Fluid Power Cylinder & Actuator Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Fluid Power Cylinder & Actuator Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Fluid Power Cylinder & Actuator Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Fluid Power Cylinder & Actuator Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Fluid Power Cylinder & Actuator Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Fluid Power Valve And Hose Fitting Manufacturing
Aerospace-Type Hydraulic Fluid Power Valves
Nonaerospace-Type Hydraulic Directional Control Valves
Fluid Power Cylinder And Actuator Manufacturing
Nonaerospace-Type Hydraulic Fluid Power Cylinders And Actuators, Linear And Rotary
Nonaerospace-Type Pneumatic Fluid Power Cylinders And Actuators, Linear And Rotary
Parts For Aerospace- And Nonaerospace-Type Hydraulic And Pneumatic Fluid Power Cylinders And Actuators, Including Accumulators,
Aerospace-Type Fluid Power Cylinders And Actuators, Hydraulic And Pneumatic
Fluid Power Cylinder And Actuator Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Fluid Power Pump And Motor Manufacturing
Nonaerospace-Type Rotary And Other Fluid Power Pumps
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Fluid Power Cylinder & Actuator Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Fluid Power Cylinder & Actuator Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Fluid Power Cylinder & Actuator Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Fluid Power Cylinder & Actuator Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Fluid Power Cylinder & Actuator Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||10%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||12%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||18%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||23%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Workers||7%|
|Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||5%|
Fluid Power Cylinder & Actuator Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Detroit area hospitals’ IV bags drying up in flu season - Scramble for alternatives In Puerto Rico, generators quickly restored power to Baxter’s manufacturing facilities ... Beaumont also resumed using buretrols, hard plastic cylinders that contain a reservoir that pharmacists can fill with carefully measured ... (01/13/2018)
- The Kawasaki Z900RS Is Modern Performance and Tech, With Retro Styling—and Just Enough of Everything - The rumblings of 40 cylinders rattles through my feet and into my stomach ... When gas was cheap, the sun always shone, manufacturers built every flavor of bike, and every neighbor, son, daughter, dad or brother owned one. According to the Bureau of ... (01/13/2018)
- A Clever New Robotic 'Muscle' Seriously Lifts, Bro - But in general, the actuator makes use of a pouch filled with oil—surrounded on either side with electrodes. Apply voltage to these and it creates an electric field. “We're just using these electrostatic forces to displace the fluid, to bring these ... (01/04/2018)
- Cylinder Return Double Valves feature pneumatic controls. - Cylinder Return ... a global leader in fluid power safety solutions and poppet valve technology. ROSS® provides standard products and customized ROSS/FLEX® solutions for machinery and automation. Selling to original equipment manufacturers and end ... (12/22/2017)
- United States Fluid Power Cylinder And Actuator Market 2017 - Analysis And Forecast to 2020 - Research and Markets - Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "U.S. Fluid Power Cylinder And Actuator Market - Analysis And Forecast to 2020" report to their offering. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the U.S. fluid power cylinder and actuator market. (02/01/2017)
- Students meet engineering challenges at third annual MCC Fluid Power Challenge - Macomb Community College, in partnership with Master Pneumatics Inc., will present the third annual Fluid Power Challenge ... rotating and placing weighted cylinders on a platform. The students will be judged on how well their machines operate, how ... (01/17/2017)
- Ortman Fluid Power finds new site for factory in Quincy - QUINCY --Ortman Fluid Power is moving to the Quincy ... factory and consolidate its compressor manufacturing operations to a factory it operates in Bay Minette, Ga. Ortman Fluid manufactures hydraulic cylinders, pneumatic cylinders and related devices. (02/11/2015)
- Three Cylinders Is The New Four Cylinders - For now, the three-cylinder is being developed primarily for their new CMA (compact) architecture that they'll share with parent company Geely, but it will also power ... While most manufacturers (including Ford and GM) use one liter three-cylinders ... (12/11/2014)
- Research and Markets: Latest Report on the Fluid Power Cylinder and Actuator Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade - LLC's new report "Fluid Power Cylinder and Actuator Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [Q2 2009 Edition]" to their offering. The Fluid Power Cylinder and Actuator Manufacturing Industry report is the most comprehensive market ... (08/19/2009)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $5,272,745 on Fluid Power Cylinder & Actuator Manufacturing. It has awarded 112 contracts to 78 companies, with an average value of $67,599 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Cylinders, fluid power, manufacturing, Fluid power cylinders manufacturing, Hydraulic cylinders, Fluid power actuators manufacturing, Actuators, Pneumatic cylinders, etc.