|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Relay & Industrial Control Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Relay & Industrial Control Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Relay & Industrial Control Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Relay & Industrial Control Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Switchgear And Switchboard Apparatus Manufacturing
Relay And Industrial Control Manufacturing
Relays For Electronic Circuitry, Industrial Control Overload, And Switchgear Type
Specific-Purpose Industrial Controls
General-Purpose Industrial Controls
Parts For Industrial Controls And Motor-Control Accessories
Relay And Industrial Control Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
Miscellaneous Receipts, Including Receipts For Repair Work, Sales Of Scrap And Refuse.
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Relay & Industrial Control Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Relay & Industrial Control Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Relay & Industrial Control Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Relay & Industrial Control Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Relay & Industrial Control Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||14%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||33%|
|Electrical, Electronics, and Electromechanical Assemblers||21%|
|Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers||14%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||10%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||11%|
|Other Production Occupations||6%|
Relay & Industrial Control Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Relay Saves PCB Space Without Compromising Performance - TE Connectivity has introduced Potter & Brumfield's relay T9G series, a 30 A power PCB relay for HVAC, appliances and industrial control applications. TE’s Potter & Brumfield relay T9G series is the smallest relay in its class, with a 30 percent smaller ... (01/09/2018)
- Industrial monitoring relays industry examined in new market research report - This research report provides a comprehensive analysis of the Global Industrial Monitoring Relays Industry. It analyzes past events ... Banner Engineering, Broyce Control Coto Technology, Finder, BENDER, Fuji Electric, Fujitsu, Macromatic Industrial ... (01/08/2018)
- The timing relay market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.32%, from 2017 to 2022 - There are more market players involved in the manufacturing of on-delay timers ... is a key factor and they provide high accuracy timing control for industrial and OEM applications. Moreover, these relays provide overcurrent protection, over/under voltage ... (12/18/2017)
- Relay and Industrial Control Manufacturing Market 2017 by Segment, Region, Analysis and Forecast to 2020 - Relay And Industrial Control Manufacturing Market Global Briefing provides strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global relay and industrial control manufacturing. For more information about this ... (09/16/2017)
- Now Available: Relay And Industrial Control Manufacturing Market Global Briefing 2017 - (live-PR.com) - IoT Technology Enabled Industrial Automation And Control Systems is gaining traction in the relay and industrial control manufacturing market as of 2016. IoT technology is increasingly being integrated with industrial automation and control ... (06/01/2017)
- Littelfuse : New Industrial Relays, High-Speed Fuses Selected as Finalists for 2017 Product of the Year - Marking the third consecutive year Littelfuse products have been recognized in the program, the finalists qualified are: MP8000 Bluetooth Overload Relays ... control and sensing. The company serves global customers in the electronics, automotive and ... (04/12/2017)
- Research and Markets: Relay and Industrial Control Manufacturing Industry in the US and its International Trade [2011 Q3 Edition] - LLC's new report "Relay and Industrial Control Manufacturing Industry in the US and its International Trade [2011 Q3 Edition]" to their offering. The 2011 publication (updated for Q3 2011) of the "Relay and Industrial Control Manufacturing Industry" report ... (08/02/2011)
- Industrial Relays suit OEM and process control industries. - RICHMOND, VA (December 4, 2008)- Weidmuller announces an expanded and improved line of industrial relays for the OEM and process control industries- the new ... group has a strong international focus with manufacturing and sales locations in over 70 ... (12/17/2008)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $28,942,203 on Relay & Industrial Control Manufacturing. It has awarded 688 contracts to 241 companies, with an average value of $120,092 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Marine and navy auxiliary controls, manufacturing, Motor control accessories (including overload relays) manufacturing, Control circuit devices, magnet and solid-state, Control equipment, electric, Motor control centers, Controls and control accessories, industrial, Crane and hoist controls, including metal mill, Timing devices, mechanical and solid-state (except clockwork), Vacuum relays manufacturing, Brakes, electromagnetic, Armature relays manufacturing, Numerical controls, Control circuit relays, Rheostats, industrial control, Motor controls, Motor starters, contractors, and controllers, Industrial controls (e.g., push button, selector, and pilot switches, Solenoid switches, Controls for adjustable speed drives manufacturing, Brakes and clutches, Flow actuated electrical switches manufacturing, Relays, electrical and electronic, etc.