|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Motor & Generator Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Motor & Generator Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Motor & Generator Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Motor & Generator Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Motor And Generator Manufacturing
Fractional Horsepower Motors (Rated At Less Than 746 Watts) (Excluding Hermetics)
Integral Horsepower Motors And Generators Other Than For Land Transportation Equipment (Rated At 746 Watts Or More) (Excluding H
Land Transportation Motors, Generators, And Control Equipment (Excluding Parts)
Fractional Motor Generator Sets And Other Rotating Equipment (Including Hermetics)
Integral Motor Generator Sets And Other Rotating Equipment (Including Hermetics)
Parts And Supplies For Motors, Generators, Generator Sets, And Other Rotating Equipment, Excluding Motors For Built-In Jobs
Relay And Industrial Control Manufacturing
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
Miscellaneous Receipts, Including Receipts For Repair Work, Sales Of Scrap And Refuse.
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Motor & Generator Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Motor & Generator Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Motor & Generator Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Motor & Generator Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Motor & Generator Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||14%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||33%|
|Electrical, Electronics, and Electromechanical Assemblers||21%|
|Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers||14%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||10%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||11%|
|Other Production Occupations||6%|
Motor & Generator Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Esl Power Systems||10|
|Fischer Panda Generators|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- DENSO and Kyoto University Startup FLOSFIA will Develop Next-Gen Power Semiconductor Device for Electrified Vehicles - PCUs use an inverter to control the power supplied from the battery to the motor generator. To use electric energy more ... affiliates across the North American region. Of these, 25 are manufacturing facilities located in the United States, Canada and ... (01/04/2018)
- Wind Turbine Generator Manufacturing Plant Repurpose - When Acciona Windpower sought to enter the North American renewable energy market by building a wind turbine generator manufacturing plant ... “With the XT control system, the motor will speed up or slow down to match the production speed the user ... (10/13/2017)
- Motor and Generator Manufacturing Market 2017 by Segment, Region, Analysis and Forecast to 2020 - Motor And Generator Manufacturing Market Global Briefing provides strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global Motor And Generator Manufacturing market. Reasons to Purchase -Get up to date ... (06/27/2017)
- Global Motor And Generator Manufacturing Market Briefing 2017 - Research and Markets - DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Motor And Generator Manufacturing Market Global Briefing 2017" report to their offering. Global Motor And Generator Manufacturing Market Briefing provides strategists ... (05/29/2017)
- This Dieselpunk Shrine Hides a Century-Old, Fully Operational 800 HP Motor - Close to the gorgeous towers of the Óbuda Gas Works, there is a humble, church-like brick building housing an amazing piece of engineering: a still-functional 103-year-old Sulzer diesel motor connected to a Ganz generator. The 4-cylinder, 800-horsepower ... (01/01/2016)
- Advanced Oilfield Technology launches motor rewinding and electrical services - AOTC provides assistance and services of motor repairing to diversified industries for products like AC motor repairing, alternator generator repairing ... PDO certified manufacturing facility for specialised engineering and fabrication works apart ... (06/23/2014)
- 2014 TOYOTA PRIUS-V - Remedy Toyota will notify owners and dealers will update the software for both the motor/generator control electronic ... Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain model year 2012-2014 Prius V vehicles manufactured August ... (08/23/2013)
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing Alabama donates used oil to Alabama A&M University for biodiesel project - Executives at Toyota Motor Manufacturing Alabama have also asked that diesel shunt trucks and a diesel generator at their own plant be ... oil is generated in a month at the cafeteria, said Jeneen Horton, the plant's assistant manager for environmental ... (02/14/2011)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $204,227,087 on Motor & Generator Manufacturing. It has awarded 1,972 contracts to 617 companies, with an average value of $331,000 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Rotor retainers and housings manufacturing, Armatures, industrial, manufacturing, Torque motors, electric, Generator sets, prime mover (except turbine generator sets), Generators and sets, electric (except internal combustion engine, welding, turbine generator sets), Coils for motors and generators manufacturing, Resolvers manufacturing, Motor generator sets (except automotive, turbine generator sets) manufacturing, Storage battery chargers (except internal combustion engine-type) manufacturing, Synchronous condensers and timing motors, Railway motors and control equipment, Rotors (i.e., for motors) manufacturing, Armature rewinding on a factory basis, Generators for gas-electric and oil-electric vehicles, Power generators manufacturing, Dynamos, electric (except automotive), Motors, electric (except engine starting motors, gearmotors, outboard), Fractional horsepower electric motors manufacturing, Generating apparatus and parts, electrical (except internal combustion engine and welding), Inverters, rotating electrical, Prime mover generator sets (except turbine generator sets) manufacturing, Exciter assemblies, motor and generator, Phase converters (i.e., electrical equipment) manufacturing, Condensers, synchronous, Generators for storage battery chargers (except internal combustion engine and aircraft) manufacturing, Collector rings for motors and generators manufacturing, Stators for motors manufacturing, Commutators, electric motor, Slip rings for motors and generators manufacturing, Synchronous motors manufacturing, Dynamotors manufacturing, Frequency converters (i.e., electric generators) manufacturing, Converters, phase and rotary, electrical equipment, Integral horsepower electric motors manufacturing, Timing motors, Land transportation motors and generators manufacturing, Servomotors manufacturing, etc.