet, Watch batteries manufacturing, Flashlight batteries, disposable, Button cells, primary batteries, Disposable flashlight batteries manufacturing, Transistor radio batteries manufacturing, Mercuric oxide batteries manufacturing, Zinc carbon batteries manufacturing, Lithium batteries, etc.