Instant Download - Available immediately
Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Packaging Machinery Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Packaging Machinery Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Packaging Machinery Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Packaging Machinery Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Receipts For Machine Shop Job Work And Job Order Repairs
Packaging Machinery Manufacturing
Packing, Packaging, And Bottling Machinery, Excluding Parts
Parts For Packing, Packaging, And Bottling Machinery
Packaging Machinery Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
Miscellaneous Receipts, Including Receipts For Repair Work, Sales Of Scrap And Refuse.
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Packaging Machinery Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Packaging Machinery Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Packaging Machinery Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Packaging Machinery Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Packaging Machinery Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||10%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||12%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||18%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||23%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Workers||7%|
|Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||5%|
Packaging Machinery Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Global carton folder gluer machine sales market forecast to 2025 published by leading research firm - As this will help manufacturers and investors alike ... Bw Papersystems, Wenzhou Gaotian Packaging Machinery Co.,Ltd, Gietz Ag, Masterwork Machinery, Shanghai Eternal Machinery, Sipack, Lamina System Ab, Wenzhou Youtian Packing Machinery, Yawa, Wenzhou ... (01/11/2018)
- 'Machinery Expo Kerala 2018’ from Jan 12-15 - CNS machines and systems and advanced processing and packaging machinery. Machinery manufacturers and suppliers in various sectors are participating in the expo, which will be a one-stop shop to display the latest manufacturing solutions, as well as ... (01/10/2018)
- Worlds Largest Manufacturers Share How Automation Has Transformed Their Operations - Attending the conference, at the Chicago Marriott O’Hare, will be professionals from process and discrete manufacturing companies, system integrators, machine builders and ... that produces information for packaging, processing and automation ... (01/10/2018)
- Chocolate factory overcomes costly machinery downtime by replacing metal parts with 3D-printed composite components - “It is crucial that the packaging machine is always operational, especially during hectic periods such as Christmas,” explains Carl van de Rijzen, Business Owner at Visual First. “With Stratasys additive manufacturing, we can produce customized ... (01/10/2018)
- Adaptive Design Offer New Concept for Packaging OEMs - New concepts in packaging machinery design and development ... “This is a powerful capability for a machine builder to bring to manufacturers operating in a marketplace increasingly dominated by ‘digital native’ consumers expecting to buy exactly ... (01/09/2018)
- Chocolate Factory Overcomes Costly Machinery Downtime by Replacing Metal Parts with Stratasys High-Performance Composite 3D Printing Material - “It is crucial that the packaging machine is always operational, especially during hectic periods such as Christmas,” explains Carl van de Rijzen, Business Owner at Visual First. “With Stratasys additive manufacturing, we can produce customized ... (01/09/2018)
- Pulp Moulding Machines Market Dynamics, Forecast, Analysis and Supply Demand 2017-2027 - ... packaging and food service industry items are commonly manufactured using paper pulp moulding machines. Paper pulp is being used by packaging manufacturers as a substitute for single serve packaging such as on the go meals and other foodservice ... (01/05/2018)
- Global Modified Atmosphere Packaging (MAP) Machines Market by Manufacturers, Types, Regions and Application Research Report Forecast to 2022 - (EMAILWIRE.COM, December 30, 2017 ) The Global Modified Atmosphere Packaging (MAP) Machines Industry 2017 Market Research Report is a professional and in-depth study on the current state of the Modified Atmosphere Packaging (MAP) Machines industry. (12/30/2017)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $4,579,581 on Packaging Machinery Manufacturing. It has awarded 291 contracts to 59 companies, with an average value of $77,620 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Bag opening, filling, and closing machines manufacturing, Bottling machinery (e.g., capping, labeling, sterilizing, washing) manufacturing, Carton filling machinery manufacturing, Bottle washers, packaging machinery, manufacturing, Thermoform, blister, and skin packaging machinery manufacturing, Coding, dating, and imprinting packaging machinery manufacturing, Food packaging machinery manufacturing, Testing, weighing, inspecting, packaging machinery manufacturing, Bread wrapping machines manufacturing, Canning machinery manufacturing, Labeling (i.e., packaging) machinery manufacturing, Capping, sealing, and lidding packaging machinery manufacturing, Wrapping (i.e., Packaging machinery manufacturing, etc.