|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Snack Food Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Snack Food Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Snack Food Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Snack Food Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Snack Food Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Snack Food Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Snack Food Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Snack Food Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Food Processing Workers||15%|
|Miscellaneous Food Processing Workers||15%|
|Other Production Occupations||22%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||11%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||11%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||23%|
|Material Moving Workers||18%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||14%|
|Packers and Packagers, Hand||7%|
Snack Food Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|American Nut & Chocolate|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Food M&A volumes dip in December despite busy final week - data - Campbell announced on 18 December move to buy US snacks group Snyder's-Lance just-food's index of mergers and acquisitions in the international food manufacturing sector highlights the volume of deals being announced, as company strategists look to M&A to ... (01/10/2018)
- Functional food trends in the US - or processed chickpea snacks are generating a growth in the industry's sales. Other outstanding products are proteins as an ingredient, and alternative foods to meat. The trend that most marks this industry is the consumers' desire to obtain food and ... (01/10/2018)
- Global Extruded Snacks Market by Players: Amica Chips S.P.A., Diamond Foods, Axium Foods Inc., Old Dutch Food - Global Extruded Snacks market report gives the overview of the Extruded Snacks industry along with potential growth opportunities. This encompasses Extruded Snacks product definitions, classifications, and Extruded Snacks market statistics. The Extruded ... (01/10/2018)
- Tactile food will be a “secret weapon” in 2018, Phil Lempert predicts - Catering to consumer demand for “experiences,” food and beverage manufacturers in 2018 will make their products ... The food scientist behind the new snack brand P-nuff Crunch baked peanut puffs is an early adopter of this trend. (01/10/2018)
- Food Trends to Know in 2018 - We scoured industry blogs and spoke with experts ... chickpea puffs—if anything was evident from last summer’s Fancy Food Show, it’s that healthier snacks are in. Our professional food tasters hit the show floor and sampled a variety of veggie ... (01/09/2018)
- These Food Products Are Considered “Healthier” For Kids By The Food Industry - The industry’s "healthy" criteria require that products limit ... “If it has added vitamin C, then it counts as a positive, which is what happens with Popsicles and fruit snacks,” Harris said. But most children in the US are not deficient in vitamin ... (01/09/2018)
- New report shares details about the extruded snacks market - Manufacturers use this in order to produce healthier snacks with varied ingredients. This process also eliminates some of the naturally occurring toxins and reduces the micro-organisms present in the final product, thereby making them safer for consumption. (01/09/2018)
- Pet Food US Industry 2018 Sales, Supply and Consumption Forecasts to 2021 - The market can be further categorized by product type into Dry Food, Wet Food, and Treat and Snack/Mixers. Get sample Report @ https ... based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the Pet Food market landscape ... (01/09/2018)
- 13 Healthy Food Trends That Are Going Mainstream in 2018 - Food manufacturers across America are experimenting with ways ... but it's too good not to mention. There’s a new popped snack in town. Imagine popcorn for tiny hands and you’ve got popped sorghum. Sorghum is an ancient whole grain that uses half ... (01/08/2018)
- Snack maker's motto? 'Never believe your own hype' - Dawes is the CEO of Late July Snacks, which she co-founded in 2003 with her father, Steve, before he passed away in 2009. My passion for the natural and organic food industry began on the counter of my mother’s natural food store in the 1970s and the ... (01/05/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $69,242,595 on Snack Food Manufacturing. It has awarded 240 contracts to 61 companies, with an average value of $1,135,125 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|