|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Beer Manufacturing & Breweries
Overview: the U.S. Beer Manufacturing & Breweries Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Beer Manufacturing & Breweries:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Beer Manufacturing & Breweries Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Beer Manufacturing & Breweries companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Beer Manufacturing & Breweries company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Beer Manufacturing & Breweries industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Beer Manufacturing & Breweries measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Food Preparation and Serving Related Occupations||5%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||14%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||24%|
|Chemical Processing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||6%|
|Separating, Filtering, Clarifying, Precipitating, and Still Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||6%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||11%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||11%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||18%|
|Motor Vehicle Operators||9%|
|Driver/Sales Workers and Truck Drivers||9%|
|Material Moving Workers||9%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||5%|
Beer Manufacturing & Breweries Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- There's more beer 85-feet below Beer City, USA - It's new owner took over several years in hopes of making it a site for furniture manufacturing ... is now the recipe mastermind behind the brewery's most popular beers. He said he has put almost every beer they've ever made into a barrel. (01/10/2018)
- Carolina Beer Guy: Experience, education key in landing local brewery jobs - including manufacturing experience, translate well to the brewery setting. Photo courtesy of Highland Brewing Co. Want a job working at a local brewery? While there are many more employment opportunities in the Asheville-area beer scene than when local ... (01/10/2018)
- Grab a brew and learn something new at Old Ox Brewery - Loudoun County Public Library has launched a new educational series with Old Ox Brewery called Science on Tap. The series invites those 21 and over to have a beer and meet and ... So what is the current state of manufacturing human organs?” (01/09/2018)
- Outlook 2018: A Brew Economy - Beer is as old as civilization ... reaching roughly $60 million in 2013. And with brewing falling under the major industry heading of manufacturing, Montana’s manufacturing sector has enjoyed the largest output gain of $41.6 million due to craft brewing ... (01/07/2018)
- Breweries creating a buzz around Pinellas - As the popularity of beer produced by smaller breweries continues to grow ... Brewpubs are best suited for areas zoned for retail uses that allow manufacturing. Microbreweries need a location that allows light manufacturing uses with a smaller retail ... (01/06/2018)
- Farm Brewery Proposed In North Branford - NORTH BRANFORD, CT – Allowing farm breweries to operate in towns, which would include manufacturing and brewing of beer, retail sale of beer, tasting rooms and events has been the subject public hearings recently in front of the Planning and Zoning ... (01/01/2018)
- Global Commercial Beer Brewing Machine Market Comparison by Types, Application and by Regions - Global Commercial Beer Brewing Machine Industry 2017 Market Research Report provides the details about Industry Overview, Manufacturing Cost Structure, Capacity, Growth Rate, Gross Margin, Major Manufacturers, Development Trends and Forecast Analysis. (12/31/2017)
- UBC students brew up smartphone app to help craft beer makers - "Beer brewing is a popular demonstration activity because (aside ... Frostad has been doing research into beer foam to understand its potential applications in manufacturing and engineering processes, such as in the energy sector. Fraser Hof, a Canada ... (12/29/2017)
- DR. FERMENTO: The year in beer - Alaska craft beverages is value-added manufacturing in a state where we don ... There are plenty of industries with lots of opportunities and craft beer is definitely one of them.” Five brewing operations opened in Alaska in 2015, followed by four ... (12/27/2017)
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Lager brewing, Porter brewing, Malt liquor brewing, Nonalcoholic beer brewing, Grain, brewers' spent, manufacturing, Beverages, beer, ale, and malt liquors, Stout brewing, Beer brewing, Near beer brewing, Breweries, Ale brewing, etc.