|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Ready-Mix Concrete Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Ready-Mix Concrete Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Ready-Mix Concrete Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Ready-Mix Concrete Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Ready-Mix Concrete Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Ready-Mix Concrete Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Ready-Mix Concrete Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Ready-Mix Concrete Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||8%|
|Construction Trades Workers||7%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||19%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||9%|
|Molders, Shapers, and Casters, Except Metal and Plastic||7%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||40%|
|Motor Vehicle Operators||31%|
|Driver/Sales Workers and Truck Drivers||31%|
|Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers||30%|
|Material Moving Workers||7%|
Ready-Mix Concrete Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Patriot Ready Mixed Concrete|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Halifax cleantech firm CarbonCure strikes deal to expand to 16 new concrete plants - CarbonCure’s technology can be integrated into existing concrete manufacturing equipment and stores carbon by injecting it into concrete. For ready-mix varieties, the process works by chemically binding carbonate ions from CO2 with the calcium ions in ... (01/09/2018)
- Thomas Concrete adopts CarbonCure technology - and South Carolina will install CarbonCure’s retrofit technology into an additional 16 ready mix concrete plants in early 2018. CarbonCure’s retrofit technology chemically sequesters waste carbon dioxide during the concrete manufacturing process to ... (01/09/2018)
- Chaney opens BuilderUp - a building supplies & services division - Materials and services available at the new BuilderUp include custom truss manufacturing and steel fabrication ... We are passionate about providing ready-mix concrete, sand, gravel, stone, blended soils, and related construction supplies to our customers ... (01/08/2018)
- Five minutes with Hall Chaney, president of Chaney Enterprises - That hasn’t changed for the 34-year-old president of Chaney Enterprises, a Waldorf-based supplier of ready-mix concrete, sand ... “We’re selling perishable product, mobile-ly manufacturing a perishable product that will literally harden in our ... (01/06/2018)
- US Concrete Stock: Buy at the High? - Management estimates that the U.S. market for ready-mix concrete generates annual revenue of $30 billion spread across 2,200 producers and 6,500 manufacturing plants. Most are small local and regional players, which makes for an incredible opportunity for ... (12/16/2017)
- Meriwether Ready Mix - How do I get my business listed? Our directory features more than 18 million business listings from across the entire US. However, if we're missing your business, just click the button below to request that it be added. (04/28/2017)
- Raritan Twp. concrete product firm expands to new complex; will open ready-mix plant - RARITAN TWP. — A new ready-mix concrete plant and a concrete product manufacturing plant are nearing completion off Pennsylvania Avenue here. This is the place to come if you’re putting up a big building and need a septic tank 20 or 30 times the size ... (07/05/2011)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $4,343,955 on Ready-Mix Concrete Manufacturing. It has awarded 221 contracts to 67 companies, with an average value of $64,835 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Concrete batch plants (including temporary), Central-mixed concrete manufacturing, Ready-mix concrete manufacturing and distributing, Truck-mixed concrete manufacturing, Transit-mixed concrete manufacturing, etc.