Institutional Furniture Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Institutional Furniture Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Institutional Furniture Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Institutional Furniture Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Institutional Furniture Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Institutional Furniture Manufacturing
School Furniture (Excluding Library), Excluding Stone And Concrete
Public Building And Related Furniture (Excluding Bar, Bowling Center, Cafeteria, Restaurant, And School)
Public Bar, Bowling Center, Cafeteria, And Restaurant Furniture
Institutional Furniture, Other Types
Institutional Furniture Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Institutional Furniture Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Institutional Furniture Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Institutional Furniture Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Institutional Furniture Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Institutional Furniture Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||11%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||11%|
|Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||18%|
|Sewing Machine Operators||6%|
|Sewing Machine Operators||6%|
|Miscellaneous Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||11%|
|Cabinetmakers and Bench Carpenters||9%|
|Cabinetmakers and Bench Carpenters||9%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||8%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||9%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||10%|
Institutional Furniture Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- 14 brands that are energising the Indian home décor segment - Godrej Interio is the only company in India to have BIFMA certification for both manufacturing ... study furniture solutions, kitchen solutions, accessories, mattresses, customized hardwood furniture and interior solutions, and institutional furniture ... (01/07/2018)
- Global Institutional And Office Furniture Manufacturing Market Briefing 2017 - Research and Markets - Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Institutional And Office Furniture Manufacturing Market Global Briefing 2017" report to their offering. The institutional and office furniture manufacturing market comprise firms are involved in ... (01/27/2017)
- Institutional And Office Furniture Manufacturing Market Global Briefing 2017 - LONDON, Jan. 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The institutional and office furniture manufacturing market comprise firms are involved in designing office furniture including office chairs and desks, office and store fixtures, such as showcases. It also includes ... (01/25/2017)
- Big chairs for larger employees get new standards - The standard width for office chairs is 19.2 inches. “There’s a big demand,” said David Panning, spokesman for the Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturers Association, based in Grand Rapids, Mich. “People are getting larger and heavier. (04/04/2015)
- Office furniture companies ramp up operations - The latest forecast from the Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturers Association, issued in late May, projects that North American shipments will grow 2.1 percent this year to $9.5 billion, followed by shipment growth of 7.2 percent in 2014 to $ ... (07/03/2013)
- Research and Markets: The Institutional Furniture Manufacturing Industry's Revenue for the Year 2009 Was Approximately $4.9 Billion USD, With an Estimated Gross Profit Of 29.37% - LLC's new report "Institutional Furniture Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2010 Edition]" to their offering. The newly published Institutional Furniture Manufacturing Industry report provides the most recently updated market ... (08/30/2010)
- Office furniture index plummets as manufacturers cut jobs, production - The personal outlook index among executives at manufacturers plunged to 37.04, the first time it's ever been in the 30s. Executives at suppliers, Dunlap said, "are even more pessimistic." The Grand Rapids-based Business and Institutional Furniture ... (01/30/2009)
- Coalition seeks to save manufacturing jobs - If so, the government might assess duties on the imports. Enlist the help of industry organizations such as the American Furniture Manufacturers Assn. and the Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturers Assn. in seeking the International Trade ... (05/26/2003)
- Manufacturers Complain Of Prison Work Programs - "Here we have a government corporation aiming at mom and pop America, the business our government is supposed to be helping prosper," said Brad Miller, manager of government affairs for the Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturers' Association in ... (11/28/1997)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $68,645,281 on Institutional Furniture Manufacturing. It has awarded 1,447 contracts to 335 companies, with an average value of $204,911 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Cafeteria tables and benches manufacturing, Theater seating manufacturing, Benches, work, manufacturing, Prison bed manufacturing, School furniture manufacturing, Institutional furniture manufacturing, public building-type, Chairs, barber, beauty shop (i.e., hydraulic), Work benches manufacturing, barber and beauty (i.e., portable folding, auditorium-type, Bowling center furniture manufacturing, Stadium seating manufacturing, Religious furniture manufacturing, Restaurant furniture (e.g., carts, chairs, foodwagons, tables) manufacturing, Drawing tables and boards, artist's, Cafeteria furniture manufacturing, park-type (except concrete, stone), Furniture, restaurant-type, Bleacher seating manufacturing, public building (e.g., church, library, school, theater), institutional, Church furniture (except concrete, stone) manufacturing, Tray trucks, restaurant, factory-type (e.g., cabinets, stools, tool stands, work benches), Pews, stacking, Ship furniture manufacturing, Drafting tables and boards manufacturing, laboratory-type (e.g., benches, tables), Tool stands, factory, etc.