|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Household Furniture Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Household Furniture Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Household Furniture Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Household Furniture Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Upholstered Household Furniture, Excluding Stock Line Dual-Purpose Sleep Furniture
Metal Household Furniture Manufacturing
Household Furniture (Except Wood And Metal) Manufacturing
Household Furniture (Excluding Wood And Metal), Nonupholstered
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Household Furniture Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Household Furniture Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Household Furniture Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Household Furniture Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Household Furniture Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||11%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||11%|
|Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||18%|
|Sewing Machine Operators||6%|
|Sewing Machine Operators||6%|
|Miscellaneous Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||11%|
|Cabinetmakers and Bench Carpenters||9%|
|Cabinetmakers and Bench Carpenters||9%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||8%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||9%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||10%|
Household Furniture Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Pride Health Care|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Window covering manufacturers to ban blinds with potentially hazardous cords - Child safety advocates have been pushing manufacturers to ban window blinds with cords for ... major retailers like Target and IKEA have stopped selling corded blinds. Home Depot, Lowe’s and Walmart pledged to end sales by the end of 2018, which now ... (01/12/2018)
- Furniture factors offer insight on industry challenges, opportunities - That said, factoring companies serving the home furnishings industry said many in the sector ... “There are just not enough young people who want to get into furniture manufacturing,” Donnell said. “Many of our clients are working with trade schools ... (01/11/2018)
- Transform Your Home With These Top 10 Furniture Picks From Hem - Which means, instead of pushing the margins of mass manufacturing, Hem opt for revisiting traditional craftsmanship techniques and forging collaborative working relationships with a range of the world’s best independent designers to create furniture that ... (01/11/2018)
- Misleading furniture labels: How to tell whether you have the real deal - In 2002, the FTC rescinded its specific guidelines for the household furniture industry ... Ask about a warranty. Many furniture stores and manufacturers don’t offer them, but if you are making a large purchase, perhaps they will create one just for ... (01/09/2018)
- Natuzzi and Jason Furniture (Hangzhou) Co., Ltd. ("Kuka”) Announce a Partnership to Strenghten the Natuzzi Retail Network in Greater China - By combining Natuzzi’s unparalleled position as the top brand in home furnishings with Kuka’s strong ... and one of the most important global player in the furniture industry with an extensive manufacturing footprint and a global retail network. (01/09/2018)
- 14 brands that are energising the Indian home décor segment - Godrej Interio is the only company in India to have BIFMA certification for both manufacturing process as well as products. The product categories include, home furniture and interior solutions, bedroom solutions, living room solutions, dining room ... (01/07/2018)
- How Cloth & Company Is Bringing Fast-Fashion Strategies To The Slow Furniture Market - It is the same instant manufacturing process that allows fast ... “Cloth & Company is the first brand to apply it at the furniture factory level and introduce the fast-fashion concept to home décor ,” Wecker declares. This concept is a natural ... (01/07/2018)
- CVCC registering for Furniture Academy - ... square-foot simulated furniture manufacturing environment to a renovated 38,000-square-foot facility at 973 Locust St. in Newton. Founding industry partners are Century Furniture, LEE Industries, Lexington Home Brands, Sherrill Furniture and Vanguard ... (01/05/2018)
- Residential furniture orders post 8% gain in October - HIGH POINT, N.C. - Residential furniture orders rose 8% in October compared to the year prior, according to the latest Furniture Insights survey of residential furniture manufacturers and ... are feeling better about home buying in spite of low ... (01/04/2018)
- Two furniture plants showcased in newest magazine - The magazine also has a list of all furniture manufacturers and suppliers that are in Pontotoc ... Cover Design, decorative products, Home Furnishing products, Woodworking and Crafts, bathroom products, Boutique, Wholesale products, Mattress, Fine ... (01/03/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $1,659,803 on Household Furniture Manufacturing. It has awarded 205 contracts to 38 companies, with an average value of $43,679 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Plastics (including fiberglass) furniture (except upholstered), household-type, manufacturing, Hampers, laundry, reed, wicker, rattan, Fiber furniture (except upholstered), Dining room chairs (including upholstered), plastics manufacturing, Furniture (except wood, metal, upholstered) indoor and outdoor household-type, Juvenile furniture, rattan and reed, Lawn furniture (except concrete, stone, wood) manufacturing, Malacca furniture (except upholstered), Laundry hampers, wicker or willow, Bassinets, reed and rattan, Willow furniture (except upholstered), TV stands and similar stands for consumer electronics, plastics, Camp furniture, Kitchen chairs (including upholstered), Rattan furniture, Reed furniture (except upholstered), Car seats, infant (except metal), Bookcases (except wood and metal), Chairs, cane, wood household-type, Wicker furniture (except upholstered), etc.