|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Wood Office Furniture Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Wood Office Furniture Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Wood Office Furniture Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Wood Office Furniture Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Wood Office Furniture Manufacturing
Wood Office Seating, Including Upholstered
Wood Office Desks And Desk Extensions
Wood Office Files, Storage Units, And Tables
Wood Office Furniture, Other Types (Including Panel And Desking System Accessories And Components)
Wood Office Furniture Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Office Furniture (Except Wood) Manufacturing
Office Seating, Including Upholstered, Excluding Wood
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Wood Office Furniture Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Wood Office Furniture Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Wood Office Furniture Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Wood Office Furniture Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Wood Office Furniture Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||10%|
|Cabinetmakers and Bench Carpenters||13%|
|Cabinetmakers and Bench Carpenters||13%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||6%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||7%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||6%|
Wood Office Furniture Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Jaime's Local Love: The Barn Door Store - The Barn Door Store is a barn door and farmhouse style furniture and accessories manufacturing company. The Kings craft their beautiful barn doors and creations from reclaimed barn wood and other ... Coconino County Sheriff's Office has released jail ... (01/10/2018)
- Constructive duty policy a must for the growth of furniture industry - Selim H Rahman, managing director of furniture manufacturing ... processed wood, medium density fiber board, laminated board, particleboard, and rattan, bamboo and wrought iron furniture. As per the EPB, Bangladesh currently exports office furniture ... (01/09/2018)
- How Robots Are Helping A Furniture Shop Without Putting Workers Out Of Jobs - JOSH WEISSMAN: Back in the '80s and '90s there was a lot of furniture manufacturing done in north central Massachusetts ... floor for eight to 10 hours a day picking up a piece of wood and putting it through a sanding machine. WEISSMAN: When we put ... (01/09/2018)
- Misleading furniture labels: How to tell whether you have the real deal - The old FTC guideline said manufacturers should not use wood names on their labels unless ... “Bonded leather” is the scourge of the upholstered furniture industry. I foolishly purchased a bonded leather office chair for my own home several years ... (01/09/2018)
- A.R.T. names Streba director of marketing - Streba joined A.R.T. in July 2016 with previous experience with furniture manufacturers ... with F/T covering wood furniture, the last five of those as case goods editor. While I cover occasional, home entertainment and home office here, a major ... (01/08/2018)
- Sales for FDMC 300 wood industry leaders increase 5 percent in 2017 - This group of the 300 largest North American cabinet, millwork, furniture ... their wood retail display operations and are reported to be only making metal store fixtures. This is the initial report from the FDMC 300, the annual summary of wood ... (01/05/2018)
- Wood Moulding Manufacturing Facility in Oregon Offered for Turnkey Sale - Other assets include rolling stock, conveyer systems and office furniture. Intellectual property ... http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/wood-moulding-manufacturing-facility-in-oregon-offered-for-turnkey-sale-300472585.html (06/13/2017)
- Institutional And Office Furniture Manufacturing Market Global Briefing 2017 - LONDON, Jan. 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The institutional and office furniture manufacturing ... fuel consumption and recycling sheet metal and wood by?products. Companies manufacturing ecofriendly furniture products procure wood from plantations that ... (01/24/2017)
- Growing Demand for Customization of Office Furniture to Drive the Recycled Office Furniture Market in the US Until 2020, Reports Technavio - LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Technavio analysts forecast the recycled office furniture market in the US ... long-term ecological sustainability while manufacturing furniture products, and use wood that is sourced from sustainably grown forests. (08/08/2016)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $81,094,409 on Wood Office Furniture Manufacturing. It has awarded 2,825 contracts to 312 companies, with an average value of $259,918 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Tables, wood, office-type, manufacturing, Furniture, padded, upholstered, or plain wood, Modular furniture systems, wood frame office-type, Office furniture, Chairs, wood office-type, Cabinets, freestanding, Desks, Bookcases, Filing cabinets, office type, etc.