Fastener, Button, Needle & Pin Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Fastener, Button, Needle & Pin Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Fastener, Button, Needle & Pin Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Fastener, Button, Needle & Pin Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Fastener, Button, Needle & Pin Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Fastener, Button, Needle, And Pin Manufacturing
Buttons And Button Parts, Including Button Backs, Blanks, And Molds (Excluding Buttons And Button Parts Made Of Precious Metals
Zippers And Slide Fasteners, Excluding Zippers And Slide Fasteners Made Of Precious Metals And Precious And Semiprecious Stones
Buckles, Fasteners (Excluding Slide Fasteners), Needles, And Pins, Excluding Those Made Of Precious Metals And Precious And Semi
Fastener, Button, Needle, And Pin Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Fastener, Button, Needle & Pin Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Fastener, Button, Needle & Pin Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Fastener, Button, Needle & Pin Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Fastener, Button, Needle & Pin Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Fastener, Button, Needle & Pin Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||15%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||19%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||16%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||12%|
|Other Production Occupations||14%|
Fastener, Button, Needle & Pin Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- WNBA Licensees - American Needle-- Adult headwear. Antigua-- Men's and women's activewear ... Aminco-- Team-identified metal and soft rubber lapel pins (individual and sets), pendants, earrings, zipper pulls, magnets, key chains, player-identified jersey pins, rubber ... (12/31/2017)
- Top 10 Best Kids Sewing Machines - Janome has a long history of quality and I’m in love with their range of brightly colored mini sewing machines. The Derby is an updated model of a popular classic that offers just enough features to be interesting while keeping things simple enough to ... (07/30/2017)
- United States Fastener, Button, Needle, And Pin Market 2017 - Analysis And Forecast to 2025 - Research and Markets - DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "U.S. Fastener, Button, Needle, And Pin Market - Analysis And Forecast to 2025" report to their offering. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the U.S. fastener ... (05/10/2017)
- The gen-two Moto 360—a beautiful, compact design without much new tech - Manufacturers have started to catch on to this idea—the Apple Watch, for instance, comes in several different materials and band types—but no one offers the level of customization that Motorola does. There are even "men's" and "women's" versions of the ... (09/23/2015)
- 5 Ways to Recycle an Old Necktie Into a Last-Minute Father’s Day Gift - The pointed end of the tie is now a top flap to the gadget case and the elastic cord is now the fastener. Flip down the flap and hook the cord over the button to secure your ... the other will be pointed). Then, pin and stitch in place. (06/05/2013)
- The Simple, Humble, Surprisingly Sexy Button - Percent% Buttons in this period almost never appeared in straight rows, but were used singly as sartorial flourishes. Advertisement Along with brooches, buckles, and straight pins ... miracle that was automated button-manufacturing. The writer describes ... (06/14/2012)
- Creating your own emergency sewing kit - When you're travelling or simply on the go, you don't want to feel embarrassed by a lost button or a ripped seam. And those cheap dollar-store sewing kits never offer enough to get the job done right. So create your own emergency sewing kit, and you'll be ... (03/09/2012)
- How To Winterize A Coat - 3) Straight pins for machine sewing and needles for ... The actual last step is to re-attach any buttons you had to take off before. Sewing a button is easy: just load up a needle with buttonhole thread, and make a couple passes through the holes. (12/02/2011)
- Cylindrical Lock accepts HID prox cards and keyfobs. - Just like the PDL3000, our PDL3000K PIN/Prox cylindrical lock features 2000 3-6 digit user ... Our wide range of electronic access locks has pushed all the right security buttons for security directors, business owners, and facility managers, who know ... (03/14/2008)
- Reliving garment industry's heyday New exhibit at Museum of Industry pays homage to city's 'needle trades' - Baltimore's garment manufacturers didn't turn ... Pieces of gray flannel and pin-striped cloth for conservative men's suits sit on cutting tables in the center of the room. Other artifacts include buttons made from oyster shells, bolts of fabric and ... (10/26/1998)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $2,005,816 on Fastener, Button, Needle & Pin Manufacturing. It has awarded 283 contracts to 31 companies, with an average value of $64,704 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Hairpins (except rubber) manufacturing, Pins (except precious) manufacturing, Slide fasteners (i.e., zippers) manufacturing, Buckles and buckle parts (including shoe) manufacturing, Zippers (i.e., slide fasteners) manufacturing, Fasteners (e.g., glove, hook-and-eye, slide, snap) manufacturing, Needles (except hypodermic, phonograph, styli) manufacturing, Eyelets, metal, manufacturing, Safety pins manufacturing, Hook and eye fasteners (i.e., sewing accessories) manufacturing, Cuff links (except precious) manufacturing, Buttons (except precious metal, precious stones, semiprecious stones) manufacturing, etc.