Musical Instrument Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Musical Instrument Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Musical Instrument Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Musical Instrument Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Musical Instrument Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Musical Instrument Manufacturing
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Musical Instrument Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Musical Instrument Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Musical Instrument Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Musical Instrument Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Musical Instrument Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||15%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||19%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||16%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||12%|
|Other Production Occupations||14%|
Musical Instrument Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Zzyzx Snap Jack|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Pittsboro company says it can stop energy waste, save military lives - Its nine employees work out of a 10,000-square-foot lab and manufacturing site ... You can also experience this when you try to play a musical instrument and there is distortion in how the notes come out. That’s a result of energy being consumed ... (01/10/2018)
- The State of the Independent Music Store - “The reality is that not everyone lives in an area where you can play the kinds of instruments that we have,” says Adam Dardeck, a sales manager at the Music Emporium in Lexington ... and showcases for various manufacturers. (01/08/2018)
- Signs of Trouble? Gibson Will Not Be Appearing at This Year's NAMM Show - considered by many as the biggest musical instrument convention in the world. Instead, the company will focus its efforts on the Consumer Electronics Show, set to take place between January 9 and 12 in Las Vegas, NV. The source reports: "The move seems to ... (01/07/2018)
- Gear4Music shares take hit despite strong sales increase - Shares in online musical instrument and equipment seller Gear4music fell sharply ... wary of diesel-powered vehicles According to data collated by the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT), 2017 marked the first decline in UK car sales in ... (01/05/2018)
- 4 Somerville Artists Awarded Iguana Music Fund Grants - SOMERVILLE, MA – Four Somerville-based musical acts were among 28 artists ... $500 to $2,000 in the fields of recording or manufacturing assistance, publicity and marketing support, equipment and instruments, songwriting retreats, tour support, special ... (01/05/2018)
- GST and 2017: From manufacturing to telecom, how India Inc coped with 'One, Nation, One Tax' concept - Manufacturing: The sector ... While mobiles have come under the 12% slab, physical exercise equipment, cookers, stoves, musical instruments and their parts, functional printers, vacuum cleaners have all been included in the 28% category, guaranteeing ... (12/28/2017)
- Looking Back at 2017: Indonesia's Manufacturing Industry - In February the Japan-based Yamaha Corporation said it will invest IDR 568.5 billion (approx. USD $43 million) to develop a musical instrument manufacturing factory in Bekasi (West Java). Here it will manufacture various digital music instruments ... (12/28/2017)
- Passim Announces 2017 Iguana Music Fund Recipients - The Iguana Music Fund was launched in 2008 after ... Grants are allocated in the areas of recording or manufacturing assistance; publicity & marketing support; equipment & instruments; songwriting retreats; tour support; special projects and other specific ... (12/28/2017)
- BRIEF-Kawai Musical Instruments Manufacturing completes share repurchase and says change of shareholding structure - * Says it completed repurchase of 320,000 shares of its common stock, for 799.7 million yen, on Nov. 21, through ToSTNeT-3 * Says South Korea-based musical instrument manufacture firm decreased voting power in the co to 6.9 percent(609,700 shares) from 10 ... (11/21/2017)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $3,147,291 on Musical Instrument Manufacturing. It has awarded 182 contracts to 50 companies, with an average value of $62,946 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Cymbals and parts manufacturing, Harmonicas manufacturing, Drums (musical instruments), parts, and accessories manufacturing, Clarinets and parts manufacturing, Violins and parts manufacturing, Percussion musical instruments manufacturing, Trumpets and parts manufacturing, Saxophones and parts manufacturing, Harps and parts manufacturing, Ocarinas manufacturing, Vibraphones manufacturing, Zithers and parts manufacturing, Musical instruments (except toy) manufacturing, Mandolins manufacturing, Autophones (organs with perforated music rolls) manufacturing, Cellos and parts manufacturing, Trombones and parts manufacturing, Keyboards, piano or organ, manufacturing, Electric musical instruments manufacturing, Reeds, musical instrument, Hammers, piano, Musical instrument accessories (e.g., mouthpieces, reeds, stands, traps) manufacturing, Accordions and parts manufacturing, Violas and parts manufacturing, Pipes, organ, Flutes and parts manufacturing, Guitars and parts, electric and nonelectric, Chimes and parts (musical instruments) manufacturing, Harpsichords manufacturing, Instruments, musical, Tuning forks manufacturing, Calliopes (steam organs) manufacturing, Cornets and parts manufacturing, Strings, Mouthpieces for musical instruments manufacturing, Bassoons manufacturing, Piccolos and parts manufacturing, Ukuleles and parts manufacturing, Piano parts and materials (except piano hardware) manufacturing, Synthesizers, music, Knobs, Fretted instruments and parts manufacturing, Xylophones and parts manufacturing, Octophones manufacturing, Music rolls, perforated, Banjos and parts manufacturing, Oboes manufacturing, Bells (musical instruments) manufacturing, etc.