|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Truss Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Truss Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Truss Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Truss Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Engineered Wood Member (Except Truss) Manufacturing
Engineered Wood Members (Excluding Trusses)
Prefabricated Wood Building Manufacturing
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Truss Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Truss Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Truss Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Truss Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Truss Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||6%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||18%|
|Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Wood||6%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing||12%|
|Other Production Occupations||15%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||9%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||17%|
|Material Moving Workers||13%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||8%|
Truss Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- 4WEB Medical Announces Record Sales Growth in 2017 - 4WEB's proprietary truss implant technology is an open architecture scaffold that uses the mechanics of the design to stimulate an osteogenic response in adjacent cellular material. The additive manufacturing process used to produce the proprietary implant ... (01/10/2018)
- Chaney opens BuilderUp - a building supplies & services division - Materials and services available at the new BuilderUp include custom truss manufacturing and steel fabrication (I-beams, lolly columns, wrought iron rails and welding services), crane services, engineered wood products, concrete supplies, hardscapes ... (01/08/2018)
- Simpson Manufacturing Company Inc. (SSD) Moves Higher on Volume Spike for January 05 - It also has a P/E ratio of 28.3. Simpson Manufacturing Co Inc through its subsidiary designs, engineers and manufactures wood construction products, including connectors, truss plates, fastening systems, fasteners and pre-fabricated shearwalls and concrete ... (01/05/2018)
- Gordon Lumber Marks 150th Anniversary - a basket manufacturing business was added to the business for several years in 1908, and then in 1916 the company went back to focusing on lumber. During the next several decades the company added a variety of lumberyards and stores. A components (truss ... (01/02/2018)
- MiTek Introduces the MatchPoint™ DirectDrive System to Increase the Productivity of Roof Truss Component Manufacturing - CHESTERFIELD, Mo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--MiTek Industries, Inc. today introduces the MatchPoint™ DirectDrive system. The MatchPoint DirectDrive™ system complements the MiTek’s MatchPoint BLADE™ wood processing system (an automated saw and component ... (06/13/2017)
- New truss plant could create 150 jobs - MANSFIELD - A truss manufacturing firm could create 50 new jobs by late this summer and more than 150 jobs within the next year following action by Mansfield City Council. And Economic Development Director Tim Bowersock said there are indications that 2016 ... (05/04/2016)
- Roof truss manufacturing planned on Northern Harford farm irks some neighbors - Pylesville resident claims increased development keeps many families from moving to Harford A proposal to locate an roof truss manufacturing and storage operation in a largely rural area of Northern Harford County, met with stiff opposition from some area ... (08/05/2015)
- Steel truss operation brings manufacturing back to East Texas - As Texans like to say, Wes Farr wasn’t born here, but he got here as quick as he could. After he graduated from Emporia State University in Emporia, Kansas, with an engineering degree, he signed on with Joy Global, a mining equipment company. He worked ... (06/28/2015)
- Homestead moving to O.C. - Homestead Building Systems (HBS) has acquired the former Timber Truss manufacturing facility near the Orange County Airport and hopes to move its production there by the end of the year. “We are very excited about setting up operations in the new ... (08/14/2013)
- Alpine Lumber buys out Montrose A.C. Houston truss plant - MONTROSE -- Alpine Lumber Co. has purchased A.C. Houston of Montrose, adding its truss manufacturing plant to Alpine's local operation. The deal to purchase A.C. Houston's assets in Montrose was finalized last week, said A.C. Houston Manager Dennis Jones ... (11/19/2002)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $27,289 on Truss Manufacturing. It has awarded 7 contracts to 4 companies, with an average value of $6,822 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Roof trusses, wood, manufacturing, Trusses, wood roof or floor, glue laminated or metal connected, Floor trusses, glue laminated or pre-engineered wood, etc.