|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Gasket, Packing & Sealing Device Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Gasket, Packing & Sealing Device Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Gasket, Packing & Sealing Device Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Gasket, Packing & Sealing Device Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Rubber Product Manufacturing For Mechanical Use
Gasket, Packing, And Sealing Device Manufacturing
Gaskets And Gasketing, Nonmetallic
Packing And Seals, Molded
Gaskets And Seals, Metallic And Machined
Gasket, Packing, And Sealing Device Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Other Secondary Products
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
Miscellaneous Receipts, Including Receipts For Repair Work, Sales Of Scrap And Refuse.
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Gasket, Packing & Sealing Device Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Gasket, Packing & Sealing Device Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Gasket, Packing & Sealing Device Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Gasket, Packing & Sealing Device Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Gasket, Packing & Sealing Device Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||15%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||19%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||16%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||12%|
|Other Production Occupations||14%|
Gasket, Packing & Sealing Device Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Garlock Sealing Technologies||101|
|Trelleborg Sealing Solutions US||21|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Using Labels to Detect and Prevent Tampering - No 2016/161 requires pharmaceutical companies that commercialize prescription medicines in the European Union to provide pharmaceutical packaging with unique identifiers (i.e., serialization) as well as anti-tampering devices (1). Nature teaches us how ... (01/12/2018)
- PR: Schreiner MediPharm presents digital and analog pharma-security solutions - From then onwards, pharmaceutical manufacturers have to provide secondary packaging of all medicines placed on the market with an individual serial number as well as an anti-tampering device to ensure ... from diverse closure seal solutions for clear ... (01/12/2018)
- Did Ford Install The Wrong Head Gaskets On The Focus RS? - In small, high output engines, due to packaging ... sealing performance. I’ve read all sorts of theories about why Focus RS owners have been experiencing coolant loss, steamy plumes from their exhaust and misfires. Some suggested that the head gasket ... (01/11/2018)
- Tekni-Films makes robust case for TekniMD PX copolyester film series for life science applications - Alert to the critical nature of maintaining a reliable supply of quality materials to medical device OEMs ... maintaining seal integrity in accelerated aging tests for more than five years.” Demand for strong, impact-resistant packaging will continue ... (01/09/2018)
- Stock Clamshell Packaging Market to touch US$ 7,316.5 million revenue by the end of 2026 - TMR - Albany, New York, Jan. 08, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Providing tight seal, clarity and custom packaging for various products ... semiconductors, med-devices, consumer goods and technology. These reports provide in-depth analysis and deep segmentation ... (01/08/2018)
- The top 6 healthcare packaging topics of 2017 - It’s been a busy year for packaging ... Basics of seal-strength testing,” both by Stephen Franks, and "Package performance testing conundrum: Solved!" by Patrick Nolan. Above image: Example of a Class III medical device seal that contains a hair ... (12/20/2017)
- United States Gasket, Packing, And Sealing Device Market 2017-2020 - Research and Markets - Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "U.S. Gasket, Packing, And Sealing Device Market - Analysis And Forecast to 2020" report to their offering. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the U.S. gasket, packing, and sealing device market. (01/31/2017)
- Low-Load Gaskets seal metallic and non-metallic piping systems. - Palmyra, N.Y., -- Garlock Sealing Technologies has expanded its line of low-load gaskets for sealing metallic and non-metallic piping systems with the addition ... and style 3505 undergoes special manufacturing and packaging requirements to meet NSF ... (09/10/2012)
- Research and Markets: Gasket, Packing, and Sealing Device Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2011 Edition] - LLC's new report "Gasket, Packing, and Sealing Device Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2011 Edition]" to their offering. This latest Gasket, Packing, and Sealing Device Manufacturing Industry report provides the most updated ... (06/10/2011)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $21,738,679 on Gasket, Packing & Sealing Device Manufacturing. It has awarded 3,810 contracts to 471 companies, with an average value of $46,154 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Coaxial mechanical face seals manufacturing, Gasket, packing, and sealing devices manufacturing, Molded packings and seals manufacturing, Seals, grease or oil, manufacturing, Gaskets manufacturing, Oil seals manufacturing, Compression packings manufacturing, Grease seals manufacturing, etc.