|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Drafting Services
Overview: the U.S. Drafting Services Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Drafting Services:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Drafting Services industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Mechanical Drafting Services
Machine Drafting Services
Mechanical Systems Drafting Services
Industrial Machinery And Equipment Layout Drafting Services
Process Piping Systems Drafting Services
Electrical And Electronic Systems And Components Drafting Services
Site Drafting Services For Civil Engineering Projects
Structural Components Of Buildings Drafting Services
Steel Detailing Drafting Services
Other Engineering Drafting Services
Architectural Drafting Services
Drafting Of As-Built Drawings
Drafting Consulting Services
Other Drafting Services
All Other Receipts
All Other Operating Receipts
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Drafting Services company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Drafting Services industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Drafting Services measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||6%|
|Computer and Mathematical Occupations||5%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||50%|
|Architects, Surveyors, and Cartographers||9%|
|Architects, Except Naval||6%|
|Architects, Except Landscape and Naval||6%|
|Drafters, Engineering Technicians, and Mapping Technicians||16%|
|Architectural and Civil Drafters||5%|
|Engineering Technicians, Except Drafters||6%|
|Life, Physical, and Social Science Occupations||6%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||11%|
Drafting Services Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Catt Lyon Design||3|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Lack of interagency agreements could stall EIS, report says - had provided $9 million in transition supports services for its Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions (EIS) contract without drafting interagency agreements to provide oversight for how the services are administered. “In the absence of these agreements ... (01/16/2018)
- Architectural Services Market Size Worth $391.97 Billion by 2025: Grand View Research, Inc. - the architectural services will witness a spur in the demand for highly technical design development along with accurate drafting services. This would initiate the demand for contractual service offerings. These contractual services will combat the ... (01/16/2018)
- Future outlook of financial services application market forecasts by 2023 explored in latest research - Apart from automating the functions, global financial services applications also help in automating the analysis of large chunks of quantified data. This analysis helps in drafting organizational strategies and strategic decision making. Thus, making ... (01/16/2018)
- Cost Model Analysis for a Renowned Insurance Provider – A Case Study on Drafting a Cost-Model to Identify the Cost Elements for the Services Rendered - LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--SpendEdge, a global procurement intelligence advisory firm, has announced the release of their new ’cost model analysis on the insurance industry’. A prominent insurance services provider with business operations spread across ... (01/15/2018)
- Eye on Boise: After legislative drafting error, governor declined to transfer $27.5 million to road projects - Due to a drafting error in the bill ... “You have got to stop the individuals that are trying to procure these services,” Crane said, noting that a national organization that opposes human trafficking has given Idaho’s current laws on the topic ... (01/14/2018)
- GOP legislators drafting bill to expand Medicaid, with limitations - However, Edwards said "a lot of policymakers were very heartened" by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Administrator Seema Verma's visit to Utah in November. "At the time we had some very positive discussions about the kind of flexibility that we ... (01/13/2018)
- Drafting procurement documentation and non- compliant tenders - The judgment is a useful reminder of the importance of careful consideration and drafting of tender documentation. In 2015, the MoD published an OJEU Contract Notice for a new contract for global port, maritime and logistical support services for the Royal ... (01/11/2018)
- Subtel drafting measures to simplify changing ISP - Industry watchdog the Department of Telecommunications (Subsecretaria de Telecomunicaciones, Subtel) is drafting regulations to allow customers ... by many companies for cancelling broadband or TV services were deemed prohibitive, in some cases requiring ... (01/09/2018)
- FAA Releases Drone Identification and Tracking Report that the FAA Will Consider in Drafting its Final Rule on In-Flight Drone Accountability - network publishing (transmitting data to an internet service or group of services). Both methods would send the data to an FAA-approved internet-based database. The data collected must include a unique identifier for unmanned aircraft, tracking ... (01/08/2018)
- Stock agent killed by cow while drafting cattle on farm - WorkSafe said the man, aged in his late 50s, was drafting cattle in stockyards on the Georges Creek ... A man has died after being struck by a cow near Albury-Wodonga. (9NEWS) Emergency services at the scene today. (9NEWS) Today’s fatality is the second ... (01/04/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $1,443,581 on Drafting Services. It has awarded 39 contracts to 18 companies, with an average value of $80,199 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Draftsmen's offices, Drafting services, Blueprint drafting services, etc.