Instant Download - Available immediately
Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Office Furniture (including Fixtures) Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Office Furniture (including Fixtures) Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Office Furniture (including Fixtures) Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Office Furniture (including Fixtures) Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Office Furniture (including Fixtures) Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Office Furniture (including Fixtures) Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Office Furniture (including Fixtures) Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Office Furniture (including Fixtures) Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||10%|
|Cabinetmakers and Bench Carpenters||13%|
|Cabinetmakers and Bench Carpenters||13%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||6%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||7%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||6%|
Office Furniture (including Fixtures) Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Terex heading to The Fountains after all - Byers described the space as high-end, class A office space designed for 35 to 40 people that will include a small research and development ... agreement that would reduce the rent and provide new furniture for Terex. At a meeting in December 2015, then ... (01/12/2018)
- Tour my home: This beautifully restored mansion’s address may surprise you - The Colonial Revival home has five bedrooms, two full bathrooms and two half-bathrooms – not including a now-unfinished bedroom and bathroom on its third floor. All of the original woodwork and lighting fixtures ... the home into office space. (01/11/2018)
- 41st CIFF Guangzhou: understand, decode, offer - fountains and hand-crafted iron furniture; the 3 rd Global Garden Lifestyle Festival will include an interpretation of life in the open air, which leads to a more unrestricted lifestyle. The second phase of CIFF (28-31 March 2018) , with office furniture ... (01/11/2018)
- 14 brands that are energising the Indian home décor segment - Godrej Interio is the only company in India to have BIFMA certification for both manufacturing ... furniture including living room furniture, dining room furniture, bedroom furniture and bedroom sets, storage utilities and also a wide range of office ... (01/07/2018)
- Looking back at Siouxland business: Top 10 stories of 2017 - Two new murals were painted downtown, including one by Argentinian street ... the parent company of Safco Products Co. announced it was moving its manufacturing operations to Milford. The office furniture maker plans to take over the former Polaris plant ... (01/01/2018)
- With cloaking walls and ideation hubs, this is probably not your father's office space - The ebb-and-flow of creativity drives today's workers to expect more from their office space, according to Jeff Rospond, president and CEO of OpenSquare, a Seattle firm that helps companies with design, furniture, fixtures and equipment logistics. (12/28/2017)
- Global Institutional And Office Furniture Manufacturing Market Briefing 2017 - Research and Markets - The institutional and office furniture manufacturing market comprise firms are involved in designing office furniture including office chairs and desks, office and store fixtures, such as showcases. It also includes firms involved in producing all types of ... (01/27/2017)
- Institutional And Office Furniture Manufacturing Market Global Briefing 2017 - LONDON, Jan. 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The institutional and office furniture manufacturing market comprise firms are involved in designing office furniture including office chairs and desks, office and store fixtures, such as showcases. It also includes ... (01/24/2017)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $718,413,614 on Office Furniture (including Fixtures) Manufacturing. It has awarded 21,191 contracts to 1,565 companies, with an average value of $459,050 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.