Formal Wear & Costume Rental Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Formal Wear & Costume Rental
Overview: the U.S. Formal Wear & Costume Rental Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Formal Wear & Costume Rental:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Formal Wear & Costume Rental industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Rental Of Formal Wear, Costumes, And Accessories
Consumer Goods Rental And Leasing Related Services
Reselling Services For Merchandise, Retail
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Formal Wear & Costume Rental company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Formal Wear & Costume Rental industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Formal Wear & Costume Rental measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||4%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||42%|
|Supervisors of Sales Workers||6%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Sales Workers||6%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers||6%|
|Retail Sales Workers||32%|
|Counter and Rental Clerks and Parts Salespersons||23%|
|Counter and Rental Clerks||23%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||19%|
|Information and Record Clerks||7%|
|Customer Service Representatives||6%|
|Customer Service Representatives||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||20%|
|Motor Vehicle Operators||11%|
|Driver/Sales Workers and Truck Drivers||10%|
|Light Truck or Delivery Services Drivers||9%|
|Material Moving Workers||9%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||9%|
|Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand||9%|
Formal Wear & Costume Rental Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Jim's Formal Wear|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Street Style: what people wore to beat the cold at the opening weekend of the Bentway Skate Trail - A formal ribbon-cutting ceremony kicked things off on Saturday morning: Skate rentals are free at this booth ... “I’ve had this Yeti costume for about three or four years. I’m pretty active—I like kiting and paddling—and I thought, with the ... (01/09/2018)
- America’s 25 dying industries include sound studios, textiles, newspapers - 15. Formal wear and costume rental Employment change 2007-2016: -46.9% Employment total: 7,051 Wage growth 2007-2016: 38.0% Avg. annual wage: $29,437 Since the start of the 21st century, the U.S. marriage rate fell from 8.2 marriages per 1,000 Americans in ... (12/28/2017)
- America’s 25 Dying Industries - Since 2007, the number of formal wear and costume rental establishments fell from 1,937 to 1,078, a 44.3% decline. While the number of U.S. workers across all sectors rose by 4.8% over the same period, employment in formal wear and costume rental fell by ... (12/08/2017)
- How Costumes Reveal Character in Oscar Contenders ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ and ‘Mudbound’ - There were two challenges for costume designer Michael T ... some of which he’d never used before. Boyd turned to a rental house only when necessary, including formal wear for an early Memphis party scene featuring a pin stripe suit for Henry McAllan ... (11/22/2017)
- Frightful figures: StatsCan’s Halloween by the numbers - As of June 2017, there were 158 businesses in Canada devoted to formal wear and costume rentals. In 2015, some $20.1 million worth of vestments and costumes were manufactured in Canada, this figure includes religious garments, theatrical costumes and all ... (10/31/2017)
- Halloween is big business - Could it be that babies and dogs dressed as pumpkins will outnumber jack-o’-lanterns tonight? The 1,078 formal-wear and costume rental stores and their 6,611 employees probably won’t mind. Here are a few more quick facts from the Census Bureau and ... (10/30/2016)
- The rental tux is dying — and that's a fantastic thing for menswear - The truth is that a traditional rental tuxedo usually looks more like a costume than actual formal wear. Because they're tailored to fit as many people as possible, they in actuality fit no one. (06/17/2015)
- 'True Blood' costumer talks Eric and Pam's formal, flashback attire - We spoke to True Blood‘s costume designer, Audrey Fisher, about their memorable formal wear. And because we’re still obsessed ... she wore a Norma Kamali jumpsuit found at the Palace Costume rental house. “Looked high and low,” Fisher says. (07/21/2014)
- 'Roll Tide' dress designer has created formal wear for Miss Alabamas since 1989; see previous costumes (photos) - While the design won't be available for duplication, Northington said the dress itself will be available for rent in a couple of months once ... She has been designing all of Miss Alabama’s formal wear since 1989. This year, she provided Champion with ... (09/06/2013)
- America's dying industries: List of top 10 declining business revealed - The most surprising industry in the list is arguably formal wear and costume rental. By Ibis World, which conducted the researc,h explained: 'Personal disposable income levels steadily increased over the past decade, even during the recession, which pulled ... (04/04/2011)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $74,944 on Formal Wear & Costume Rental. It has awarded 4 contracts to 3 companies, with an average value of $24,981 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Graduation cap and gown rental, Bridal wear rental, Motion picture wardrobe and costume rental, Dress suit rental, Gown rental, Theatrical wardrobe and costume rental, Formal wear rental, Tuxedo rental, Costume rental, Clothing rental (except industrial launderer, linen supply), Suit rental, Wardrobe rental, Fur rental, etc.