|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Upholstered Household Furniture Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Upholstered Household Furniture Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Upholstered Household Furniture Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Upholstered Household Furniture Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Upholstered Household Furniture Manufacturing
Upholstered Household Furniture, Excluding Stock Line Dual-Purpose Sleep Furniture
Dual-Purpose Sleep Furniture (Including Convertible Sofas, Jackknife Sofa And Chair Beds, Studio Couches, And Futons Shipped Wit
Upholstered Household Furniture Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Nonupholstered Wood Household Furniture Manufacturing
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Upholstered Household Furniture Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Upholstered Household Furniture Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Upholstered Household Furniture Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Upholstered Household Furniture Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Upholstered Household Furniture Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||11%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||11%|
|Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||18%|
|Sewing Machine Operators||6%|
|Sewing Machine Operators||6%|
|Miscellaneous Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||11%|
|Cabinetmakers and Bench Carpenters||9%|
|Cabinetmakers and Bench Carpenters||9%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||8%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||9%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||10%|
Upholstered Household Furniture Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Allan Knight & Associates|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- From bust to boom: How this growing manufacturer is reviving Kings Mountain's upholstery industry (PHOTOS) (Video) - Now Gibbons, CEO of Kings Mountain-based STI Inc., and his 650,000-square-foot upholstery plant in Cleveland County is perhaps the best local example of how the manufacturing ... to home,” where the latest demand by consumers and, therefore, by furniture ... (01/12/2018)
- Misleading furniture labels: How to tell whether you have the real deal - The old FTC guideline said manufacturers should not use ... “Bonded leather” is the scourge of the upholstered furniture industry. I foolishly purchased a bonded leather office chair for my own home several years ago. A few months later, the “leather ... (01/09/2018)
- Natuzzi and Jason Furniture (Hangzhou) Co., Ltd. ("Kuka”) Announce a Partnership to Strenghten the Natuzzi Retail Network in Greater China - By combining Natuzzi’s unparalleled position as the top brand in home furnishings with Kuka’s strong ... Now it is one of the largest upholstery furniture manufacturers and retailers in China. The company is mainly engaged in research, design ... (01/09/2018)
- Megan Streba named A.R.T. Furniture’s director of marketing - Streba joined A.R.T. in July 2016 with previous experience from furniture manufacturers in areas of marketing, design, upholstery and showroom management. (01/08/2018)
- How Cloth & Company Is Bringing Fast-Fashion Strategies To The Slow Furniture Market - The traditional upholstered furniture market has ... to print just the fabric desired onto one of 500 Skyline furniture frames and ship it out to the customer in 7 days. It is the same instant manufacturing process that allows fast-fashion brands like ... (01/07/2018)
- CVCC registering for Furniture Academy - Taught by upholstery artisans and craftsmen employed by those area industry partners, the academy expanded from a 6,000-square-foot simulated furniture manufacturing environment ... Lexington Home Brands, Sherrill Furniture and Vanguard Furniture. (01/05/2018)
- Two furniture plants showcased in newest magazine - The magazine also has a list of all furniture manufacturers and suppliers that ... Funding Solutions, Upholstery, Bedding Company, Cover Design, decorative products, Home Furnishing products, Woodworking and Crafts, bathroom products, Boutique, Wholesale ... (01/03/2018)
- Do future worker shortages cloud industry outlook? - Today as demand for domestic upholstery continues to increase, one group of manufacturers in the area — Century Furniture, Lee Inds., Lexington Home Brands, Sherrill Furniture and Vanguard Furniture — has taken a “if we build it, they will come ... (03/02/2016)
- Bassett Furniture announces new upholstery plant in Texas - During the past two years, Bassett, once battered by imports, has invested in domestic manufacturing facilities and focused on quick delivery of furniture, including custom upholstered furniture, through 92 Bassett Home Furnishings retail stores ... (10/15/2015)
- Research and Markets: Upholstered Household Furniture Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade - 2010 Year-End Edition - LLC's new report "Upholstered Household Furniture Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2010 Year-End Edition]" to their offering. This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing upholstered ... (01/06/2011)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $7,315,745 on Upholstered Household Furniture Manufacturing. It has awarded 419 contracts to 129 companies, with an average value of $56,711 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Couches, upholstered, manufacturing, Sofas, Cushion springs, assembled, Upholstered furniture, household-type, custom, Cot springs, Living room furniture, Rockers, Furniture, upholstered on frames of any material, Household-type furniture, Couch springs, Metal framed furniture, Chair and couch springs, Juvenile furniture, on frames of any material, Wood framed furniture, Chairs, upholstered household-type (except dining room, kitchen), Recliners, Convertible sofas (except futons) manufacturing, Ottomans, Sofa beds and chair beds, convertible (except futons), etc.