|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Wood Container Pallets & Skids Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Wood Container Pallets & Skids Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Wood Container Pallets & Skids Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Wood Container Pallets & Skids Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Wood Container Pallets & Skids Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Wood Container Pallets & Skids Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Wood Container Pallets & Skids Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Wood Container Pallets & Skids Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||7%|
|Construction Trades Workers||7%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||16%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||15%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||20%|
|Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Wood||6%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing||14%|
|Other Production Occupations||9%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||14%|
|Material Moving Workers||10%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||7%|
Wood Container Pallets & Skids Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Shippers urges FG to suspend import policy on “palletisation’’ - “If wooden pallets are used, treatment costs will be incurred meanwhile, steel and plastic pallets are expensive. Who then bears the cost of the pallets from the exporting country? “If the cost is imposed on the manufacturers who imports the raw ... (01/12/2018)
- Wood pallet, crating manufacturer to invest $1.3 million, create 28 jobs at Holly Hill plant - A manufacturer of wood pallets, skids and specialty crating is locating operations ... Many of the jobs are expected to be above the county's average manufacturing wage of $15 an hour. The company is locating on about 12 acres at the intersection of ... (01/11/2018)
- Tree Brand Packaging, Inc. launching New Orangeburg County Operations - COLUMBIA, S.C. – Tree Brand Packaging, Inc., a manufacturer of wood pallets, skids and specialty crating ... We are excited to be manufacturing in South Carolina, a great place to live and work.” –Tree Brand Packaging President Chris Helms ... (01/09/2018)
- People can’t stop stealing wooden pallets - People will steal anything — even those wooden ... these skids are slipping away that companies are up in arms. Not only are pallets being stolen, but poor-quality ones are being switched for good ones that can cost up to $20 apiece. Some manufacturers ... (02/08/2017)
- DiNatale tours Kelley Wood Products, one of Fitchburg's long-running businesses - Seeking to take advantage of the region's industrial base, the elder Kelley, who Mike said was a gifted salesman, secured commitments from a host of city manufacturers to spend at least $20,000 annually for their pallet and wooden skid needs. That allowed ... (11/16/2016)
- The Single Most Important Object in the Global Economy - A year earlier, Dubai’s police made the region’s largest narcotics bust when they intercepted a container ... As Pallet Enterprise (“For 30 years the leading pallet and sawmill magazine”) recounts, pallets grew out of simple wooden “skids ... (08/15/2012)
- Research and Markets: Wood Container and Pallet Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2011 Edition] Out Now - LLC's new report "Wood Container and Pallet Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2011 Edition]" to their offering. The Wood Container and Pallet Manufacturing Industry report contains the most recent data and analysis on the ... (06/14/2011)
- USDA considers regulation of wood pallets that may carry invasive emerald ash borer - Local and national wood pallet manufacturers say they're fine with enhanced measures ... president of the 700-member National Wooden Pallet & Container Association in Alexandria, Va. There are currently 1.2 billion pallets circulating in the country ... (09/29/2009)
- Wood pallets are good as gold to some crooks - But Bruce Scholnick, president of the National Wooden Pallet and Container Association ... leaving fewer lower-grade scraps that are turned into skids. That caused the price of wooden pallets to rise to about $5 apiece -- and criminals took notice. (04/30/2007)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $36,383,188 on Wood Container Pallets & Skids Manufacturing. It has awarded 293 contracts to 76 companies, with an average value of $478,726 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Packing crates, wood, manufacturing, Barrels, coopered, Tobacco hogshead stock, Pallets, wood or wood and metal combination, Ammunition boxes, Round stave baskets (e.g., fruit, vegetable) manufacturing, Vegetable crates, wirebound, Tool chests, Cases, wood packing, nailed or lock corner, Boxes, jewelry, wood or part wood, Shipping crates, Cooperage stock (e.g., heading, hoops, staves) manufacturing, Pallet containers, Skids and pallets, Chests for tools, Pails, plywood, Tanks, cigar, Hogsheads, coopered wood, Hoops, sawed or split wood for tight or slack cooperage, Flats, greenhouse, Shipping cases and drums, Drums, shipping, Box shook manufacturing, Trays, carrier, Shipping cases, Tobacco hogsheads, Fruit crates, Cooperage manufacturing, plain or fabric covered, Casks, Egg cases, Coopered tubs manufacturing, Kegs, Firkins and kits, Box cleats, Berry crates, Cooperage stock mills, Vegetable baskets, veneer and splint, Hot tubs, Chicken coops (i.e., crates), wirebound for shipping poultry, Packing cases, Heading, barrel (i.e., cooperage stock), Pallet parts, Baskets, wood (e.g., round stave, veneer), Containers, Veneer baskets, for fruits and vegetables, Cigar boxes, wood and part wood, Shook, box, Staves, barrel, sawed or split, wood shipping, Buckets, Barrel heading and staves manufacturing, Fruit baskets, Crates (e.g., berry, butter, vegetable) made of wood, Berry cups, Splint baskets for fruits and vegetables, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.