|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Switchgear & Switchboard Apparatus Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Switchgear & Switchboard Apparatus Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Switchgear & Switchboard Apparatus Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Switchgear & Switchboard Apparatus Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Power, Distribution, And Specialty Transformer Manufacturing
Switchgear And Switchboard Apparatus Manufacturing
Power Circuit Breakers, All Voltages
Low Voltage Panelboards And Distribution Boards And Other Switching And Interrupting Devices, 1000 Volts Or Less
Fuses And Fuse Equipment Less Than 2300 Volts (Excluding Power Distribution Cut-Outs)
Molded Case Circuit Breakers, 1000 Volts Or Less
Duct, Including Plug-In Units And Accessories, 1000 Volts Or Less
Switchgear, Excluding Ducts And Relays
Switchgear And Switchboard Apparatus Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Relay And Industrial Control Manufacturing
General-Purpose Industrial Controls
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
Miscellaneous Receipts, Including Receipts For Repair Work, Sales Of Scrap And Refuse.
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Switchgear & Switchboard Apparatus Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Switchgear & Switchboard Apparatus Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Switchgear & Switchboard Apparatus Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Switchgear & Switchboard Apparatus Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Switchgear & Switchboard Apparatus Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||14%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||33%|
|Electrical, Electronics, and Electromechanical Assemblers||21%|
|Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers||14%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||10%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||11%|
|Other Production Occupations||6%|
Switchgear & Switchboard Apparatus Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Philadelphia Electrical Equipment|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Switchgear and Switchboard Apparatus Manufacturing Market 2017 by Segment, Region, Analysis and Forecast to 2020 - Switchgear Manufacturing And Switchboard Manufacturing Market Global Briefing provides strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global switchgear manufacturing and switchboard manufacturing. (09/16/2017)
- Global Switchgear And Switchboard Apparatus Manufacturing Market Briefing 2017 - Research and Markets - DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Switchgear And Switchboard Apparatus Manufacturing Market Global Briefing 2017" report to their offering. Switchgear Manufacturing And Switchboard Manufacturing Market Global ... (05/29/2017)
- Schneider Electric : Presolicitation Notice - Notice of Intent to Sole Source - The NAICS code for this procurement is 335313, Switchgear and Switchboard Apparatus Manufacturing. This is a retrofit of existing switchgear cubicles to accept Schneider Electric Masterpact breakers with Micrologic trip units. The replacement breakers are ... (04/25/2017)
- Indy Airport Racks up Another Nonstop - All of the employees affected by the decision are listed as manufacturing operators ... The Schneider plant in Peru manufactures switchgear and switchboard apparatus. DePauw University will play host this weekend to students from throughout the country ... (03/12/2017)
- Schneider Electric to lay off 70 workers at Peru facility - The Peru plant located at 252 N. Tippecanoe St. manufactures switchgear and switchboard apparatus. The company said the affected employees are represented by the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. Bumping rights are available in ... (03/10/2017)
- Manufacturer Plans Layoffs in Peru - All of the employees affected by the decision are listed as manufacturing operators ... The Schneider plant in Peru manufactures switchgear and switchboard apparatus. Many children have their lists for Santa, but in some respects, nonprofits should ... (03/09/2017)
- United States Switchgear And Switchboard Apparatus Market Report 2017 - Analysis And Forecast to 2020 - Research and Markets - Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "U.S. Switchgear And Switchboard Apparatus Market - Analysis And Forecast to 2020" report to their offering. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the U.S. switchgear and switchboard apparatus ... (01/20/2017)
- Small Business Size Standards for Manufacturing - SUMMARY: The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) proposes to increase small business size standards for 209 industries in North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Sector 31-33, Manufacturing. SBA also proposes to increase the refining ... (09/10/2014)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $89,619,920 on Switchgear & Switchboard Apparatus Manufacturing. It has awarded 1,369 contracts to 334 companies, with an average value of $268,323 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Connectors, power, manufacturing, Fuse clips and blocks, electric, Panelboards, electric power distribution, Distribution cutouts manufacturing, Switchboards and parts, Regulators, Cubicles (i.e., electric switchboard equipment) manufacturing, Switches, electric power (except pushbotton, snap, solenoid, tumbler), Ducts for electrical switchboard apparatus manufacturing, Power fuses (i.e., 600 volts and over) manufacturing, Air circuit breakers manufacturing, Bus bar structures, switchgear-type, Control panels, Fuses, electrical, Switching equipment, Fuse mountings, electric power, Metering panels, Power circuit breakers manufacturing, Power switching equipment manufacturing, Knife switches, electric power switchgear-type, Circuit breakers, Power connectors manufacturing, Distribution boards, Panels, generator control and metering, Generator control and metering panels, Switchgear and switchgear accessories manufacturing, Time switches, electrical switchgear apparatus, Power switchboards manufacturing, air, etc.