Instant Download - Available immediately
Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Paper Bag & Coated & Treated Paper Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Paper Bag & Coated & Treated Paper Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Paper Bag & Coated & Treated Paper Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Paper Bag & Coated & Treated Paper Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Paper Bag & Coated & Treated Paper Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Paper Bag & Coated & Treated Paper Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Paper Bag & Coated & Treated Paper Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Paper Bag & Coated & Treated Paper Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||40%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||29%|
|Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||21%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||14%|
|Material Moving Workers||12%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||8%|
Paper Bag & Coated & Treated Paper Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Hazen Paper Company Honored with International Award for Holography - Holyoke, Massachusetts – Hazen Paper Company was recognized with an “Excellence in Holography” award from the International Hologram Manufacturers ... friendly product that uses under 1% of the aluminum of traditional foil laminate, none of the ... (01/09/2018)
- Aluminum Foil Packaging Market Procurement Research - Market Trends and Spend Analysis by SpendEdge - "The high demand for flexible and lightweight packaging materials with superior barrier properties is expected to fuel the growth of the global aluminum foil packaging market," says SpendEdge procurement analyst Bhuvaneshwari Udayakumar. "The use of ... (01/06/2018)
- Pharmaceutical Market Influencing Global Aluminum Foil Market - Technavio - Increase in occurrence of diseases will fuel the demand for drugs and this factor is expected to drive the global aluminum foil market for pharmaceutical packaging. Growing demand for flexible ... easy-to-use, lightweight packaging solutions. Manufacturers ... (12/27/2017)
- Coffee, snacks and more: Sixto Packaging has a wrap for that - Sixto Packaging is a converter, which means it prints complicated designs on large rolls of paper, different types of plastic (film) or aluminum foil and combines them into layered (laminated) packaging for a variety of applications. “You see flexible ... (01/20/2017)
- Flexible packaging in pharmaceutical industry - The flexible packaging market is considered to be one of the most vibrant packaging markets exhibiting diversified types of packaging and materials used across ... is usually a laminate which includes a barrier layer (e.g., aluminum foil) with a print ... (07/10/2014)
- Plastics: Bye-bye bottles and cans, hello pouch packaging - St. Petersburg resident Arnold Lawner, a 62-year-old veteran of the packaging equipment business who is vice president of marketing for PouchFill at Daytona Flexible Packaging ... types of plastics and aluminum foil we laminate together for some pouches. (05/26/2012)
- Research and Markets: Laminated Aluminum Foil Manufacturing for Flexible Packaging Uses Industry in the US and its International Trade [2011 Q3 Edition] - LLC's new report "Laminated Aluminum Foil Manufacturing for Flexible Packaging Uses Industry in the US and its International Trade [2011 Q3 Edition]" to their offering. This 2011 publication of Laminated Aluminum Foil Manufacturing for Flexible Packaging ... (08/19/2011)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $39,319,094 on Paper Bag & Coated & Treated Paper Manufacturing. It has awarded 444 contracts to 75 companies, with an average value of $524,255 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Coating purchased papers for nonpackaging applications (except photosensitive paper), Laminating purchased paperboard, Cardboard, laminated or surface coated, made from purchased paperboard, Gift wrap made from purchased materials, Laminating purchased papers for packaging applications, Gummed paper products (e.g., labels, sheets, tapes) made from purchased paper, Sacks, multiwall, made from purchased uncoated paper, Paper bags, coated, made from purchased paper, Book paper made by coating purchased paper, Duct tape made from purchased materials, Bags (except plastics only) made by laminating or coating combinations of purchased plastics, foil and paper, Laminating purchased papers for nonpackaging applications, Wallpaper made from purchased papers or other materials, Foil bags made from purchased foil, Milk carton board stock made from purchased paperboard, Pressure sensitive paper and tape (except medical) made from purchased materials, Coating purchased papers for packaging applications, Surface coating purchased paperboard, Bags, coated paper, Waxed paper for nonpackaging applications made from purchased paper, Coated board made from purchased paperboard, Chipboard, Paperboard, pasted, lined, laminated, or surface coated, foil, made from purchased foil, Groundwood paper, Leatherboard (i.e., paperboard based) made from purchased paperboard, Laminating foil for flexible packaging applications, Flexible packaging sheet materials made by coating or laminating purchased paper, Foil sheet, laminating purchased foil sheets for packaging applications, uncoated, Waxed paper for packaging applications made from purchased paper, Masking tape made from purchased paper, Flexible packaging sheet materials made by laminating purchased foil, Adhesive tape (except medical) made from purchased materials, paper, Book paper, Tapes, pressure sensitive (e.g., cellophane, masking), gummed, made from purchased paper or other materials, Grocers' bags and sacks made from purchased uncoated paper, uncoated paper, Laminating purchased foil sheets for nonpackaging applications, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.