Rail Transportation Maintenance & Repair Services Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Rail Transportation Maintenance & Repair Services
Overview of the U.S. Rail Transportation Maintenance & Repair Services IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Rail Transportation Maintenance & Repair Services: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Rail Transportation Maintenance & Repair Services industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Freight Transportation Arrangement Services
Maintenance And Repair And Related Services For Transportation Equipment
Packing Services For Goods
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Rail Transportation Maintenance & Repair Services company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Rail Transportation Maintenance & Repair Services industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Rail Transportation Maintenance & Repair Services measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||26%|
|Vehicle and Mobile Equipment Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers||19%|
|Heavy Vehicle and Mobile Equipment Service Technicians and Mechanics||17%|
|Rail Car Repairers||17%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||48%|
|Motor Vehicle Operators||7%|
|Rail Transportation Workers||13%|
|Locomotive Engineers and Operators||7%|
|Material Moving Workers||23%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||11%|
|Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand||9%|
Rail Transportation Maintenance & Repair Services Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Georgetown Rail Equipment||21|
|Transportation Technology Center||18|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- VIA Rail Sets Record for Ridership Over the Holiday Season - I thank our clients for their understanding and I want to acknowledge the dedication and professionalism of our front-line employees and our maintenance ... passenger transportation service, in both official languages of our country. VIA Rail operates ... (01/10/2018)
- Governor orders new commuter rail study for Valley-Anchorage commuters - Bill Walker on Tuesday kindled new life into the idea of commuter rail service between Anchorage and Wasilla by ... The task force would also have a representative from the city-state Anchorage transportation agency AMATS, and from Joint Base Elmendorf ... (01/09/2018)
- CT could drive up rail, bus fares to support transportation investment - Redeker is the commissioner of the state Department of Transportation ... service," said Everhart. Weekday off-peak services on Shore Line East, and the Danbury, Waterbury and New Canaan branches could be reduced and weekend services on these rail lines ... (01/09/2018)
- MBTA scolds Keolis over ‘disappointing’ day on commuter rail - The commuter rail system froze up in the aftermath of Thursday ... and they can and should expect the quality of service they need to get where they’re going,” Transportation Secretary Stephanie Pollack said in an interview last month. (01/06/2018)
- Coastal Train Service Scheduled to Shut Down 2 Weekends in January - Riders who use the coastal trains will need to find alternate transportation ... maintenance can be performed without interruption,” the statement read. Due to the location of the work being performed, Amtrak and Metrolink will not provide rail service ... (01/03/2018)
- Bombardier : and Mercitalia Rail Signed Contract for 40 TRAXX DC3 Locomotives and Long-Term Fleet Maintenance Service - Bombardier Transportation / Bombardier and Mercitalia Rail Signed Contract for 40 TRAXX DC3 Locomotives and Long-Term Fleet Maintenance Service . Processed and transmitted by Nasdaq Corporate Solutions. The issuer is solely responsible for the content of ... (12/21/2017)
- Tri-Rail frustrated by maintenance issues, duct tape repair - You can add repairing railroad tracks to the 1,001 uses for duct tape, but those who oversee Tri-Rail trains are not impressed. Frustrated by a history of train delays, South Florida Regional Transportation Authority board members blamed maintenance issues ... (02/24/2017)
- Bombardier Wins Rail Operations and Maintenance Contract in Florida - BERLIN, GERMANY--(Marketwired - Apr 15, 2013) - Rail technology leader Bombardier Transportation ... by 10 years of service. Bombardier's scope of work for the SunRail commuter rail service will include operations, dispatching, fleet maintenance, track ... (04/15/2013)
- STRIKE IN BOSTON HALTS COMMUTER RAIL SERVICE - The 25,000 commuters who use the rail service were forced to find alternative transportation. The United Transportation Union joined the eight-week strike of the maintenance workers' union in a show of solidarity after the company that owns the Boston ... (04/26/1986)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $3,050,742 on Rail Transportation Maintenance & Repair Services. It has awarded 112 contracts to 28 companies, with an average value of $108,955 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.