|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Wineries
Overview of the U.S. Wineries IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Wineries: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Wineries Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Wineries companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Wineries company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Wineries industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Wineries measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Food Preparation and Serving Related Occupations||5%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||14%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||24%|
|Chemical Processing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||6%|
|Separating, Filtering, Clarifying, Precipitating, and Still Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||6%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||11%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||11%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||18%|
|Motor Vehicle Operators||9%|
|Driver/Sales Workers and Truck Drivers||9%|
|Material Moving Workers||9%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||5%|
Wineries Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|E. & J. Gallo Winery||1466|
|Millbrook Capital Management|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Travel: Top Bolgheri wineries to visit - One of the quintessential ‘aias’, Ornellaia, five minutes from Bolgheri by car, stretches at the northern end of the winery lined Via Bolgherese. Reserve your appointment months in advance to be buzzed through the hallowed gate and down the long ... (01/12/2018)
- Area wineries offer 'Souper' event - For those looking to warm up while getting out and about, an event is planned this weekend at area wineries, pairing hot food with good wine. Six wineries on the Route du Vin Ste. Genevieve Wine Trail will be participating in a “Souper Wine Weekend ... (01/12/2018)
- Thursday Sector Laggards: Agriculture & Farm Products, Beverages & Wineries - In trading on Thursday, agriculture & farm products shares were relative laggards, down on the day by about 1%. Helping drag down the group were shares of Cresud S. (01/11/2018)
- Wineries worry, shiver - Ontario's wine makers and grape growers are nervously watching the weather, fearing that this year's harvest could be literally nipped in the bud by an unusually cold winter. "We've gotten very close to the critical temperatures for bud survival for vines ... (01/11/2018)
- Warm-Weather Wineries to Help You Escape the Cold - California isn’t America’s only warm-weather wine destination. There’s the laid-back, picnic-friendly Texas Hill Country that’s dotted with exciting wineries. Arizona, which gains more respect from the wine world every year, boasts a truly great ... (01/11/2018)
- Napa County residents get special treatment at select wineries on Napa Neighbor Day - The Napa Neighbor Program is year-round, but this Saturday some wineries, including a handful in Calistoga, are offering something a little special for locals such as barrel samples, tours, and discounts for a special Napa Neighbor Day. Of the Napa Valley ... (01/10/2018)
- Korkable Has Become The Ultimate Online Platform For American Wineries - (MENAFN Editorial) With Its Informative Blog, Regularly Updated Listings & Events, Korkable is Becoming a One-Stop Solution For Everyone Who Loves Wine January 9, 2018 - Korkable has arrived as a great news for all the wineries across the United States and ... (01/10/2018)
- Wine Press: Burgundy Wineries, Part 1 - Interview with Frederic Drouhin of Maison Joseph Drouhin - This is the first in a series of articles about wineries in Burgundy, France visited by the author. BEAUNE, FRANCE - The church bell chimes twelve times. The sound of the bell drifts down into the soaring, barrel-vaulted cellar deep beneath Collegiale ... (01/08/2018)
- CrossWinds, Olivero's among wineries celebrating at Pa. Farm Show 2018 - Four central Pennsylvania wine producers were among the big winners Saturday afternoon in the 2018 Farm Show competition, one of the state's two biggest held annually. It was, as usual, a list of winners that showed off the range of grapes used for wine ... (01/07/2018)
- Travel 2018: Chile's Biodynamic Wineries Offer Luxury Among The Vineyards - Imagine resting in your infinity pool, overlooking the vineyards of the Colchagua valley, before feasting on a meal paired with a winery’s best vintages — and made with produce from their own garden — before retiring to your private “casita” for ... (01/03/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $706,225 on Wineries. It has awarded 25 contracts to 5 companies, with an average value of $141,245 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Applejack distilling, Sparkling wines manufacturing, Alcoholic beverages, brandy, distilling, Distilling brandy, Ice wine, Liquors, distilling and blending, Blending brandy, Vermouth manufacturing, Wines manufacturing, Wines, cooking, manufacturing, Grape farming and making wine, Champagne method sparkling wine, Wineries, Wine coolers manufacturing, Fortified wines manufacturing, Beverages, wines and brandies, Brandy distilling, Cider, alcoholic, Blending wines, Nonalcoholic wines manufacturing, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.