|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Office Stationery & Envelope Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Office Stationery & Envelope Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Office Stationery & Envelope Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Office Stationery & Envelope Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Office Stationery & Envelope Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Office Stationery & Envelope Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Office Stationery & Envelope Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Office Stationery & Envelope Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||40%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||29%|
|Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||21%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||14%|
|Material Moving Workers||12%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||8%|
Office Stationery & Envelope Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- In just a few words, Dad sends oceans of love - I’d open an envelope containing a stick-figure rendering of me, in crayon, on my father’s professional stationery, sitting in what he ... The day before I left for Maine, I went to the post office and bought 35 blank, prestamped postcards. (01/09/2018)
- The Target Report: Will the Real Crane Please Stand Up? - is being acquired by Crane Co., the global engineered technology and manufacturing company most commonly known for the ubiquitous bathroom fixtures found in millions of homes, office and factories. Despite the proximity of the two companies (Crane Currency ... (01/09/2018)
- CES unveils new TV features and what they mean for you - Questions surround their ease of manufacturing and ultimately ... Translation: Dolby pushes the color envelope further using 12 bits of color depth to offer 69 billion color variations. Video also comes with hidden instructions for compatible TV sets ... (01/08/2018)
- Use only quality stationery - Nataraj line of stationery is manufactured by Hindustan Pencils Pvt. Ltd which was established in 1958 and is the largest pencil manufacturing company in ... "Whether you need items for your home, school or office, the Nataraj line of quality writing ... (01/04/2018)
- America’s 25 dying industries include sound studios, textiles, newspapers - Office ... supplies manufacturing. Employment in the industry has fallen by 42.1% since 2007, among the most of any sector. Employment change 2007-2016: -42.2% Employment total: 18,365 Wage growth 2007-2016: 19.4% Avg. annual wage: $51,272 Stationery ... (12/28/2017)
- Envelope company bringing manufacturing from overseas to South Greensburg - Westmoreland County-based Standard Envelope got its start selling office supplies made in Dubai, but soon it will make its own products at a factory in South Greensburg. “We are going to bring the manufacturing over here, and with that will come jobs ... (02/07/2017)
- Zimbabwe: Papyrus Leads the Way in Stationery - PAPYRUS ... office accessories and computer consumables to a clientele of more than 400 across the country. As a paper and stationery wholesaler, our customers include printers, stationery retailers, end-user companies in the financial sector ... (06/05/2013)
- 32 jobs being created at new Kilkenny envelope manufacturing facility - A STATIONERY SUPPLIER has announced the creation of 32 jobs in Kilkenny by the end of 2014, according to the IDA. The Envelope Supply Company it setting up an envelope manufacturing facility in Kilkenny with the jobs being created ranging from operational ... (07/23/2012)
- Are you an office thief? - It’s the kind of thing that goes mostly unnoticed – an express-post envelope here, a couple of highlighters or a glue stick there. But is the stealing of office stationery really stealing? In a survey of 2000 employees conducted several years ago by ... (06/22/2012)
- MWV Signs Agreement to Sell Envelope Products Business to Cenveo - MWV Consumer & Office Products produces notebooks, folders, decorative calendars, stationery products ... within its core businesses of labels and forms manufacturing, packaging and publisher offerings, envelope production, and printing; supplying one ... (11/29/2010)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $5,711,389 on Office Stationery & Envelope Manufacturing. It has awarded 400 contracts to 107 companies, with an average value of $53,377 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Writing paper and envelopes, boxed sets, made from purchased paper, Writing paper, cut sheet, Computer paper, single layered continuous, die-cut, File folders (e.g., accordion, expanding, hanging, manila) made from purchased paper and paperboard, Cards, die-cut office supply (e.g., index, library, time recording), made from purchased paper or paperboard, Report covers made from purchased paper or paperboard, Manila folders, Tablets (e.g., memo, note, writing) made from purchased paper, Stationery made from purchased paper, Padded envelopes manufacturing, Paper products, die-cut office supply, Construction paper, school and art, Pocket folders made from purchased paper or paperboard, Envelopes (i.e., mailing, stationery) made from any material, Tapes (e.g., adding machine, calculator, cash register) made from purchased paper, Office supplies, die-cut paper, Office paper (e.g., computer printer, photocopy, plain paper), Bond paper made from purchased paper, Letters, made from purchased cardboard, Die-cut paper products for office use made from purchased paper or paperboard, Seed packets made from purchased paper, Looseleaf fillers and paper made from purchased paper, Pads, desk, Notebooks (including mechanically bound by wire, or plastics) made from purchased paper, etc.