|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Small Arms & Ordnance Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Small Arms & Ordnance Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Small Arms & Ordnance Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Small Arms & Ordnance Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Small Arms, Ordnance, And Ordnance Accessories Manufacturing
Machine Guns (30 Mm Or Less, 1.18 In. Or Less)
Small Arms (30 Mm Or Less, 1.18 In. Or Less)
Guns, Howitzers, Mortars, Turrets, Parts, And All Other Miscellaneous Ordnance, Accessories And Related Equipment (More Than 30
Small Arms, Ordnance, And Ordnance Accessories Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Small Arms & Ordnance Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Small Arms & Ordnance Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Small Arms & Ordnance Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||6%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||11%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||11%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||30%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||8%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Workers||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||10%|
Small Arms & Ordnance Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Picatinny team wins DOD award for innovative manufacturing - The new manufacturing process can be used across the suite of small arms penetrators, for an expected substantial return on investment. (01/12/2018)
- Lewis Machine relocating gun manufacturing to Eldridge - Huddled along the construction site in the Eldridge Industrial Park, Lewis Machine & Tool Co. celebrated the launch Friday of the company's new firearms manufacturing plant ... house production space for the small arms manufacturer as well as office ... (01/12/2018)
- Defence manufacturing innovation centre to come up in city at Rs 20 cr - She, however, promised an online data bank on defence sector demand and supply.She said there was a lot of defence requirement for small arms and the state has the potential and skill to provide them. Many of them are in the business of manufacturing and ... (01/07/2018)
- Coimbatore could look at manufacturing small arms: Army - COIMBATORE: Engines that can withstand low temperatures and run on different fuel with better insulation are among the priorities of the Indian Army, said the vice-chief of the Indian Army staff, Lt Gen Sarath Chand. He pointed out that Coimbatore could ... (12/16/2017)
- India eases licencing requirements for small arms and ammunition manufacturers - The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) said on 30 October that amendments to India’s Arms Rules, which were introduced in the early 1960s, are intended to “encourage investment” and will support the government’s indigenous manufacturing drive. (10/31/2017)
- MHA eases norms for small arms manufacture - New Delhi: In a bid to boost domestic manufacture of arms and ammunition as part of the government’s “Make in India” initiative, home ministry on Monday announced that it has decided to ease the norms for manufacturing and selling of small arms and ... (10/31/2017)
- MHA relaxes small arms manufacturing rules - NEW DELHI: The Union Home Ministry has liberalised the Arms Rules, 2016, to promote export and employment generation in the arms and ammunition manufacturing sector and, thereby, boost the Centre’s “Make in India” initiative. Under the liberalised ... (10/31/2017)
- Centre relaxes rules to boost investment, employment in manufacturing of arms - Under the new rules, the licence granted for manufacturing will be valid for the life-time of the licensee company. The requirement of renewal of the licence every five years has been done away with. Similarly, the condition that small arms and light ... (10/30/2017)
- Government relaxes Arms Rules to bolster investment in manufacturing - Under the new rules, the licence granted for manufacturing will be valid for the life-time of the licensee company. The requirement of renewal of the licence every five years has been done away with. Similarly, the condition that small arms and light ... (10/30/2017)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $736,449,952 on Small Arms & Ordnance Manufacturing. It has awarded 2,699 contracts to 455 companies, with an average value of $1,618,571 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Guns, BB and pellet, manufacturing, BB guns manufacturing, Howitzers manufacturing, Ammunition carts manufacturing, Rifles (except toy) manufacturing, Shotguns manufacturing, Bofors guns manufacturing, Pistols manufacturing, Links, ammunition, Grenade launchers manufacturing, Tank artillery manufacturing, Submachine guns manufacturing, Pellet guns manufacturing, Recoil mechanisms, gun, Rifles, Belts, machine gun, Gun magazines manufacturing, Field artillery manufacturing, Machine gun belts manufacturing, Barrels, Tranquilizer guns, Guns manufacturing, Pyrotechnic pistols and projectors manufacturing, Cylinders and clips, Antitank rocket launchers manufacturing, Aircraft artillery manufacturing, Livens projectors (i.e., ordnance) manufacturing, Firearms, small, Gun barrels manufacturing, Rocket launchers manufacturing, Dart guns manufacturing, Carbines manufacturing, Gun turrets manufacturing, Depth charge projectors manufacturing, recoilless, Oerlikon guns manufacturing, Naval artillery manufacturing, Smoke generators manufacturing, Revolvers manufacturing, Generators, smoke, Catapult guns manufacturing, Cannons manufacturing, Antisubmarine projectors manufacturing, Antiaircraft artillery manufacturing, Turrets, pneumatic, Flame throwers manufacturing, Recoilless rifles manufacturing, Mortars manufacturing, Projectors (e.g., antisub, depth charge release, grenade, livens, rocket), ordnance, Clips, Tampion guns manufacturing, Torpedo tubes manufacturing, Machine guns manufacturing, etc.