|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Softwood Veneer & Plywood Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Softwood Veneer & Plywood Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Softwood Veneer & Plywood Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Softwood Veneer & Plywood Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Softwood Veneer And Plywood Manufacturing
Softwood Veneer, Including Veneer Backed With Paper, Cloth, Or Other Flexible Material
Softwood Plywood Products: Rough, Sanded, And Specialties
Softwood Veneer And Plywood Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Miscellaneous Receipts, Including Receipts For Repair Work, Sales Of Scrap And Refuse.
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Softwood Veneer & Plywood Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Softwood Veneer & Plywood Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Softwood Veneer & Plywood Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Softwood Veneer & Plywood Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Softwood Veneer & Plywood Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||6%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||18%|
|Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Wood||6%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing||12%|
|Other Production Occupations||15%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||9%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||17%|
|Material Moving Workers||13%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||8%|
Softwood Veneer & Plywood Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Roseburg names business manager for plywood and lumber - softwood plywood, and hardwood plywood. Odom has had experience at BlueLinx Corporation where he served as vice president of national business development, and at Georgia-Pacific. At both companies, Odom managed sales, distribution, manufacturing ... (01/04/2018)
- The goodness of wood - Block boards are lighter than plywood as soft wood blocks are used in the core normally. Sometimes two sheets of veneer are fixed on each face ... granules and splinters can also be put to use while manufacturing MDF. Any wood species can be used and ... (12/09/2017)
- Plywood inventor Thomas Autzen's Dutch Colonial for sale (photos) - Autzen was Portland Manufacturing Co.'s first plywood ... veneer at the 1905 Lewis and Clark Centennial Exposition. The panels were mass produced using a glue spreader the teenage Autzen and the mill's superintendent conceived that allowed plys of softwood ... (09/26/2017)
- Plywood: The underrated material that shaped our modern world - especially in furniture manufacturing. But with plywood's "Because it became cheaper to make because of the rotary veneer cutter -- a lathe that essentially peels away timber in rings -- it started to be used on cheap furniture," says Wilk. "(The wood ... (07/14/2017)
- Global Plywood Market Report - Share, Size, Trends, Growth and Forecast 2017-2025 - According to market research conducted by IndexBox, in 2015, softwood plywood represented a major share of global plywood manufacturing (63%), leaving room for the production of hardwood plywood (37%) in physical terms. In China, softwood plywood was even ... (04/27/2017)
- US Softwood Veneer And Plywood Market 2016 - Analysis And Forecast to 2020 - Research and Markets - has announced the addition of the "U.S. Softwood Veneer And Plywood Market - Analysis And Forecast to 2020" report to their offering. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the U.S. Softwood Veneer And Plywood market. It presents the latest data of ... (01/20/2016)
- Timber Products plant in Medford takes on major upgrade - Amid rising foreign competition and diminishing returns from aging equipment, Timber Products ... hardwood veneer used in cabinets and other surfaces is shipped by rail and truck from mills in Michigan, eastern parts of Canada and the U.S. Softwood pine ... (11/13/2015)
- Plywood Has Changed Design And Structure Of Homes Extremely - it has changed little. But its use in home building has changed the design and structure of homes radically. Here's a review to help you understand the types and applications of plywoods that are available. SOFTWOOD-VENEER PLYWOOD Softwood-veneer plywood ... (05/10/1998)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $208,315 on Softwood Veneer & Plywood Manufacturing. It has awarded 42 contracts to 5 companies, with an average value of $41,663 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Prefinished softwood plywood manufacturing, Plywood, softwood faced, manufacturing, Softwood veneer or plywood manufacturing, Softwood plywood composites manufacturing, softwood, Panels, softwood plywood, Veneer mills, faced with nonwood materials, etc.