Broom, Brush & Mop Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Broom, Brush & Mop Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Broom, Brush & Mop Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Broom, Brush & Mop Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Broom, Brush & Mop Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Toilet Preparation Manufacturing
Broom, Brush, And Mop Manufacturing
Brushes, Other Types
Broom, Brush, And Mop Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Broom, Brush & Mop Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Broom, Brush & Mop Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Broom, Brush & Mop Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Broom, Brush & Mop Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Broom, Brush & Mop Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||15%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||19%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||16%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||12%|
|Other Production Occupations||14%|
Broom, Brush & Mop Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Halloween Revelers Enjoy Decorating for Holiday - 302 — The number of broom, brush, and mop and casket manufacturing establishments. Combined, these two industries employed 12,627 people and had a total value of shipments of $3.6 billion in 2012. – $935.5 million — Dollar value of U.S. fresh apples ... (10/29/2017)
- Halloween revelers enjoy decorating for spooky-fun holiday - 302 — The number of broom, brush, and mop and casket manufacturing establishments. Combined, these two industries employed 12,627 people and had a total value of shipments of $3.6 billion in 2012. ? $935.5 million — Dollar value of U.S. fresh apples ... (10/29/2017)
- What Paintbrush Makers Know About How to Beat China - There are simply so many types of brushes for so many applications that many Chinese manufacturers thought the business wasn’t worth the hassle. For decades, China lagged behind in the main categories (toothbrushes, brooms, mops and, of course ... (10/28/2017)
- Halloween is big business - There are 302 broom, brush, mop and casket manufacturers in the country employing 12,600 people who likely will urge authenticity in future costume decisions. * More than $1 billion was spent on amusement park construction last year. * Of those ... (10/30/2016)
- New manufacturer American Select Tubing to locate in Mattoon - MATTOON (JG-TC) — A new manufacturing facility is coming to Mattoon. Sullivan-based AF Holding Company announced the launch of a new company, American Select Tubing, LLC, specializing in the manufacture and sale of handles to the broom, brush and mop ... (08/21/2012)
- Harper Brush bankruptcy case progresses - Mike Johnson, controller for Harper Brush Works, Inc., said that is called Chapter 7 liquidation, which is not happening to Harper. Harper Brush, a 111-year old broom and brush manufacturing ... push brooms, mops, buckets, dust pans, housewares, long ... (07/17/2012)
- Research and Markets: Broom, Brush, and Mop Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2010 Year-End Edition] Report Includes Topics from Foreign Trade to ... - LLC's new report "Broom, Brush, and Mop Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2010 Year-End Edition]" to their offering. This latest Broom, Brush, and Mop Manufacturing Industry report provides the most updated market research on ... (01/04/2011)
- Throw away the broom and mop - Standard mops spread some dirt around since they are rinsed in water that is far from pristine after the first dunk. Hoover and Haan were among the manufacturers showing ... and dirty water separate. Spinning brushes gently wash and scrub the surface. (01/14/2010)
- Mainstay of Arcola, Ill. : Broom Industry May Be Facing Sweeping Change - Arcola's annual Broom Corn Festival, which attracted more than 50,000 people earlier this month, dates to 1898. And the weekly Arcola Record Herald still publishes the monthly Broom, Brush & Mop ... statistics as the manufacturers are primarily family ... (09/17/1988)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $3,269,375 on Broom, Brush & Mop Manufacturing. It has awarded 286 contracts to 63 companies, with an average value of $51,895 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Paintbrushes manufacturing, Brushes, household-type and industrial, manufacturing, Paint rollers manufacturing, Toothbrushes (except electric) manufacturing, Brooms, hand and machine, paint (except artists'), Shaving brushes manufacturing, Hairbrushes manufacturing, Mops, floor and dust, Cloths (except chemically treated), dusting and polishing, etc.