|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Dry, Condensed & Evaporated Dairy Product Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Dry, Condensed & Evaporated Dairy Product Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Dry, Condensed & Evaporated Dairy Product Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Dry, Condensed & Evaporated Dairy Product Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Fluid Milk Manufacturing
Fluid Milk And Cream, Bulk Sales
Fluid Milk And Related Products, Packaged (Including Cartons, Bottles, Cans, And Dispenser Cans), Excluding Ultra High Temperatu
Perishable Dairy Product Substitutes
Creamery Butter Manufacturing
Dry, Condensed, And Evaporated Dairy Product Manufacturing
Dry Milk Products And Mixtures
Milk Products, Shipped In Consumer-Type Cans, Excluding Substitutes
Concentrated Milk Products, Shipped In Bulk (Barrels, Drums, And Tanks)
Ice Cream Mixes And Related Products
Dairy Product Substitutes
Dry, Condensed, And Evaporated Dairy Product Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Dry, Condensed & Evaporated Dairy Product Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Dry, Condensed & Evaporated Dairy Product Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Dry, Condensed & Evaporated Dairy Product Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Dry, Condensed & Evaporated Dairy Product Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Dry, Condensed & Evaporated Dairy Product Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||8%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Food Processing Workers||15%|
|Miscellaneous Food Processing Workers||15%|
|Other Production Occupations||27%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||13%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||13%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||20%|
|Motor Vehicle Operators||6%|
|Driver/Sales Workers and Truck Drivers||6%|
|Material Moving Workers||13%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||9%|
Dry, Condensed & Evaporated Dairy Product Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Formulate suitable strategy to unlock significant growth potential in UP's dairy industry: ASSOCHAM - Apex industry body ASSOCHAM today urged the BJP-led Uttar Pradesh (UP) government to formulate a suitable strategy for unlocking the significant growth potential ... processed tradable dairy products comprise condensed milk, cheese, dry milk products ... (03/27/2017)
- O-AT-KA milk plant expands in Batavia, hopes to create 24 jobs within three years - The cooperative produces dry, condensed and evaporated dairy products, as well as ready-to-drink dairy-based beverages. After the expansion, it will employ over 350 workers. Empire State Development Corp. provided a $400,000 capital grant to support the ... (07/15/2016)
- Expansion of Batavia Milk Cooperative announced - According to Empire State Development, O-AT-KA, is the top manufacturing employer in Batavia with more than 330 employees. The cooperative, which produces dry, condensed and evaporated dairy products, was established in 1959. (09/10/2015)
- Asahi’s acquisition of Etika intensifies competition for M’sian dairy manufacturers - This follows its first acquisition ... business of Etika is involved in the manufacturing and distribution of milk product, consisting mainly of sweetened condensed and evaporated milk which are distributed under the brand name of Dairy Champ,” outlined ... (04/17/2014)
- Would You Wear a Sweater Made From Milk? - The increase in rural tourism during the interwar period made it more difficult for dairy plants to hide the deleterious effects of dairy manufacturing ... products quickly became essential to the lend-lease and war relief programs. Whereas evaporated ... (02/02/2014)
- Chemical release reported in Adrian - ADRIAN -- Police and fire investigators in Adrian today are investigating a chemical release at a dairy manufacturing business ... Maumee, which manufactures dry condensed evaporated dairy products. According to police, the chemail release is being caused ... (02/15/2013)
- Nigeria: The Nation Spends N3.9 Billion Annually On Dairy Importation - ... N3.9 billion annually on importation of 95 percent dairy in the country in the form of powdered, evaporated, canned, sweetened, condensed milk and other dairy products. The director-general of Raw Material Research and Development Council (RMRDC), Prof. (11/01/2011)
- Continental Dairy in Coopersville hosting fair to fill 47 jobs - Continental Dairy in Coopersville will ... The Continental Dairy Products plant is expected to begin production in the spring of 2012 and produce nonfat dry milk, condensed milk, and cream for the food manufacturing industry. Company officials did not ... (10/27/2011)
- Research and Markets: Dairy in Egypt - DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/afc13d/dairy_in_egypt ... is set to change. Product coverage: Chilled and Shelf Stable Desserts, Chilled Snacks, Coffee Whiteners, Condensed/Evaporated Milk, Cream ... (03/31/2011)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $18,717,099 on Dry, Condensed & Evaporated Dairy Product Manufacturing. It has awarded 43 contracts to 13 companies, with an average value of $1,439,777 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Evaporated milk manufacturing, Eggnog, canned, nonalcoholic, manufacturing, Infant's formulas manufacturing, Milkshake mixes manufacturing, Dehydrated milk manufacturing, Whipped topping, dry mix, Milk, malted, concentrated, condensed, dried, evaporated, and powdered, ultra-high temperature, Dry milk products and mixture manufacturing, Dairy food canning, UHT (ultra high temperature) milk manufacturing, Yogurt mix manufacturing, powdered, Cream, dried and powdered, Casein, dry and wet, Condensed milk manufacturing, Dry milk manufacturing, Powdered milk manufacturing, Malted milk manufacturing, Milk based drinks, dietary, Baby formula, fresh, processed, and bottled, Lactose manufacturing, Ice cream mix manufacturing, Dry milk products for animal feed manufacturing, Dietary drinks, dairy and nondairy based, Whey, Nonfat dry milk manufacturing, Mix, ice cream, Ice milk mix manufacturing, Nondairy creamers, dry, Beverages, Condensed, evaporated or powdered whey, Feed grade dry milk products manufacturing, etc.