Ammunition Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Ammunition Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Ammunition Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Ammunition Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Ammunition Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Ammunition (Except Small Arms) Manufacturing
Ammunition (Excluding Small Arms), More Than 30 Mm, More Than 1.18 In.
Small Arms, Ordnance, And Ordnance Accessories Manufacturing
Contract Work - Receipts For Work Done For Others On Their Materials
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Ammunition Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Ammunition Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Ammunition Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Ammunition Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Ammunition Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||6%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||11%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||11%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||30%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||8%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Workers||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||10%|
Ammunition Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Security Devices International||2|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Kimber Announces Plan for New State-of-the-Art Manufacturing Facility Opening in Alabama - Jason Reeves, the Mayor for the city of Troy, chimed in as well with warm greetings for the firearms manufacturing company: “This is a dream come true for the City of Troy and for me personally; a firearms manufacturing company with such a stellar brand ... (01/10/2018)
- Firearms maker to open manufacturing plant in Alabama - TROY, Ala. (AP) — Troy is about to get an economic shot in the arm with 366 jobs expected after a leading firearms maker announced it will soon build a facility in the city. WSFA-TV reports Gov. Kay Ivey's office confirmed Tuesday that Kimber ... (01/10/2018)
- Kimber manufacturing plans $38 million Troy facility - U.S. firearms maker Kimber Manufacturing will open a $38 million production facility in Troy, creating 366 jobs over the next five years. Gov. Kay Ivey announced the move today during her State of the State address. The factory will make Kimber's sixth U.S ... (01/10/2018)
- Gov. Ivey announces 366 jobs coming to Troy with new firearm manufacturing facility - Governor Kay Ivey announced Tuesday that Kimber Manufacturing Inc. has finalized plans to open a production facility in Troy. The company a leader when it comes to U.S. firearms manufacturing will create 366 jobs and invest $38 million into the local economy. (01/10/2018)
- Kimber to open Alabama firearms manufacturing facility with 366 jobs - Governor Kay Ivey announced today that Kimber Mfg Inc., a leading U.S. firearms manufacturer, has finalized plans to open a production facility in Troy, where it will create 366 jobs and invest $38 million into the local economy over the next five years. (01/09/2018)
- Governor Ivey Announces Kimber Manufacturing to Open Facility in Troy Bringing 366 Jobs - MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WKRG) - Governor Kay Ivey announced Tuesday that Kimber Manufacturing Inc., a leading U.S. firearms manufacturer, has finalized plans to open a production facility in Troy, where it will create 366 jobs and invest $38 million into the ... (01/09/2018)
- Kimber Announces Manufacturing Expansion in Alabama - USA –-(Ammoland.com)-Kimber Mfg., Inc., a leading American firearms manufacturer, today announced that it has finalized plans to expand manufacturing operations to Alabama. Kimber will begin operations in early 2019, with a new design engineering and ... (01/09/2018)
- Are Ammo Prices Ready To Drop? - In response, the economy reacted the way free markets are supposed to work. Ammunition suppliers started running their manufacturing plants day and night, adding additional shifts. Importers scoured the world markets, trying to buy everything they could ... (01/03/2018)
- China’s Robots Will Triple Bomb and Ammunition Production Capacity by 2028 - Xu Zhigang, lead scientist with China’s weapon systems intelligent manufacturing program, told the South China Morning Post last Wednesday that smart machines—five times more productive than a human—have begun replacing ammunition workers in a ... (01/02/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $3,727,768,427 on Ammunition Manufacturing. It has awarded 2,040 contracts to 129 companies, with an average value of $28,897,430 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Loading and assembling bombs, Projectiles (except guided missile), jet propulsion, manufacturing, Bomb loading and assembling plants, Primers (i.e., more than 30 mm., more than 1.18 inch), ammunition, Adapters, bombcluster, Fin assemblies, mortar, Ammunition (i.e., more than 1.18 inch) manufacturing, Igniters, ammunition tracer (i.e., torpedo and bomb, Mines, Missile warheads manufacturing, Boosters and bursters, artillery, Caps, bomb, Bombs manufacturing, Grenades, hand or projectile, Bombcluster adapters manufacturing, Shells, Fuses ammunition (i.e., Bag loading plants, Canisters, Shell loading and assembly plants, Artillery ammunition (i.e., Ammunition loading and assembling plants, Depth charges manufacturing, Mortar shells manufacturing, Tracer igniters, ammunition (i.e., Detonators, Torpedoes manufacturing, Jet propulsion projectiles (except guided missiles) manufacturing, Rockets, ammunition (except guided missiles, pyrotechnic), Arming and fusing devices, missile, etc.