Small Arms Ammunition Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Small Arms Ammunition Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Small Arms Ammunition Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Small Arms Ammunition Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Small Arms Ammunition Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Small Arms Ammunition Manufacturing
Small Arms Ammunition
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Small Arms Ammunition Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Small Arms Ammunition Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Small Arms Ammunition Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Small Arms Ammunition Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Small Arms Ammunition Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||6%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||11%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||11%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||30%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||8%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Workers||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||10%|
Small Arms Ammunition Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Greenville Ammo Supply|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Are Ammo Prices Ready To Drop? - Foreign manufacturers bumped up their production to try to fill the desire for more and more ammunition. Ammunition production was at the highest level ever for small arms, short of war. However, as the post adds, this manufacturing won’t just stop. (01/03/2018)
- Coimbatore could soon manufacture small arms and ammunition - Coimbatore, which is already known for manufacturing defence products, is soon going to become a hub for manufacturing small arms and ammunition. The Coimbatore District Small Scale Industries Association (Codissia) has submitted a proposal to the defence ... (12/22/2017)
- India eases licencing requirements for small arms and ammunition manufacturers - Amendments to India's existing licencing rules are intended to spur private-sector investment and boost capability The move is part of the Indian government’s drive to spur competition and break the monopoly of state-owned producers India has eased ... (10/31/2017)
- MHA relaxes small arms manufacturing rules - arms and ammunition and allied items of defence equipment other than small arms. “The liberalisation of the Arms Rules will encourage investment in the manufacturing of arms and ammunition and weapon systems as part of the “Make in India” programme. (10/31/2017)
- Centre relaxes Arms Rules to bolster investment in manufacturing - The Union Home Ministry has liberalised the Arms Rules to encourage investments in the manufacture of arms, ammunition ... small arms to neighbouring countries as well as help it become an export hub. Under the new rules, the licence granted for ... (10/30/2017)
- Govt relaxes Arms Rules to bolster investment in manufacturing - arms and ammunition and allied items of defence equipment other than small arms. The new rules, which came into effect on October 27, are expected to encourage manufacturing activity and facilitate availability of world-class weapons to meet the ... (10/30/2017)
- Bill aims to lure ammunition manufacturers to state - The people of Washington state who need small arms ammunition are almost completely dependent upon a very limited number of manufacturers of smokeless propellant, small arms primers, cartridge cases, and small arms ammunition that are located in other ... (03/28/2013)
- US opposes small arms 'ammunitions' within a global arms trade deal - If States determine that they would like to include such a provision within the ATT, however, governments could support language that would require entities involved in manufacturing small arms ammunition to obtain a license only if the entities also ... (03/01/2011)
- Research and Markets: Small Arms Ammunition Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade - LLC's new report "Small Arms Ammunition Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade" to their offering. Definition & Classification This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing small arms ammunition. (06/01/2010)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $482,885,672 on Small Arms Ammunition Manufacturing. It has awarded 2,328 contracts to 94 companies, with an average value of $5,137,082 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Blank cartridges (i.e., 30 mm. or less, 1.18 inch or less) manufacturing, Shot, lead, manufacturing, Ammunition, small arms (i.e., 1.18 inch or less), Shells, Bullet jackets and cores (i.e., pellet, Cartridges (i.e., Percussion caps (i.e., ammunition, Paper shells (i.e., Wads, Jackets, bullet (i.e., Pellets, air rifle and pistol, Shotgun shells manufacturing, BB shot manufacturing, Small arms ammunition (i.e., BB, Cartridge cases for ammunition (i.e., 30 mm.or less, Cores, steel, etc.