Nonupholstered Wood Household Furniture Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Nonupholstered Wood Household Furniture Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Nonupholstered Wood Household Furniture Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Nonupholstered Wood Household Furniture Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Nonupholstered Wood Household Furniture Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Upholstered Household Furniture Manufacturing
Upholstered Household Furniture, Excluding Stock Line Dual-Purpose Sleep Furniture
Nonupholstered Wood Household Furniture Manufacturing
Nonupholstered Wood Den, Library, Family And Living Room Furniture, Excluding Custom Sold Directly To The Customer At Retail
Nonupholstered Wood Dining Room And Kitchen Furniture (Excluding Kitchen Cabinets), Excluding Custom Sold Directly To The Custom
Nonupholstered Wood Bedroom Furniture, Excluding Custom Sold Directly To The Customer At Retail
Nonupholstered Wood Household Furniture, Other Types (Including Outdoor, Unpainted, And Ready-To-Assemble), Excluding Custom Sol
Nonupholstered Wood Household Furniture Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Nonupholstered Wood Household Furniture Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Nonupholstered Wood Household Furniture Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Nonupholstered Wood Household Furniture Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Nonupholstered Wood Household Furniture Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Nonupholstered Wood Household Furniture Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||11%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||11%|
|Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||18%|
|Sewing Machine Operators||6%|
|Sewing Machine Operators||6%|
|Miscellaneous Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||11%|
|Cabinetmakers and Bench Carpenters||9%|
|Cabinetmakers and Bench Carpenters||9%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||8%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||9%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||10%|
Nonupholstered Wood Household Furniture Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Baker Interiors Furniture|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Jaime's Local Love: The Barn Door Store - King worked in home development and flipping ... is a barn door and farmhouse style furniture and accessories manufacturing company. The Kings craft their beautiful barn doors and creations from reclaimed barn wood and other species of wood in Scottsdale. (01/10/2018)
- This tiny house hides everything in its walls - Not so for aVOID, a modern micro-home ... out in painted wood. When modules are opened or folded out, they reveal natural wood paneling underneath, creating a more homey vibe. Di Chiara worked with more than 150 different suppliers and manufacturers ... (01/10/2018)
- Misleading furniture labels: How to tell whether you have the real deal - Furniture makers and sellers are still supposed to adhere to the Federal Trade Commission Act, which bars “unfair or deceptive acts,” but that’s it. In 2002, the FTC rescinded its specific guidelines for the household ... manufacturers should not use ... (01/09/2018)
- CVCC registering for Furniture Academy - Additional supporting partners include American Home Furnishings Alliance, Atlantic Packaging, Autoquip Corporation, Bassett Furniture, CR Laine, Dimension Wood Products, DUO-Fast, Ethan Allen, Fairfield Chair, Fairgrove Furniture, Geiger International ... (01/05/2018)
- Residential furniture orders post 8% gain in October - HIGH POINT, N.C. - Residential furniture ... better about home buying in spite of low inventories and higher prices." Karen M. Koenig has more than 30 years of experience in the woodworking industry, including visits to wood products manufacturing ... (01/04/2018)
- Local woodworker deemed ‘Master’ in major show - Hedges is the owner, designer and craftsman at AedanWorks, a tenant of ACEnet’s new Wood Manufacturing ... cabinets and furniture. He has been in business since 2014, although he initially started working in the basement of his Athens home in 2005. (01/04/2018)
- Furniture Insights: Orders rebound in October - That’s according to the latest Furniture Insights Survey of residential furniture manufacturers and ... monthly magazine focusing on home furnishings retail operations. Prior to that, I spent 10 years with F/T covering wood furniture, the last five ... (01/02/2018)
- Gov. Walker: Wis. Tops Nation in Wood Furniture Manufacturing Employment - According to a press release from Governor Scott Walker's office, Wisconsin ranks in the top for wood furniture manufacturing employment. The release states while other states saw wood furniture industry employment decline, Wisconsin manufacturers ... (11/24/2014)
- This is what 3D printed wood looks like - It’s not actually a natural grain; it’s the seams from the layers of wood attached to create it. This stool was 3D printed by startup 4 AXYZ, which hopes to use its technology to offer custom, affordable furniture made out of high-quality wood. (02/25/2014)
- Research and Markets: Updated Report on the $6.5 Billion Nonupholstered Wood Household Furniture Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and Its International Trade [2010 Edition] - LLC's new report "Nonupholstered Wood Household Furniture Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2010 Edition]" to their offering. Definition & Classification This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in ... (06/21/2010)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $192,937,310 on Nonupholstered Wood Household Furniture Manufacturing. It has awarded 2,724 contracts to 158 companies, with an average value of $1,221,122 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Kitchen chairs (e.g., upholstered), wood, manufacturing, Furniture, unassembled or knock-down wood household-type, Tables, wood household-type, Dressing tables, Dining room furniture, Magazine racks, Room dividers, Chairs (except upholstered), Playpens, children's wood, outdoor wood household-type (e.g., beach, garden, lawn, porch), Wardrobes, Computer furniture, Futon frames manufacturing, Stools, wood household-type (except upholstered), Cradles, Rockers (except upholstered), Beds, wood hotel-type, Nursery furniture (except upholstered), Garden furniture, Headboards, Vanities, freestanding, Desks, Cribs (i.e., baby beds), Nonupholstered, household-type, custom wood furniture, Dressers, wood dormitory-type, TV stands and similar stands for consumer electronics, Living room furniture (except upholstered), Coffee tables, Cedar chests manufacturing, Cots, Card table sets (furniture), Dining room chairs (including upholstered), Buffets (furniture), Beds (except hospital), Serving carts, Porch furniture (except upholstered), China closets, Juvenile furniture (except upholstered), Bed frames, Cabinets, Kitchen furniture, Camp furniture, Lawn furniture, unfinished wood household-type, Knickknack shelves, Hammocks, wood framed, End tables, Water bed frames, Bookcases, not upholstered (except TV and radio housings, and sewing machine cabinets), Night stands, Household-type furniture, not upholstered (except TV and radio housings and sewing machine cabinets), Home entertainment centers, High chairs, children's, Bedroom furniture (except upholstered), etc.