|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Reconstituted Wood Product Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Reconstituted Wood Product Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Reconstituted Wood Product Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Reconstituted Wood Product Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Reconstituted Wood Product Manufacturing
Particleboard Made From Particleboard Produced At The Same Location
Waferboard And Oriented Strandboard
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Reconstituted Wood Product Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Reconstituted Wood Product Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Reconstituted Wood Product Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Reconstituted Wood Product Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Reconstituted Wood Product Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||6%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||18%|
|Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Wood||6%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing||12%|
|Other Production Occupations||15%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||9%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||17%|
|Material Moving Workers||13%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||8%|
Reconstituted Wood Product Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Misleading furniture labels: How to tell whether you have the real deal - The old FTC guideline said manufacturers should not use wood names on their labels unless the piece was ... s been a backlash against polyurethane foam because it’s a petroleum product. Enter “soy foam.” It’s a feel-good label that eco-conscious ... (01/09/2018)
- The hidden businesses that power the Bangor region’s economy - Many employees had worked for the company for decades and held the knowledge essential for manufacturing the ... technology to do more than dry wood, which meant it could expand its customer base. Today, the company’s products also include systems ... (08/29/2017)
- Global Manufactured Wood Materials Market Briefing 2017 - Research and Markets - Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Manufactured Wood Materials Market Global Briefing ... and Engineered Wood Product establishments manufacture veneer, plywood, engineered wood members and reconstituted wood products. (01/31/2017)
- Research and Markets: Reconstituted Wood Product Manufacturing Industry in the US and its International Trade [2011 Q3 Edition] - Industry's Revenue for the Year 2010 Was ... - LLC's new report "Reconstituted Wood Product Manufacturing Industry in the US and its International Trade [2011 Q3 Edition]" to their offering. This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing reconstituted wood sheets and boards. (08/25/2011)
- How Green Is Recycled Plastic Lumber? - Though it looks and feels like hardwood, that picnic table you're sitting on is really about 2,000 reconstituted ... of plastic and plastic wood composites is much higher than that used for manufacturing solid wood products," Dr. Brian Bond, a professor ... (01/08/2009)
- To change the world, change your thinking - It says nothing about the product's origins or manufacturing process ... for sawed lumber represent a more efficient use of trees and the wood fiber they yield, but most are reconstituted with petroleum-based plastic resins that aren't biodegradable ... (02/25/2007)
- Fletcher Wood Panels Opens Laminating Plant - is one of New Zealand’s largest manufacturers of reconstituted wood-based panel products. These products are supplied to the building, construction, furniture and joinery industries. FWP has 6 manufacturing sites throughout New Zealand with the largest l ... (11/10/2000)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $128,107 on Reconstituted Wood Product Manufacturing. It has awarded 15 contracts to 8 companies, with an average value of $16,013 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Board, particle, manufacturing, Medium density fiberboard (MDF) manufacturing, Strandboard, oriented, Reconstituted wood sheets and boards manufacturing, Waferboard manufacturing, Reconstituted wood panels manufacturing, Chipboard (I.e., particle core, wood chip face), Densified wood manufacturing, Lath, fiber, Fiberboard manufacturing, Oriented strandboard (OSB) manufacturing, Hardboard manufacturing, MDF (medium density fiberboard) manufacturing, Particleboard manufacturing, Insulation board, cellular fiber, OSB (oriented strandboard) manufacturing, bagasse, Compression modified wood manufacturing, Flakeboard manufacturing, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.