Storage Battery Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Storage Battery Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Storage Battery Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Storage Battery Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Storage Battery Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Storage Battery Manufacturing
Storage Batteries, Lead Acid Type, Larger Than Bci Dimensional Size Group 8d (1.5 Cu Ft (.042 Cu M))
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Storage Battery Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Storage Battery Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Storage Battery Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Storage Battery Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Storage Battery Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||9%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||23%|
|Electrical, Electronics, and Electromechanical Assemblers||13%|
|Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers||11%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||10%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||18%|
|Other Production Occupations||8%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||6%|
|Material Moving Workers||5%|
Storage Battery Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- The Next 5 Years in Energy Storage, According to 500 Energy Professionals - The majority of attendees foresee energy storage dominance outside of a five-year time ... As system durations continue to grow, flow battery manufacturers are increasingly bullish on their pricing, claiming the high ground for 6-hour or longer duration ... (01/13/2018)
- Advanced Design and Manufacturing Cleveland Adds New Features to Second Annual Event - This session will take a look into the future of battery technologies and how the storage options we have today might change for the better. This new conference track will be accompanied by returning medical technology and smart manufacturing tracks ... (01/13/2018)
- Energy Storage Company Fluence Launches with Unparalleled Suite of Capabilities for Customers in Over 160 Countries - battery manufacturers, automakers or others. Fluence was designed to answer those needs, a company custom-built to deliver the most comprehensive set of energy storage solutions and services globally, including: “Throughout 2017, the energy storage ... (01/11/2018)
- Super Capacitors Battery Energy Storage Market Research by Types and by Application Areas, Industry Historical Data & Forecast 2027 - Global Super Capacitors Battery Energy Storage System Market Information ... a leading developers and manufacturers of capacitive energy storage and power delivery solutions, to deliver more products, faster into target markets. With this acquisition ... (01/10/2018)
- Battery energy storage for renewables market forecast 2018-2023 examined in new market research report - ... Storage for Renewables Market studies Battery Energy Storage for Renewables Market in Global and Global market, especially in North America, Europe, China, Japan, Korea and Taiwan, focuses on top manufacturers in Global and Global market, with ... (01/10/2018)
- PBC Tech Readies Battery-Boosting PowerWRAPPER for Commercial Launch With Manufacturing Agreement and New U.S. Patent - TROY, N.Y., Jan. 09, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PBC Tech, developer of innovative supercapacitor-based energy storage and battery enhancement technologies, today announced a manufacturing partnership agreement with KLA-Tencor (KLAC) in preparation for the ... (01/09/2018)
- Xcel Energy’s Bidding Process Shows Energy Storage Prices Keep Falling - Prices are dropping because such companies as Tesla Inc. are investing $5 billion into a battery storage manufacturing facility while the states are also involved. California, for example, is mandating investments in energy devices, which should create ... (01/09/2018)
- Advanced Battery Concepts enters into license agreement with Exide Industries Ltd. - With annual sales of more than $1.3 billion, Exide Industries manufactures possibly a range of storage batteries supplied from its seven battery manufacturing facilities. G Chatterjee, CEO and managing director of Exide Industries Ltd., says ... (01/04/2018)
- Future and Impact of Power Storage in Sub-Saharan Africa, 2017 - The adoption of battery storage systems is not without its own challenges ... this research service offers key insights for battery manufacturers, suppliers, and project developers regarding the prospective opportunities for expansion in Sub-Saharan ... (01/03/2018)
- Advanced Battery Concepts LLC Enters into Fourth License Agreement with the Largest Battery Producer in India, Exide Industries Limited - With annual sales of more than $1.3B Exide Industries manufactures possibly the widest range of storage batteries in the world covering the broadest spectrum of applications supplied from its seven battery manufacturing facilities. GreenSeal® technology ... (01/02/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $51,897,683 on Storage Battery Manufacturing. It has awarded 1,475 contracts to 247 companies, with an average value of $210,112 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Alkaline cell storage batteries (i.e., nickel-cadmium, nickel-iron, silver oxide-zinc) manufacturing, Automobile storage batteries manufacturing, Batteries, storage, manufacturing, Storage batteries manufacturing, Rechargeable nickel cadmium (NICAD) batteries manufacturing, Nickel cadmium storage batteries manufacturing, rechargeable, Rechargeable battery packs made from purchased battery cells and housings, Marine storage batteries manufacturing, Lead acid storage batteries manufacturing, etc.