|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Fluid Milk Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Fluid Milk Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Fluid Milk Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Fluid Milk Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Fruit And Vegetable Canning
Fluid Milk Manufacturing
Fluid Milk And Cream, Bulk Sales
Fluid Milk And Related Products, Packaged (Including Cartons, Bottles, Cans, And Dispenser Cans), Excluding Ultra High Temperatu
Cottage Cheese (Including Bakers', Pot, And Farmers' Cheese)
Yogurt, Excluding Frozen
Perishable Dairy Product Substitutes
Other Packaged Milk Products
Fluid Milk Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Creamery Butter Manufacturing
Process Cheese And Related Products
Dry, Condensed, And Evaporated Dairy Product Manufacturing
Milk Products, Shipped In Consumer-Type Cans, Excluding Substitutes
Ice Cream Mixes And Related Products
Dairy Product Substitutes
Ice Cream And Frozen Desserts
Ice Cream And Frozen Dessert Manufacturing
Soft Drink Manufacturing
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Fluid Milk Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Fluid Milk Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Fluid Milk Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Fluid Milk Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Fluid Milk Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||8%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Food Processing Workers||15%|
|Miscellaneous Food Processing Workers||15%|
|Other Production Occupations||27%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||13%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||13%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||20%|
|Motor Vehicle Operators||6%|
|Driver/Sales Workers and Truck Drivers||6%|
|Material Moving Workers||13%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||9%|
Fluid Milk Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Arla Foods A.m.b.a|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Dean Foods (DF) Recovers on Strategic Actions: Time to Hold? - However, we cannot fully ignore the dismal top-line trends, which have been a major setback for the company as soft volumes, higher raw milk costs, and loss of share in U.S. fluid milk volumes ... of Friendly’s Ice Cream manufacturing and retail ... (01/08/2018)
- Organic Milk Woes, Factory Farms Drowning Small Dairies - “It’s reached a market saturation,” said Evan Rainwater, senior vice president for manufacturing at supermarket ... and improve in 2019. Organic milk had been a bright spot for the beleaguered dairy industry. Fluid milk consumption has been declining ... (01/04/2018)
- Added investment in Pennsylvania’s dairy processing sector could generate $36m per year, new study shows - Pennsylvania exported nearly 2.5m lbs of milk in 2016 that went into manufacturing finished dairy products in ... north are really being pulled more in the direction of serving the fluid milk industry,” Novakovi? said. “Pennsylvania is sitting ... (01/04/2018)
- Dairies Are Awash With Organic Milk -- WSJ - "It's reached a market saturation," said Evan Rainwater, senior vice president for manufacturing at supermarket ... year and improve in 2019. Organic milk had been a bright spot for the beleaguered dairy industry. Fluid milk consumption has been declining ... (01/03/2018)
- Non-dairy alternatives dry demand for organic milk - “It’s reached a market saturation,” said Evan Rainwater, senior vice-president for manufacturing at supermarket ... and improve in 2019. Organic milk had been a bright spot for the beleaguered dairy industry. Fluid milk consumption has been declining ... (01/03/2018)
- Dairies Are Awash in Organic Milk as Consumers Jump to Alternatives - “It’s reached a market saturation,” said Evan Rainwater, senior vice president for manufacturing at supermarket ... and improve in 2019. Organic milk had been a bright spot for the beleaguered dairy industry. Fluid milk consumption has been declining ... (01/02/2018)
- Milk Powder Market Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2017-2022 - Thus, ever since its discovery, milk powder manufacturing has slowly advanced to a ... https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4715171/ IMARC's latest study "Milk Powder Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2017-2022 ... (03/07/2017)
- Friendly's sale: What is Dean Foods and what does it want with the Western Mass ice cream brand? - WILBRAHAM -- Dean Foods Co., new owners of Friendly's ice cream manufacturing ... Foods is a giant in the milk business, ice cream makes up only about 4 percent of its sales. Seventy precent of the company's business is fluid milk and the rest is cheese ... (05/11/2016)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $14,595,286 on Fluid Milk Manufacturing. It has awarded 1,800 contracts to 79 companies, with an average value of $184,750 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Acidophilus milk manufacturing, Nondairy creamers, liquid, manufacturing, Drink, chocolate milk, Yogurt (except frozen) manufacturing, Sour cream substitutes manufacturing, Flavored milk drinks manufacturing, Milk pasteurizing, Milk processing (e.g., bottling, homogenizing, pasteurizing, vitaminizing) manufacturing, Homogenizing milk, Milk, acidophilus, Milk drink, chocolate, Eggnog, nonalcoholic (except canned), Cream manufacturing, Dips, sour cream based, Cheese, cottage, Whipping cream manufacturing, Fluid milk substitutes processing, Whipped topping (except dry mix, frozen) manufacturing, Milk substitutes manufacturing, Cottage cheese manufacturing, Sour cream manufacturing, Chocolate drink (milk based) manufacturing, fresh, nonalcoholic, Pasteurizing milk, Beverages, milk based (except dietary), fluid (except canned), Milk based drinks (except dietary) manufacturing, Chocolate milk manufacturing, Buttermilk manufacturing, etc.