Scale & Balance Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Scale & Balance Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Scale & Balance Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Scale & Balance Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Scale & Balance Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Scale And Balance Manufacturing
Parts, Attachments, And Accessories For Scales And Balances
Scale And Balance Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
Contract Work - Receipts For Work Done For Others On Their Materials
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Scale & Balance Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Scale & Balance Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Scale & Balance Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Scale & Balance Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Scale & Balance Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||10%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||12%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||18%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||23%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Workers||7%|
|Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||5%|
Scale & Balance Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Circuits & Systems||4|
|American Weigh Scales|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Bright Outlook for the Economy and Stocks - Our panelists also worry about a potential resurgence of inflation and credit-tightening on a global scale. They question the future ... from nominal GDP in the U.S. Nor is inflation. European manufacturing is doing well, and retail sales in Europe are ... (01/13/2018)
- Interview: Raise3D CEO on how to run a 3D printing business - Managing this balance between both teams is not easy when you ... We expect to see in Q3 2019 demand for this; Gradual implementation of large scale digital additive manufacturing systems where there is a business case. We expect to see in Q1 2020 demand ... (01/12/2018)
- Lessons from the 1890s to realign innovation and finance in post-Brexit Britain - The gulf between the finance-based London economy and former manufacturing regions was thrown into sharp ... their relatively thin pools of capital became an important constraint as the scale requirement of firms increased – a problem exacerbated by ... (01/12/2018)
- Sulaj Kini believes that taking over the reins in family businesses is challenging and impactful - The second-generation entrepreneur was recently honoured with Visvesvaraya manufacturing excellence award in small-scale industry ... Sulaj maintains her left and right brain balance by offsetting her highly technical work with a deep interest in dance ... (01/12/2018)
- Is the outlook for China’s petrochemicals market hanging in the balance? - In terms of its sheer scale there are no other countries that come close ... structure that has not yet delivered the growth seen in China. The concentration of manufacturing in China and its export focus are key growth drivers for basic petrochemicals ... (01/11/2018)
- Good Times at Last? - Despite today's unprecedented political risks and large-scale geopolitical realignments ... will depend on central bankers' ability to strike the right monetary-policy balance. LONDON – In February 2017, I wrote an optimistic commentary called ... (01/10/2018)
- FTSE 100 gains as UK manufacturing data beats expectations - UK data today includes industrial and manufacturing production figures, the trade balance and the NIESR’s gross domestic ... deviceWISE platform to support its plans to scale its Internet of Things suite of solutions into new global markets. (01/10/2018)
- Got Big Career Dreams? These 10 MNCs Are Hiring In M'sia For Jan 2018. - Despite the unsavoury outlook circling Malaysia’s economy, hope remains that there’s a perfect vacancy out there awaiting us, one within a company with the scale and renown to ... hands-on position at one of their manufacturing divisions. (01/10/2018)
- New Balance Uses Ultrasonic Screening Technology to Sieve 3D Printing Powders - the additive manufacturing powder is converted into solid cross sections using a laser. New Balance’s laboratory started processing small batch work at the initial stage. However, when New Balance wanted to transform the laboratory into a larger scale of ... (01/03/2018)
- New Balance Uses Ultrasonic Equipment and Sieves to Ensure High Powder Throughput For 3D Printed Midsoles - However, once the company decided to take the process to the next level – large-scale commercialization – it ... hours,” explained Dr. Daniel Dempsey, Additive Manufacturing Engineer for New Balance. “With the [Russell Finex] sieve plus ... (01/03/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $3,854,313 on Scale & Balance Manufacturing. It has awarded 261 contracts to 79 companies, with an average value of $48,789 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Bathroom scales manufacturing, Industrial scales manufacturing, Retail scales (e.g., butcher, delicatessen, produce) manufacturing, Balances, including laboratory-type, manufacturing, Post office-type scales manufacturing, Parcel post scales manufacturing, Delicatessen scales manufacturing, Scales, Motor truck scales manufacturing, Railroad track scales manufacturing, Vehicle scales manufacturing, Baby scales manufacturing, etc.