Hardwood Veneer & Plywood Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Hardwood Veneer & Plywood Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Hardwood Veneer & Plywood Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Hardwood Veneer & Plywood Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Hardwood Veneer & Plywood Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Hardwood Veneer And Plywood Manufacturing
Hardwood Veneer, Including Veneer Backed With Paper, Cloth, Or Other Flexible Material
Hardwood Veneer And Plywood Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Softwood Veneer And Plywood Manufacturing
Other Secondary Products
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Hardwood Veneer & Plywood Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Hardwood Veneer & Plywood Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Hardwood Veneer & Plywood Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Hardwood Veneer & Plywood Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Hardwood Veneer & Plywood Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||6%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||18%|
|Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Wood||6%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing||12%|
|Other Production Occupations||15%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||9%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||17%|
|Material Moving Workers||13%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||8%|
Hardwood Veneer & Plywood Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Sylvan Forest Products|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Questions Remain Despite Fewer Oregon Workplace Fatalities - The mill, one of two Columbia Forest Products locations in Oregon, specializes in hardwood plywood manufacturing. In a statement ... the largest manufacturer of hardwood plywood and hardwood veneer products in North America. The Klamath Falls plant ... (12/29/2017)
- U.S. ITC finds material injury in hardwood plywood case - “This decision demonstrates that the U.S. Government will not tolerate unfair trade practices and will support American manufacturing and workers,” said Kip Howlett, president of the Hardwood Plywood Veneer Association. “This puts American interests ... (12/04/2017)
- ITC Issues Affirmative Final Ruling, Signaling High Tariffs on Dumped and Subsidized Chinese Hardwood Plywood Imports - "Today's decision demonstrates that the U.S. Government will not tolerate unfair trade practices and will support American manufacturing and workers," said Kip Howlett, president of the Hardwood Plywood Veneer Association. "This puts American interests ... (12/01/2017)
- Whitehall vs. China - WHITEHALL -- John Olsoni, a manager at Commonwealth Plywood, acknowledges most people probably don’t look at a sheet of plywood and wonder whether it was made in China or the ... jobs at domestic hardwood, plywood and veneer plants. (10/09/2013)
- Research and Markets: Hardwood Veneer and Plywood Manufacturing Industry in the US and its International Trade – The Updated 2011 Q3 Edition - LLC's new report "Hardwood Veneer and Plywood Manufacturing Industry in the US and its International Trade [2011 Q3 Edition]" to their offering. This 2011 publication of Hardwood Veneer and Plywood Manufacturing Industry report is the comprehensive market ... (08/18/2011)
- Research and Markets: Hardwood Veneer and Plywood Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2010 Year-End Edition] - ... and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/e64269/hardwood_veneer_an) has announced the addition of Supplier Relations US, LLC's new report "Hardwood Veneer and Plywood Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2010 ... (01/06/2011)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $3,214,364 on Hardwood Veneer & Plywood Manufacturing. It has awarded 165 contracts to 25 companies, with an average value of $128,575 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Hardwood veneer or plywood manufacturing, Panels, hardwood plywood, manufacturing, Plywood, hardwood faced, Veneer mills, hardwood, Prefinished hardwood plywood manufacturing, Hardwood plywood composites manufacturing, faced with nonwood materials, etc.