Instant Download - Available immediately
Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Sugar Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Sugar Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Sugar Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Sugar Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Sugar Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Sugar Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Sugar Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Sugar Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||10%|
|Retail Sales Workers||8%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Food Processing Workers||20%|
|Miscellaneous Food Processing Workers||20%|
|Other Production Occupations||19%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||8%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||8%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||17%|
|Material Moving Workers||16%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||13%|
|Packers and Packagers, Hand||8%|
Sugar Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Squire Boone Caverns|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Irn-Bru has popular recipe replaced with low-sugar alternative - The crackdown on sugar in the UK has resulted in the end of production for the beloved sugary beverage Irn-Bru. Confirmed by AG Barr’s, production of the soft drink has ceased completely as the company strives to adhere to the new UK government ... (01/10/2018)
- Irn-Bru officially switch to new recipe using sweetener as Barr’s confirm they’ve stopped making original full-sugar version - IRN-BRU bosses have confirmed production of full-sugar version of the drink has now ended. AG Barr say a new recipe - laced with sweeteners - is now being used at its factories and will hit the shelves this month. Irn Bru is changing for good The Scottish ... (01/10/2018)
- Sony Sugar cuts production by 40 percent due to cane poaching - MIGORI, KENYA: Sony Sugar Company management lost half a billion in the last financial year due to cane poaching which has cut back their daily production by 40 percent. The management now fears that if the trend continues then its production capacity ... (01/08/2018)
- Environmental and equipment issues put sugar production behind; growers told no January payment - SCOTTSBLUFF — The good news for producers was that they did an excellent job in bringing in an above average yielding crop in 2017. But on the Wednesday before the start of the New Year, sugarbeet growers with Western Sugar Cooperative received the bad ... (01/07/2018)
- Still a long way to attaining self-sufficiency in sugar production - Despite Nigeria’s potential in producing sugar for local consumption, the country’s reliance on the importation of the commodity has become worrisome for a nation endowed with manpower, raw materials, expanse of cultivable land and excellent climatic ... (01/07/2018)
- Sugar sector faces problem of plenty as production jumps to 25 mt - NEW DELHI: The sugar sector seems to be heading back into troubled waters in 2018. A record increase in sugar production during the current season has steadily depressed prices in the domestic market, with analysts observing that initial moves from the ... (01/06/2018)
- Sugar production up 26% in Oct-Dec - Coimbatore: Sugar production in the country soared 26% year-on-year (y-o-y) or an increase of 21.35 lakh tonnes to 103.3 lakh tonnes between October and December 2017 on the back of good output in key growing states of Uttar Pradesh (UP) and Maharashtra. (01/05/2018)
- Sugar Land woman admits to manufacturing Kush in drug trafficking ring - A Sugar Land woman pleaded guilty in Houston federal court Thursday to managing a lucrative kush manufacturing lab that raked in millions of dollars from the sale of synthetic drugs at local retail outlets. Handcuffed and shackled in olive green jail ... (01/05/2018)
- PHL sugar production reaches 516,165 MT–report - Philippine raw-sugar output has reached 516,165 metric tons (MT) as of December 17, 5.47 percent higher than the 489,407 MT recorded in the same period last year, according to data from the Sugar Regulatory Administration (SRA). The latest data on sugar ... (01/04/2018)
- Low sugar production forecast due to La Niña - With the La Niña phenomenon in the country expected to last until February next year, an official from the Sugar Regulatory Administration (SRA) said the agency was expecting lower sugar output for 2018. “Presently and a week before, heavy rains have ... (12/27/2017)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $203,861 on Sugar Manufacturing. It has awarded 5 contracts to 4 companies, with an average value of $50,965 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.