|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Cheese Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Cheese Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Cheese Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Cheese Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Fluid Milk Manufacturing
Fluid Milk And Cream, Bulk Sales
Fluid Milk And Related Products, Packaged (Including Cartons, Bottles, Cans, And Dispenser Cans), Excluding Ultra High Temperatu
Yogurt, Excluding Frozen
Natural Cheese (Cheddar, Swiss, Italian, Brick, Cream, Grated, Dried.), Excluding Cottage Cheese
Process Cheese And Related Products
Cheese Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Dry, Condensed, And Evaporated Dairy Product Manufacturing
Dry Milk Products And Mixtures
Concentrated Milk Products, Shipped In Bulk (Barrels, Drums, And Tanks)
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Cheese Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Cheese Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Cheese Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Cheese Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Cheese Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||8%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Food Processing Workers||15%|
|Miscellaneous Food Processing Workers||15%|
|Other Production Occupations||27%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||13%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||13%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||20%|
|Motor Vehicle Operators||6%|
|Driver/Sales Workers and Truck Drivers||6%|
|Material Moving Workers||13%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||9%|
Cheese Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Karoun Dairies Inc. & Centr|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Belgrade 10-year-old wins grilled cheese contest at trade show - ... A standard grilled cheese sandwich has two slices of bread and a slice or two of cheese. Simple, right? For Jade Eastman, Chase Daigle and Ethan Hobart, making a grilled cheese Wednesday was a lot different. The trio participated in the first-ever ... (01/13/2018)
- Cheese Curds, 1/11: Will Mike Pettine be willing to simplify complex defensive scheme? - Here’s another further look at Pettine and what to expect from him this season. Larry McCarren explains in video form just why Mike Daniels has been deserving of making the Pro Bowl for several years now. Rex Ryan on Packers new defensive boss Mike ... (01/12/2018)
- A better mousetrap: Chuck E. Cheese’s looks to lure a new generation - Cheese’s kid-themed chain of restaurants/ indoor theme parks. Last year, a period filled with rumors that the chain might return to the public markets, Leverton was busy making the brand more appealing to kids and the parents who tote them around. (01/11/2018)
- Chester Township culinary school educates on making mozzarella - The $55, two-hour class will be led by Paganini and a representative from Miceli Cheese. You’ll make fresh mozzarella from curd, braided and stuffed mozzarella and ricotta cheese. The menu includes a Caprese salad with tomato, basil and mozzarella ... (01/11/2018)
- 5 easy steps for making any recipe vegan - Here are five tips for making any recipe vegan. It can be hard to cut out meat ... Although you can purchase vegan cheese at your local specialty supermarket, nuts can serve as the perfect substitute for any recipe that calls for cheese. (01/09/2018)
- Frankenmuth Cheese Haus, Healthy Habitz bringing changes to Main Street - The building at 545 S. Main is to be demolished, making way for a new 17,000-square-foot Bavarian-themed building to be home to the new Frankenmuth Cheese Haus, according to a Cheese Haus news release. The Cheese Haus is currently located at 561 S. (01/08/2018)
- Global cheese powder market forecast to 2021 explored in latest research - The increased shelf life of cheese powder also drives the market forward by being a preferred choice for packaged foods manufacturers. The increased consumption of cheese and cheese related products has increased the market share for cheese powder. (01/05/2018)
- Behind Dallas' gourmet grilled cheese food truck is a legendary oil family and a drive for charity - Ruthie's Rolling Cafe serves gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches inspired by those made by her ... But Ruthie’s is more than a means for making money. Kleinert uses it as a means for supporting local nonprofits with what she calls “Ruthie’s Snacks ... (01/05/2018)
- Argyle Cheese Farmer gets OK for new site - GLENS FALLS — Argyle Cheese Farmer hopes to open its cheese and yogurt manufacturing plant this fall in what is currently a vacant warehouse on Pruyn’s Island. The Planning Board on Tuesday gave a conditional approval to the project to renovate the ... (01/03/2018)
- Cheese? yes please - It was at this stage both Grosvenor and Ro decided to expand and venture into cheese making and built their facility at the back of the building now leased and named The Cellar By Gilbert. The sandstone was found by Ro at Lithgow in 2000 – the front ... (12/30/2017)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $155,634,845 on Cheese Manufacturing. It has awarded 366 contracts to 25 companies, with an average value of $6,225,394 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Dips, cheese based, manufacturing, Cheese (except cottage cheese) manufacturing, Processed cheeses manufacturing, Curds, cheese, made in a cheese plant, Cheese analogs manufacturing, Spreads, Cheese, imitation or substitute, natural (except cottage cheese), Cheese spreads manufacturing, Cheese products, Whey, raw, liquid, etc.