|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Veterinary Services
Overview of the U.S. Veterinary Services IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Veterinary Services: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Veterinary Services industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Pet Care Services
Pet Grooming Services
Pet Boarding Services
Pet Funeral Services
Other Pet Care Services
Routine Veterinary Examinations
Surgical Treatment Of Animals
Non-Surgical Treatment Of Animals
Veterinary Laboratory Services
Veterinary Inspection And Disease Investigation Services
Resale Of Merchandise
Resale Of Other Merchandise
Resale Of Pet And Animal Supplies
All Other Receipts
All Other Operating Receipts
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Veterinary Services company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Veterinary Services industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Veterinary Services measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Healthcare Practitioners and Technical Occupations||44%|
|Health Diagnosing and Treating Practitioners||18%|
|Health Technologists and Technicians||27%|
|Health Practitioner Support Technologists and Technicians||27%|
|Veterinary Technologists and Technicians||27%|
|Healthcare Support Occupations||19%|
|Other Healthcare Support Occupations||19%|
|Miscellaneous Healthcare Support Occupations||19%|
|Veterinary Assistants and Laboratory Animal Caretakers||19%|
|Personal Care and Service Occupations||8%|
|Animal Care and Service Workers||8%|
|Nonfarm Animal Caretakers||8%|
|Nonfarm Animal Caretakers||8%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||26%|
|Information and Record Clerks||16%|
|Receptionists and Information Clerks||14%|
|Receptionists and Information Clerks||14%|
Veterinary Services Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Jaguar Animal Health||14|
|Burlington HC Research Group|
|American Veterinary Medical Association|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Purged from Ohio’s voter rolls, this Navy vet has his day at the Supreme Court - RELATED: The Supreme Court appears likely to approve Ohio's voter purging As many states do, Ohio compares change-of-address data from the U.S. Postal Service with its state registration list to identify voters who have moved without updating their addresses. (01/10/2018)
- Would You Donate Your Cat’s Body to a Vet Education Program? - If you live close to a veterinary college that offers such services, you might consider donating your cat’s body to contribute to the education of the veterinary students who will one day help countless animals during their careers. Body donation might ... (01/10/2018)
- Veterans Services office opens at Pentagon; state program reaches vet hiring goal - FILE - In this March 27, 2008 file photo, the Pentagon is seen in this aerial view in Washington. Virginia is home to the fourth largest military and veteran population in the nation, many of whom work at the Pentagon. (AP Photo/Charles Dharapak, File ... (01/10/2018)
- World War II vet reflects on flight missions, capture - Andrew Innocenzi flew a P-51 Mustang and was addressed as Lt. Andrew Innocenzi during his service in World War II. He flew 30 missions and accumulated 135 combat hours to his credit. Innocenzi won’t discuss how many “targets” he may have hit ... (01/10/2018)
- Swedish Veterinary Chain Orders Sectra Cloud-based PACS to Achieve Unified Solution for all Images - Approximately 100,000 examinations per year will be handled by the solution, which is sold as a service and thus paid per examination. About Sectra enterprise imaging With more than 25 years of innovation and 1,700 installations, Sectra is a leading global ... (01/10/2018)
- Five hospitals join Southern Veterinary Partners - Southern Veterinary Partners believes that leveraging its infrastructure allows the hospitals in its network to focus on medicine and their patients to facilitate best-in-class veterinary services and exceptional client experiences. (01/09/2018)
- Vet Online Supply New Year Kick-Off Statement from the Chairman - Daniel Rushford, the Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer stated, “I have been working with canine breeding and veterinary services for the past 15 years through my company, rushfordsilverlabs.com, and I bring 20 years of successful ... (01/09/2018)
- VA sued after vet died while waiting for heart surgery - than local non-VA hospitals as we are continually striving to improve our service and efficiency,” the paper reported. That statement also said that it “mourns the loss of every veteran.” Walker’s obituary said he joined the Air Force and served ... (01/08/2018)
- Bamboozled: Hush money? After veterinary mishap, consumer says 'They can't buy our silence' - A tool malfunctioned during the surgery, she said the vet told her. Nico needed a facility with 24-hour ... prohibits companies from having non-disparagement clauses in contracts or terms of service. It came into play after several companies added these ... (01/08/2018)
- Vet Services swears in member - ST. CLAIRSVILLE — As the Belmont County Veterans Services Commission continues to help military veterans find their place in civilian life, Kevin West will keep playing a role in that important work. West was sworn in Friday for his second five-year term ... (01/06/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $73,856,788 on Veterinary Services. It has awarded 707 contracts to 170 companies, with an average value of $434,452 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Hospitals, animal, Veterinary testing laboratories, Disease testing services, veterinary, Veterinary services, Vaccination services, Animal hospitals, Veterinarians' practices, Livestock veterinary services, Veterinary clinics, Small animal veterinary services, Laboratory testing services, Surgery services, Livestock inspecting and testing services, Surgeons' offices, livestock, pets and other animal specialties, Pet hospitals, Testing laboratories, Internists' offices, Veterinarians' offices, Testing services for veterinarians, etc.