|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Power, Distribution & Specialty Transformer Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Power, Distribution & Specialty Transformer Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Power, Distribution & Specialty Transformer Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Power, Distribution & Specialty Transformer Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Power, Distribution, And Specialty Transformer Manufacturing
Power And Distribution Transformers, Excluding Parts
Specialty Transformers, Excluding Fluorescent Lamp Ballast
Power Regulators, Boosters, And Other Transformers And Parts For All Transformers
Power, Distribution, And Specialty Transformer Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Power, Distribution & Specialty Transformer Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Power, Distribution & Specialty Transformer Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Power, Distribution & Specialty Transformer Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Power, Distribution & Specialty Transformer Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Power, Distribution & Specialty Transformer Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||14%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||33%|
|Electrical, Electronics, and Electromechanical Assemblers||21%|
|Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers||14%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||10%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||11%|
|Other Production Occupations||6%|
Power, Distribution & Specialty Transformer Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|M T E||18|
|SPX Transformer Solutions|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Air insulated switchgear market scrutinized in new research - Larsen & Toubro Limited, Toshiba Corporation, Crompton Greaves, Ltd., Elatec Power Distribution GmbH ... Á R.L., Medelec, Matelec Group, Pars Tableau, Wenzhou Rockwell Transformer Co., Ltd and profiles overview. On the basis of product, this report ... (01/12/2018)
- FG: We Have 2,000MW of Idle Electricity for Industries, Manufacturers in Nigeria - The federal government on Tuesday said there is currently about 2000 megawatts (MW) of electricity that could be generated and sent to manufacturing ... power generation and transmission capacities of the country had grown to 7,000MW respectively ... (01/09/2018)
- Kerala Electrical and Allied Engineering Company Ltd plans to make profit via medium power transformers - KOCHI: As part of its initiatives to register profit by 2020, public sector company Kerala Electrical and Allied Engineering Company Ltd (KEL), the leading manufacturer of distribution transformers, is going to start manufacturing medium power transformers ... (01/05/2018)
- Alfa Transformers Ltd gets repeat LOA for Rs. 3.4 crore order - Alfa Transformers Ltd is engaged in the manufacturing of energy efficient amorphous distribution transformers and thus contributing to Power for All program of Government of India. We are one of the largest manufacturers for such item in the state of Gujarat. (01/04/2018)
- United States Power, Distribution, And Specialty Transformer Market 2017 - Analysis And Forecast to 2025 - Research and Markets - The "U.S. Power, Distribution, And Specialty Transformer Market - Analysis And Forecast to 2025" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the U.S. power, distribution, and specialty transformer ... (09/04/2017)
- Transformer Manufacturing Market 2017 by Segment, Region, Analysis and Forecast to 2020 - The market size section gives the power, distribution, and specialty transformer manufacturing market revenues, covering both the historic growth of the market and forecasting the future. Drivers and restraints looks at the external factors supporting and ... (08/28/2017)
- Transformer Manufacturing Market Global Briefing 2017 : New research report available at Fast Market Research - The market size section gives the power, distribution, and specialty transformer manufacturing market revenues, covering both the historic growth of the market and forecasting the future. Drivers and restraints looks at the external factors supporting and ... (05/31/2017)
- Research and Markets: Power, Distribution & Specialty Transformer Manufacturing Industry in the US & its International Trade - The Updated 2011 Q3 Edition - LLC's new report "Power, Distribution, and Specialty Transformer Manufacturing Industry in the US and its International Trade [2011 Q3 Edition]" to their offering. This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing power ... (08/22/2011)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $100,816,387 on Power, Distribution & Specialty Transformer Manufacturing. It has awarded 1,098 contracts to 397 companies, with an average value of $253,946 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Machine tool transformers manufacturing, Feeder voltage regulators and boosters (i.e., electrical transformers) manufacturing, Transmission and distribution voltage regulators manufacturing, Power transformers, electric, manufacturing, Electric furnace transformers manufacturing, Substation transformers, electric power distribution, Fluorescent lighting transformers manufacturing, Autotransformers for switchboards (except telephone switchboards) manufacturing, Distribution transformers, Luminous tube transformers manufacturing, Generator voltage regulators, electric induction and step-type (except engine electrical equipment), Transformers, separate solid-state arc-welding, Saturable transformers manufacturing, Airport lighting transformers manufacturing, Current limiting reactors, electrical, electric power, Ballasts (i.e., transformers) manufacturing, Regulating transformers, power system-type, Voltage regulating transformers, ignition, for use on domestic fuel burners, Regulators (i.e., electric transformers), feeder voltage, Lighting transformers manufacturing, Autotransformers manufacturing, Voltage regulators, transmission and distribution, Isolation transformers manufacturing, Burner ignition transformers manufacturing, Lamp ballasts manufacturing, Line voltage regulators (i.e., electric transformers) manufacturing, Specialty transformers, reactor, Arc-welding transformers, separate solid-state, Fluorescent ballasts (i.e., Boosters, feeder voltage (i.e., electrical transformers), Control transformers manufacturing, Instrument transformers (except complete instruments) for metering or protective relaying use manufacturing, Lighting transformers, street and airport, Signaling transformers, etc.