|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Welding & Soldering Equipment Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Welding & Soldering Equipment Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Welding & Soldering Equipment Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Welding & Soldering Equipment Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Welding And Soldering Equipment Manufacturing
Gas Welding And Cutting Equipment, Parts, Attachments, And Accessories
Other Welding Equipment, Components, And Accessories (Excluding Arc, Resistance, And Gas Welding Equipment)
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Welding & Soldering Equipment Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Welding & Soldering Equipment Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Welding & Soldering Equipment Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Welding & Soldering Equipment Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Welding & Soldering Equipment Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||10%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||12%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||18%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||23%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Workers||7%|
|Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||5%|
Welding & Soldering Equipment Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Plasma Powders & Systems|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Global Laser Diode Market Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2017-2022 - Low power requirements, and small size and weight make laser diodes highly efficient in nature and suitable for portable electronic equipment ... are used in industrial applications such as welding, soldering, cladding, micromachining and surface hardening. (01/10/2018)
- Houston Jobs: 95 Welding Jobs Open In Houston - manufacturing, or other related fields * Familiarity with welding tools and procedures * Familiarity with engineering blueprints and schematics * Ability to handle ... This position is responsible for operating welding equipment to build high quality parts ... (01/09/2018)
- New report shares details about the global solid state welding equipment industry - Global Solid State Welding Equipment Industry 2018 Market Research Report provides the details about Industry Overview, Manufacturing Cost Structure, Capacity, Growth Rate, Gross Margin, Major Manufacturers, Development Trends and Forecast Analysis The ... (01/09/2018)
- Welding Accessories - Miller Electric Manufacturing Co. offers Arc Armor Accessories ... Co. is a leading worldwide manufacturer of Miller brand arc welding equipment and related systems for metalworking, construction, maintenance and other applications. For more information ... (12/24/2017)
- Welding Equipment and Supplies: The Global Market - Analyze the market dynamics of various types of welding equipment and consumables ... hammers, marking equipment, welding screens and special fluxes. The value of shipments at the manufacturing level fluctuates with the volume of metals consumed in ... (03/13/2017)
- Manufacturing boom drives welding equipment demand - The growth in the regional manufacturing and industrial sector is driving up demand for welding and cutting equipment in the UAE and across the Arab world, according to experts. The contribution of the industrial sector in GCC countries’ GDP ranged ... (12/24/2014)
- Research and Markets: Welding and Soldering Equipment Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2012 Q3 Edition] - LLC's new report "Welding and Soldering Equipment Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2012 Q3 Edition]" to their offering. The Welding and Soldering Equipment Manufacturing Industry report contains the most recent data and ... (09/25/2012)
- Students to compete for welding honors. - The AWS U.S. Open Weld Trials winner will receive a four-year scholarship sponsored by The Miller Electric Manufacturing Co. worth $40,000 ... tube and pipe, and welding equipment and technology. The event is expected to bring in an estimated 20,000 ... (07/02/2008)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $23,704,730 on Welding & Soldering Equipment Manufacturing. It has awarded 495 contracts to 167 companies, with an average value of $141,944 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Laser welding equipment manufacturing, Ultrasonic welding equipment manufacturing, Gas welding equipment manufacturing, Seam welding equipment manufacturing, Welding wire or rods (i.e., coated, cored) manufacturing, Electrode holders, welding, manufacturing, Arc welding equipment manufacturing, Resistance welding equipment manufacturing, Electrodes, Gas welding rods, coated or cored, Soldering equipment (except hand held) manufacturing, Plasma welding equipment manufacturing, Electron beam welding equipment manufacturing, Generating apparatus and parts, electrical, Spot welding equipment manufacturing, Welding equipment manufacturing, etc.