|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Watch, Clock & Controlling Device Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Watch, Clock & Controlling Device Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Watch, Clock & Controlling Device Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Watch, Clock & Controlling Device Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Other Measuring And Controlling Device Manufacturing
Aircraft Engine Instruments (Excluding Flight)
Physical Properties Testing And Inspection Equipment And Kinematic Testing And Measuring Equipment
Nuclear Radiation Detection And Monitoring Instruments
Commercial, Geophysical, Meteorological, And General-Purpose Instruments And Equipment (Excluding Medical Thermometers)
Other Measuring And Controlling Device Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Other Secondary Products
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
Miscellaneous Receipts, Including Receipts For Repair Work, Sales Of Scrap And Refuse.
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Watch, Clock & Controlling Device Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Watch, Clock & Controlling Device Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Watch, Clock & Controlling Device Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Watch, Clock & Controlling Device Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Watch, Clock & Controlling Device Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||9%|
|Business Operations Specialists||6%|
|Computer and Mathematical Occupations||11%|
|Software Developers and Programmers||8%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||21%|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineers||6%|
|Drafters, Engineering Technicians, and Mapping Technicians||6%|
|Engineering Technicians, Except Drafters||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||17%|
|Electrical, Electronics, and Electromechanical Assemblers||11%|
|Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers||9%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||6%|
Watch, Clock & Controlling Device Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Ten trends trucking should watch in 2018 - There’s a lot of change going on in trucking right now, with the contentious imposition of electronic logging devices (ELDs ... retail market and analysts predict that e-commerce will control 17% of the broader retail market within five years and ... (01/10/2018)
- When do the clocks go forward in 2018, when did they go back and why do they change twice each year? - They also said it would increase supplies available for manufacturing the war effort during WW1 ... Luckily, when the clocks change, most devices connected to the internet like tablets, iPhones and other smart phones will update automatically. (01/10/2018)
- Future watching: 10 tech innovations that will change how we watch TV - Streaming has irrevocably changed how we watch TV ... to the list of devices that can be controlled by its Alexa personal assistant. It did this by adding 'cooking capabilities' to its Smart Home Skills API. In other words, manufacturers can start building ... (01/10/2018)
- Key Medical Device Companies in Asia-Pacific 2016-2017 - Research and Markets - It covers wound management, cardiovascular, orthopedic implants, infection control, and infusion therapy. The insight provides the following details: Overview of APAC medical device manufacturers Profiles of companies to watch Regions Covered: Indicative ... (01/09/2018)
- Revamped Apple Watch finds new life as a medical wearable - Now, the Apple Watch is finding a medical purpose after all. In September, Apple announced the Apple Watch would no longer need to be tethered to a smartphone and would become more of a stand-alone device. Since then, a wave of device manufacturers have ... (01/09/2018)
- 3 TVs that could change how you watch movies - "TV manufacturers ... they want to watch," he said. "The addition of a voice assistant provides an answer to an actual consumer problem." Related: Google's assistant now works on smart speakers with screens Other TVs also have voice control features. (01/09/2018)
- Google is taking on Amazon's newest Echo smart speakers — with a little help from some friends (GOOG, GOOGL, AMZN) - Google is teaming up with partners including Lenovo to make "smart screens" — voice-controlled tablets ... about bringing the Google Assistant to screen-based devices from those manufacturers, so Google moved to assist. The advantage of this model ... (01/09/2018)
- The Best Media Streaming Devices of 2018 - There are many ways to watch online content on your TV ... and dedicated remotes so you can view whatever you want from the couch, without a mobile device to control everything. Google Cast is a bit different, as it relies on a PC, smartphone, or tablet ... (01/05/2018)
- 40+ Fantastic Things You Can Do with an Apple Watch Series 3 - Apple Watch Series 3 is ... lets parents turn their old iOS device into a audio and visual baby monitor. You can play white noise or lullabies, speak to your child, or use the display as a night light with brightness control. Once setup you can check ... (01/04/2018)
