|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Office Furniture Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Office Furniture Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Office Furniture Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Office Furniture Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Institutional Furniture Manufacturing
Wood Office Furniture Manufacturing
Wood Office Furniture, Other Types (Including Panel And Desking System Accessories And Components)
Office Furniture (Except Wood) Manufacturing
Office Seating, Including Upholstered, Excluding Wood
Office Desks And Desk Extensions, Excluding Wood
Office Files, Storage Units, And Tables, Excluding Wood
Office Furniture, Other Types (Including Panel And Desking Systems), Excluding Wood
Office Furniture (Except Wood) Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
Miscellaneous Receipts, Including Receipts For Repair Work, Sales Of Scrap And Refuse.
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Office Furniture Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Office Furniture Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Office Furniture Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Office Furniture Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Office Furniture Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||10%|
|Cabinetmakers and Bench Carpenters||13%|
|Cabinetmakers and Bench Carpenters||13%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||6%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||7%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||6%|
Office Furniture Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Stanley buy highlights recent setbacks, declining sales - This was compounded by its partnership with Starwood Furniture Manufacturing in Vietnam ... relocated its corporate office to High Point, opened a new showroom in High Point, hired an almost entirely new corporate staff and launched a new enterprise ... (01/10/2018)
- Constructive duty policy a must for the growth of furniture industry - Selim H Rahman, managing director of furniture manufacturing company Hatil ... As per the EPB, Bangladesh currently exports office furniture, metal furniture, seats with metal frames, bedroom furniture, wooden furniture, and mattress supports. (01/09/2018)
- Misleading furniture labels: How to tell whether you have the real deal - I foolishly purchased a bonded leather office chair for my own home several years ... Ask about a warranty. Many furniture stores and manufacturers don’t offer them, but if you are making a large purchase, perhaps they will create one just for you. (01/09/2018)
- UPDATE: American Furniture Manufacturing releases statement on fire - (WTVA) -- American Furniture Manufacturing released an official statement Saturday ... the company will be using its showroom at the Tupelo Furniture Market as its main office while it sorts through its options. Stay tuned to WTVA 9 News and WTVA.com ... (01/05/2018)
- Office KL / Studio Kota Architecture - The project was commissioned by a steel based manufacturing company that needed to add office program to their existing facility ... These different floor geometries resulted in specific furniture arrangement for each level. The shape of the pavilion ... (01/04/2018)
- Swindon furniture company hit by Brexit rescued - Joint administrators Julie Palmer and Sally Richards, from Begbies Traynor's Swindon office, sold the company out of administration to recently established WJ White Contract Furniture Ltd. WJ White has been manufacturing office and meeting room furniture ... (01/03/2018)
- Jasper furniture rescues 120 workers from being laid off; buys Paoli plant - ORLEANS, Ind. - Back in October of 2016, office furniture maker HNI announced it would close its manufacturing operations at Paoli Inc., its contract furniture division located in Orleans, Indiana. The closure would affect approximately 350 workers. (01/02/2018)
- Dubai Furniture Manufacturing Company (DFMC) - Dubai Furniture Manufacturing Company LLC (DFMC) is a multinational company with its corporate office in Dubai, UAE and sister concern companies in the other regions namely Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain & Oman. DFMC has recently ventured into India and also set ... (01/02/2018)
- Orleans Manufacturing Facility Under New Ownership - The Orange County Economic Development Partnership says a manufacturing facility in Orleans will soon have new life. Jasper Group has announced plans to expand operations to the facility, which was set to be closed by office furniture company Paoli LLC. (12/28/2017)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $504,783,845 on Office Furniture Manufacturing. It has awarded 16,428 contracts to 819 companies, with an average value of $616,342 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Office furniture (except wood), padded, upholstered, or plain (except wood), manufacturing, Filing cabinets (except wood), office-type, Bookcases (except wood), Tables (except wood), Chairs (except wood), Desks (except wood), Cabinets (except wood), freestanding, Furniture (except wood), or plain, Modular furniture systems (except wood frame), etc.