Ball Bearing & Roller Bearing Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Ball Bearing & Roller Bearing Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Ball Bearing & Roller Bearing Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Ball Bearing & Roller Bearing Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Ball Bearing & Roller Bearing Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Ball And Roller Bearing Manufacturing
Ball Bearings, Complete, Unmounted
Tapered Roller Bearings (Including Cups And Cones), Unmounted
Other Roller Bearings, Unmounted
Parts And Components For Ball And Roller Bearings (Including Balls And Rollers), Sold Separately (Excluding Cups And Cones)
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Ball Bearing & Roller Bearing Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Ball Bearing & Roller Bearing Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Ball Bearing & Roller Bearing Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Ball Bearing & Roller Bearing Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Ball Bearing & Roller Bearing Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||6%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||11%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||11%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||30%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||8%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Workers||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||10%|
Ball Bearing & Roller Bearing Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Research delivers insight into the roller bearings market - Agency -. The report provides key statistics on the market status of the Roller Bearings manufacturers and is a valuable source of guidance and direction for companies and individuals interested in the industry. Complete report on Roller Bearings market ... (01/09/2018)
- Counterfeit bearings puts end users and distributors at risk - The spindle bearings, spherical roller bearings, ball bearings and needle roller bearings scrapped ... In order to help buyers check the authenticity of their products, manufacturers of bearings have introduced a variety of measures. Schaeffler, for ... (01/08/2018)
- Adoption of IIoT Smart Bearings Spurs European Bearings Market - Ball bearings and roller bearings segment breakdowns are also provided ... “This will enable bearing manufacturers to enhance their bearing product portfolios by developing smart bearing solutions through partnerships with IIoT solution providers ... (01/04/2018)
- Adoption of IIoT-based Smart Bearings Spurs Growth of European Bearings Market - Ball bearings and roller bearings segment breakdowns are also provided ... "This will enable bearing manufacturers to enhance their bearing product portfolios by developing smart bearing solutions through partnerships with IIoT solution providers as ... (01/04/2018)
- Schaeffler’s Welsh plant begins production of turbocharger ball bearings - “The eagerly awaited volume production of turbocharger ball bearings has commenced, which represents a huge step forward for this plant in terms of redefining and repositioning itself for the future. It demonstrates the manufacturing performance of this ... (12/28/2017)
- Research and Markets: United States Ball Bearing and Roller Bearing Manufacturing Industry Report 2014 - Market to Reach $10.5 Billion by 2021 - has announced the addition of Plunkett Research Ltd's new report "Ball Bearing and Roller Bearing Manufacturing Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2021" to their offering. Vital industry-specific ... (01/27/2015)
- N.H. Ball Bearings resumes manufacturing Thursday - PETERBOROUGH — N.H. Ball Bearings resumed manufacturing in some of its departments today ... Its products include precision miniature and instrumental bearings and large ball and roller bearings for aircraft engines. Alyssa Dandrea can be reached ... (02/13/2014)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $22,241,054 on Ball Bearing & Roller Bearing Manufacturing. It has awarded 2,408 contracts to 329 companies, with an average value of $67,602 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Flange units, ball or roller bearing, manufacturing, Races, ball or roller bearings, Linear ball bearings manufacturing, Tapered roller bearings manufacturing, Bearings, ball and roller, Thrust roller bearings manufacturing, Linear roller bearings manufacturing, Needle roller bearings manufacturing, Pillow blocks with ball or roller bearings manufacturing, Cylindrical roller bearings manufacturing, Ball bearings manufacturing, Roller bearings manufacturing, Annular ball bearings manufacturing, etc.