|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Metal Household Furniture Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Metal Household Furniture Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Metal Household Furniture Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Metal Household Furniture Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Metal Household Furniture Manufacturing
Metal Household Furniture, Dining Room And Kitchen, Including Padded And Plain Seating, Tables, Cabinets, And Carts
Metal Household Furniture, Outdoor And Casual (Including Beach, Lawn, Garden, And Porch), Nonupholstered, Assembled And Ready-To
Metal Household Furniture, Other Types, Nonupholstered
Metal Household Furniture Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Metal Household Furniture Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Metal Household Furniture Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Metal Household Furniture Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Metal Household Furniture Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Metal Household Furniture Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||11%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||11%|
|Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||18%|
|Sewing Machine Operators||6%|
|Sewing Machine Operators||6%|
|Miscellaneous Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||11%|
|Cabinetmakers and Bench Carpenters||9%|
|Cabinetmakers and Bench Carpenters||9%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||8%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||9%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||10%|
Metal Household Furniture Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- NC Manufacturing Hub Gets into Stadium Business - The number of manufacturing jobs in Guilford County, which is home to High Point, is down 36% from January 1990, the earliest year for which data is available, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. While the local furniture manufacturing ... (01/16/2018)
- Architectural Metal Flashings Earns Florida Product Approval Rating - The first home models are open at Babcock Ranch in Charlotte ... “Coming from the roofing side, he knew that there were only a few manufacturers, and they had the corner on the market. He knows metal like the back of his hand and said, ‘I can do ... (01/16/2018)
- A look at trends through the HGTV Home lens - Bohemian looks, such as this bed inside Selamat’s High Point Market showroom, are trending in consumer areas according to HGTV Home Design Director ... but now most every furniture manufacturer had blends of many woods or metal and wood or wood and ... (01/16/2018)
- American Furniture stationary production, shipments resume - ECRU – Just 10 days after a fire destroyed two warehouses containing 50,000 pieces of furniture, more employees were back at work at American Furniture Manufacturing ... 700 to 750 workers who call American home. The bulk of its production is stationary ... (01/16/2018)
- Keeping it contemporary: The Lohasmith is redefining home décor with metallic products - As India increasingly adopts global trends in the lifestyle space, home décor too isn’t untouched ... the brand offers products crafted from metal across five categories – mirrors and wall art; accent furniture (side tables and floating shelves ... (01/16/2018)
- New Australian furniture show set for July - From my experience in managing furniture shows as well as developing other international trade shows, I believe there is a major opportunity for international manufacturers and ... be co-located with Global Gift & Home, a trade platform showcasing giftware ... (01/15/2018)
- HGTV's Joanna Gaines wants $150K/hr to sit in on furniture lawsuit - HGTV and Fixer Upper star Joanna Gaines wants $150,000 an hour to sit in on a lawsuit deposition involving her Magnolia Home furniture line. After Standard Furniture Manufacturing filed a complaint against its Chinese suppliers LF Products for delivering ... (01/15/2018)
- Vanguard Furniture Announces Grand Opening of New Showroom at The Las Vegas Market - Its mission is to lead home furnishings in style ... member of the Sustainable Furniture Council and its green initiatives include recycling 95% of all post manufacturing waste; recycling paper, fabric scraps, metal, wood scrap, plastic and corrugated ... (01/15/2018)
- Factor in Safety When Mounting a New TV or Placing Furniture - If you received a new flat-screen TV or a dresser for the baby's room over the holiday, you'll want to consider how to mount or place the new addition to your home. The U.S. Consumer ... Most American furniture manufacturers adhere to safety standards ... (12/30/2017)
- Get a new flat-screen or furniture for Christmas? Make sure it’s not a safety hazard! - Things get more complicated if you have an older home with plaster or ... end up putting old TVs on top of furniture not meant to hold it and then forget to anchor it, Buerkle said. Most American furniture manufacturers adhere to safety standards ... (12/27/2017)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $4,211,993 on Metal Household Furniture Manufacturing. It has awarded 165 contracts to 67 companies, with an average value of $62,866 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Beds (including cabinet and folding), metal household-type (except hospital), manufacturing, Living room furniture (except upholstered), metal, Furniture, outdoor metal household-type (e.g., beach, garden, lawn, porch), Dressers, Computer furniture, metal household-type, Tables, Hammocks, metal framed, Kitchen furniture, household-type, Dinette sets, Nursery furniture, End tables, Camp furniture, Medicine cabinets, Lawn furniture, Playpens, children's metal, Dressing tables, Furniture (except upholstered), Cribs (i.e., baby beds), Stools, metal household-type (except upholstered), Chairs, Wrought iron furniture (except upholstered), Cabinets, freestanding, Vanities, radio and television, Cots, Water bed frames, Kitchen chairs (including upholstered), TV stands and similar stands for consumer electronics, Serving carts, Card table sets, metal (i.e., bathroom, kitchen) (except freestanding), Home entertainment centers, Dining room furniture, Wardrobes, Dining room chairs (including upholstered), Porch swings, Juvenile furniture (except upholstered), metal manufacturing, Bookcases, etc.