|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Cement Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Cement Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Cement Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Cement Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Cement Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Cement Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Cement Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Cement Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||8%|
|Construction Trades Workers||7%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||19%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||9%|
|Molders, Shapers, and Casters, Except Metal and Plastic||7%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||40%|
|Motor Vehicle Operators||31%|
|Driver/Sales Workers and Truck Drivers||31%|
|Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers||30%|
|Material Moving Workers||7%|
Cement Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Ambuja Cement among the Top 10 in the Global DJSI Ranking - Ambuja Cements Ltd., a part of the global conglomerate LafargeHolcim and one of the leading cement manufacturing companies in India, has set new sustainable development benchmarks with the internationally renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI ... (01/10/2018)
- Despite Apapa gridlock, manufacturers’ purchasing level expands - The expansion in PMI in the manufacturing sector has remained steady for the ninth ... apparel, leather and footwear; cement; transportation equipment; paper products; food, beverage & tobacco products; furniture & related products; plastics & rubber ... (01/10/2018)
- Still On Cement War Between Dangote and BUA - BUA’s chairman, Abdulsamad Rabiu, said Dangote group was undermining security around his plant in Edo state, a state with limestone, a key ingredient in cement manufacturing. Dangote’s cement operation is in the North central state of Kogi. (01/09/2018)
- Asian Cement Markets Expand in November, Middle East still struggling - CW Group is particularly recognized for its sector expertise in heavy-side building materials (cement), light-side building materials, traditional and renewable power & energy, petrochemicals, metals & mining, industrial minerals, industrial manufacturing ... (01/09/2018)
- Rising cost and weak demand to hit cement companies’ profit - The Supreme Court recently eased its ban on use of petcoke for cement manufacturing, lime industries and on furnace oil for power generation. It also directed the government to lay down the regulations for such use. The import duty on pet coke was raised ... (01/08/2018)
- Manufacturing activity expands at fastest pace in 5 years in December - NEW DELHI: Manufacturing activity expanded at the fastest pace in ... Latest data showed core sector, spanning coal, steel, crude oil, refinery products, steel, cement, fertiliser and electricity, rose at a 13-month high of 6.8% in November while car ... (01/03/2018)
- Huaxin to invest $140m in cement plant - In recent years, Chinese companies have been making investment in cement manufacturing in Nepal. Earlier, the IBN had approved the FDI proposal worth $360 million made by China’s Hongshi Holdings Ltd that has joint venture with Nepali cement manufacturer ... (12/28/2017)
- Dalmia Cement Joins Vodafone PBL Bandwagon, Takes Ownership of Delhi Dashers - The Vodafone Premier Badminton League took a giant step towards consolidating itself further, with India's leading cement manufacturing company Dalmia Cement joining the family as the owners of the Delhi franchise. (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh ... (12/28/2017)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $682,600 on Cement Manufacturing. It has awarded 29 contracts to 19 companies, with an average value of $35,926 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Natural (i.e., calcined earth) cement manufacturing, Cement clinker manufacturing, Cement (e.g., hydraulic, masonry, portland, pozzolana) manufacturing, etc.