- Amazon's newest Echo is designed to be the perfect smart alarm clock - Like all Alexa-enabled devices, the Echo Spot can be used to control smart-home gadgets ... The Echo Spot's small size makes it the ideal bedside alarm clock, and it was even designed to look like one. Its built-in speaker won't be ideal for listening ... (01/02/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $435,776,274 on Watch, Clock & Controlling Device Manufacturing. It has awarded 5,891 contracts to 1,111 companies, with an average value of $392,238 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Hydrometers (except industrial process-type) manufacturing, Tensile strength testing equipment manufacturing, Seismographs manufacturing, Viscosimeters (except industrial process type) manufacturing, Gas leak detectors manufacturing, Watch jewels manufacturing, Meteorological instruments manufacturing, Abrasion testing machines manufacturing, Evaporation meters manufacturing, Chronographs manufacturing, Weather tracking equipment manufacturing, Leak detectors, water, manufacturing, Hygrometers (except industrial process-type) manufacturing, Galvanometers, geophysical, Kinematic test and measuring equipment manufacturing, Sample changers, nuclear radiation, Thrust power indicators, aircraft engine, Level gauges, radiation-type, Clock or watch springs, precision, made from purchased wire, Clocks assembling from purchased components, Commercial timing mechanisms manufacturing, Time locks manufacturing, Alidades, surveying, Water leak detectors manufacturing, Wind direction indicators manufacturing, Modules for clocks and watches manufacturing, Actinometers, meteorological, Pitometers manufacturing, Lie detectors manufacturing, Fuel mixture indicators, Household-type timing mechanisms manufacturing, Thickness gauging instruments, ultrasonic, Barographs manufacturing, Barometers manufacturing, Thermocouples (except industrial process, aircraft type, glass vacuum) manufacturing, Watches and parts (except crystals) manufacturing, Solarimeters manufacturing, Compasses, portable magnetic-type, Surveying instruments manufacturing, Radiation detection and monitoring instruments manufacturing, Geophysical instruments manufacturing, Tapes, surveyor's, Transducers, pressure, Levels and tapes, Humidity instruments (except industrial process and air-conditioning type) manufacturing, RADIAC (radioactivity detection, identification, and computation) equipment manufacturing, Dosimetry devices manufacturing, Hygrothermographs manufacturing, Meteorologic tracking systems manufacturing, Springs, clock and watch, Seismometers manufacturing, Radioactivity detection, and computation (RADIAC) equipment manufacturing, Physical properties testing and inspection equipment manufacturing, Testers for checking hydraulic controls on aircraft manufacturing, Mechanisms, clockwork operated device, Ultrasonic testing equipment (except medical) manufacturing, Drafting instruments manufacturing, Clock materials and parts (except crystals) manufacturing, Instrumentation for reactor controls, auxiliary, Fuel system instruments, aircraft, Ceilometers manufacturing, Vibration meters, analyzers, and calibrators, Detectors, scintillation, Aircraft engine instruments manufacturing, Ion chambers manufacturing, Pressure and vacuum indicators, Fuel totalizers, Chains, T-squares (drafting) manufacturing, Accelerometers (except aerospace type) manufacturing, Sextants, Indicator testers, turntable, Clocks assembling, Fuel densitometers, Templates, drafting, Timers for industrial use, clockwork mechanism, Torsion testing equipment manufacturing, Automotive emissions testing equipment manufacturing, Appliance timers manufacturing, Dating devices and machines (except rubber stamps) manufacturing, Transits, Watchcase manufacturing, Alarm clocks manufacturing, Theodolites, Movements, watch or clock, Seismoscopes manufacturing, Hand stamps (e.g., date, time), timing mechanism operated, Rods, Testing equipment (e.g., abrasion, shearing strength, tensile strength, torsion) manufacturing, Fire detector systems, nonelectric, Pyrheliometers manufacturing, Fatigue testing machines, industrial, mechanical, Polygraph machines manufacturing, Wall clocks manufacturing, Spectrometers (e.g., liquid scintillation, nuclear) manufacturing, Dynamometers manufacturing, Scalers, Pressure transducers manufacturing, Timing mechanisms, clockwork, Pulse analyzers, nuclear monitoring, Nuclear instrument modules manufacturing, Geiger counters manufacturing, Whole body counters, nuclear, Rules, slide, Count rate meters, Hardness testing equipment manufacturing, Time clocks and time recording devices manufacturing, Metal detectors manufacturing, Scintillation detectors manufacturing, Chronometers manufacturing, Rain gauges manufacturing, Thermometer, liquid-in-glass and bimetal types (except medical), Magnetometers manufacturing, Nephoscopes manufacturing, Time stamps containing clock mechanisms manufacturing, etc.