|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Engineered Wood Member Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Engineered Wood Member Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Engineered Wood Member Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Engineered Wood Member Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Engineered Wood Member (Except Truss) Manufacturing
Engineered Wood Members (Excluding Trusses)
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Engineered Wood Member Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Engineered Wood Member Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Engineered Wood Member Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Engineered Wood Member Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Engineered Wood Member Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||6%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||18%|
|Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Wood||6%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing||12%|
|Other Production Occupations||15%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||9%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||17%|
|Material Moving Workers||13%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||8%|
Engineered Wood Member Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|International Forest Products|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Chaney opens BuilderUp - a building supplies & services division - Materials and services available at the new BuilderUp include custom truss manufacturing and steel fabrication (I-beams, lolly columns, wrought iron rails and welding services), crane services, engineered wood products ... every member of the Chaney ... (01/08/2018)
- New ways with wood open up building opportunities - “We have a tremendous amount of resources here,” said Jon Fosgitt, a member of the Forest Stewards Guild in ... “MSU has been considering using CLT and other engineered wood products for the new building that is planned,” Richard Kobe, the chair ... (01/05/2018)
- Engineered Floors growth, Varnell drama among top stories in Dalton area in 2017 - It plans to open a 520,000-square-foot carpet tile manufacturing facility in south Whitfield County ... Beaulieu was privately owned and manufactures and distributes carpet, engineered hardwood and laminate and luxury vinyl tile (LVT) flooring. (01/01/2018)
- ITC Issues Affirmative Final Ruling, Signaling High Tariffs on Dumped and Subsidized Chinese Hardwood Plywood Imports - "This vote reflects years of hard work and commitment from coalition members, congressional allies ... trade practices and will support American manufacturing and workers," said Kip Howlett, president of the Hardwood Plywood Veneer Association. (12/01/2017)
- Hardwood lumber one-day workshop coming to Jasper - JASPER — The Purdue University Department of Forestry and Natural Resources is offering a workshop for those interested in the hardwood industry and wanting to learn about lumber grades, markets, and prices. "Hardwood Lumber Grading, Manufacturing and ... (09/11/2015)
- US hardwood exporters branch out in Chinese furniture, building sector - More than 70 member companies of the American Hardwood Export Council have established branches and distribution facilities in Harbin, the capital of Heilongjiang province. Harbin's periphery has developed wood processing and manufacturing plants ... (06/21/2013)
- Ohio Hardwood market draws 800 buyers - WALNUT CREEK, Ohio — Close to 800 retail buyers from 31 states and Canada shopped the Ohio Hardwood Furniture Market ... a marketing plan to create retail awareness of members' product offerings and manufacturing capabilities. "It's not that mainstream ... (03/29/2010)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $1,629,403 on Engineered Wood Member Manufacturing. It has awarded 43 contracts to 17 companies, with an average value of $95,847 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
I-joists, wood, fabricating, LVL (laminated veneer lumber) manufacturing, Fabricated structural wood members (except trusses) manufacturing, Timbers, structural, glue laminated or pre-engineered wood, manufacturing, Lumber, parallel strand, Arches, Structural members, Laminated structural wood members (except trusses) manufacturing, Finger joint lumber manufacturing, Wood I-joists manufacturing, Laminated veneer lumber (LVL) manufacturing, Parallel strand lumber manufacturing, Structural wood members (except trusses), fabricated, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.